It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
They have closed their borders.

I have an idea, here in Australia you can be tried if you suspect child abuse and don't report it, as a football coach of children I have to report anything I think is odd or I can be tried for 'minding my own business whilst I suspect abuse.. Well, if it comes to light that these monsters have friends or family or religious leaders who suspected anything and didn't come forward then sorry, but off to jail or Saudi Arabia whether you are French, African or anything.

That will never happen. They will never report their own. In fact, they quietly condone it. It's funny, in watching news updates, I have seen a number of western leaders condemn these horrific attacks but not one Muslim leader. Maybe I'm just missing it but I think it's kind of a wink and a nod while not explicitly encouraging these acts from those of the same following.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

And ALL these 'assholes' happen to be Muslim. The inconvenient truth is that this religion breeds these 'assholes'. Even though almost all religions started in the iron age, the rest have evolved, changed with the times. All except this one.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You must not have looked very hard.

In an official statement, Iranian president Hassan Rouhani called the attacks a “crime against humanity.”
In the name of the Iranian people, who have themselves been victims of terrorism, I strongly condemn these crimes against humanity and offer my condolences to the grieving French people and government.
Indonesian president Joko Widodo condemned the “violence that took place in Paris,” and called for more international cooperation to fight terrorism.
Leaders of Arab states called the attacks immoral and inhumane. Qatar’s foreign minister Khaled al-Attiyah denounced the “heinous attacks,” adding, “these acts, which target stability and security in France are against all human and moral values.” Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah called the attacks “criminal acts of terrorism which run counter to all teachings of holy faith and humanitarian values.” The Saudi foreign ministry called for global cooperation to “root out this dangerous and destructive plague.”

qz.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thats bad.So many innocent people killed&wounded.

doesnt help that this happened on a friday the 13th. this kind of attack could have some further meaning. Wouldn't be surprised if 'ISIS' was behind that.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And yet Iran harbored, transported, and allowed the training of al-qaeda operatives on their own soil. The same people who committed the attack on 9/11. Not the same group, but the actual people who flew the planes. All from Saudi Arabia...

You trust these people you've quoted?? If so, why?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Did I say a damn thing about trusting them? The post it was in reply to stated that there wasn't a single Muslim leader speaking out against the attacks. I proved there were. It has nothing to do with trusting them, simply showing that they were speaking against it.

I don't trust any of these leaders, be they Western or Muslim, but the Muslim leaders are speaking against this as much as Western leaders are.
edit on 11/14/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Exactly.

The west are not the only ones being hit by ISIS. If anything we are just a side show.

Syria, Iraq, Jorden and Iran are getting the bulk of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'll bet strict firearm control didn't have much to do with some people's decision making process.

As in " When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns ".....

Condemn the actions of some all you please, it won't change a thing.

These attacks are carried out by cowards who won't go up against anyone who may likely be able to defend themselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And what does these people speaking against the act mean to you? You believe them?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Thanks for this link Zaphod

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: spacedog1973
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Quotes Breitbart like it's a news source

www.bedfordtoday.co.uk...

Seems you progressives are even more close minded than those you accuse.
Simply disliking a source does not invalidate an inconvenient truth.

thank you

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No idea what he is...fact remains that these attacks happen daily. Islam will never peacefully exist with any other "religion".

Worked fine before some idiot started a war on a strategy and destabilised the whole ME. Turkey was actually a German ally in WW I, skip the islam-bashing for a second.

You're just being hilariously ridiculous here.

a reply to: Forensick

Sorry but I haven't had any rights removed. When I first went to Germany I had to have "papers" incase stopped by the police, I'm 39 years old, don't have to do that for a long time.

What rights have you have eroded in the last 14 years??

Erm, just in case you missed it: Germany cancelled Schengen recently. Everybody has to show up 'papers' when crossing the borders now. There you've got one for starters, now search for the Patriot Act or the Redlist to delve deeper.

Looking forward to the next expansion of freedom, TTIP maybe? Curfew in Paris, closed borders in France or military on the streets? Well... you have it all, congrats!

edit on 14-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

And what does these people speaking against the act mean to you? You believe them?

Well I Certain do seeing as Jordan and Iran are actively fighting them right now.

If you remember a Jordan pilot got burned alive by ISIS for taking the fight to them so they are putting there money were there mouth is.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I trust them as much as I trust any politician.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You must not have looked very hard.

In an official statement, Iranian president Hassan Rouhani called the attacks a “crime against humanity.”
In the name of the Iranian people, who have themselves been victims of terrorism, I strongly condemn these crimes against humanity and offer my condolences to the grieving French people and government.
Indonesian president Joko Widodo condemned the “violence that took place in Paris,” and called for more international cooperation to fight terrorism.
Leaders of Arab states called the attacks immoral and inhumane. Qatar’s foreign minister Khaled al-Attiyah denounced the “heinous attacks,” adding, “these acts, which target stability and security in France are against all human and moral values.” Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah called the attacks “criminal acts of terrorism which run counter to all teachings of holy faith and humanitarian values.” The Saudi foreign ministry called for global cooperation to “root out this dangerous and destructive plague.”

qz.com...

Like I said, if you read my post, is I may have missed it. I saw nothing on the TV news, sorry I didn't read your obscure source 'quartz.com' during this episode.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
More terrible news in France, not for sure if related as to early to tell.

Train derailment with fatalities.

www.itv.com...

edit on 14-11-2015 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Aljazeera is reporting that the French government is restricting right to assemble until Thursday.

Are they thinking they will be stopping ISIS having access to large targets?

CX.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That was the first site that popped up when I did a simple Google search for comments.

Time

A simple search online shows them speaking out. The media isn't going to show it on TV because it goes against their agenda.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Aljazeera is reporting that the French government is restricting right to assemble until Thursday.

Are they thinking they will be stopping ISIS having access to large targets?

CX.

Yes keep groups small see the French government has a problem. They had boosted security before these attacks. Screaming stations were set up for venues and they took steps to prevent this it failed and their is the problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PraeterLambo

God Bless America.

Amerika and God need a perpetual enemy
Of course god will bless Amerika with thinkers like these

en.wikipedia.org...

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was a neoconservative[1][2][3] think tank based in Washington, D.C. that focused on United States foreign policy. It was established as a non-profit educational organization in 1997, and founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan.[4][5] The PNAC's stated goal was "to promote American global leadership".[6] The organization stated that "American leadership is good both for America and for the world," and sought to build support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity".[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Clash of Civilizations

The Clash of Civilizations (COC) is a theory that people's cultural and religious identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post-Cold War world. It was proposed by political scientist Samuel P. Huntington in a 1992 lecture[1] at the American Enterprise Institute, which was then developed in a 1993 Foreign Affairs article titled "The Clash of Civilizations?",[2] in response to his former student Francis Fukuyama's 1992 book, The End of History and the Last Man. Huntington later expanded his thesis in a 1996 book The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order.
The phrase itself was earlier used by Albert Camus in 1946,[3] and by Bernard Lewis in an article in the September 1990 issue of The Atlantic Monthly titled "The Roots of Muslim Rage".[4] Even earlier, the phrase appears in a 1926 book regarding the Middle East by Basil Mathews: Young Islam on Trek: A Study in the Clash of Civilizations (p. 196).
This expression derives from clash of cultures, already used during the colonial period and the Belle Époque.[5]

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join