It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: slip2break

There's always one that will bring up events from hundreds of years ago which has absolutely zero relevance to what is happening today. Once again I have to point out that the damn Crusades were started in retaliation to the genocide of Christians and expansion of Islam at that time.

At this point in history Christians are STILL being annihilated in their thousands throughout the ME and are on Genocide Watch's top alert list. Please remember that Christianity started in the ME and if you can be bothered to learn some history you will discover remarkably that Christians have suffered severe persecution, far more in fact than Muslims

What possible circumstances can you state that are the cause of the current terrorism and expansionism of Islam? Whilst remembering that there hasn't been a time in history when the Middle East has been at peace with each other let alone the rest of the world!!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break

Hopefully you're being sarcastic. This didn't start with Obama. Nor did it start with Bush, Clinton, the other Bush, Reagan, Carter... etc. This is a baseline that has been with us for quite a while now.....

Yes ofc, it seems a common way of finding an easy scapegoat for everything that happens and avoid to name the real responsibles behind him.

EDIT: IS is the new Gladio
edit on 13 11 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteveDriggs

Let's not forget that The United States has no qualms about killing innocent civilians for political motives. It is a tragedy that over a hundred innocent people have been killed in Paris.

The US has killed 30,000,000 in armed conflicts since World War II. 90% of these deaths were civilian non-combatants, people in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like the victims in Paris today. 1/3, about 9 million, of those innocent civilians were children.a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Non of that matters they attacked freaking france dude.. please go home

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wonder what would happen if Obama declares tomorrow that for next 12 months..............no files of immigration from Islamic countries to US will be processed or even accepted. The files in current pipeline will also be frozen.

Something that drastic is needed to make a meaningful impact on global terrorism.

I bet locals in such countries will hunt out the fanatics and destroy them with ease. No need for B2s and Drones and NSA spying on people.

link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Seems Russia called our bluff and we called hers. What happens next?

I don't agree with a lot of things. And there are a lot of things, I don't like ... Maybe I even don't like Muslims, and Islam ... but they have the right to exist. I may not like Russians or Chinese, but I would fight for their right to exist. I may not agree with Americans, but I love the place non the less.

I don't want to live in a world, where all this has been erased and reduced to an Orwellian reality, because I know when our side wins, our opinions and ideas will eventually be targeted.

This is why I do not wish victory, to our side... and it breaks my heart, because I fear we will win. Because I don't think the Russians are ready, to use the firepower it takes. They will compromise, and WE, the people will be the losers in the endgame.

link   
a reply to: SteveDriggs

I would like to see where you get that number and I hope they don't count casualties in wars.

The US haters are quick to use this tragedy to blame the United States.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Just thinking, this plan could have been in effect just awaiting the word to act.

It's what I've been thinking as I wade through this thread.

The announcement about Jihadi John from Obama was the trigger phrase being waited for.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Yes, there should always be "one" who makes an attempt to pull it out of the specific context and tries to point out that it is not especially constructive to talk about this as a Muslim vs. Christian issue. Whatever has occurred has very little to do with the influx of Muslim refuges into Europe, other than this is a hot news item that ISIS or whoever has decided to inflame further. Someone making a statement that recent Muslim behavior shows that it more apt to rationalize violence than Christianity is ridiculous. Someone needs to address that

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Of course. I know where he sourced that figure from and it isn't even a remotely acceptable source. More trolling and disinfo.
edit on 13-11-2015 by BrokedownChevy because: Typo

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

It really does matter quite a bit. There was some discussion in this thread of various responses to the incident on the part of Western military forces broadly and US forces in particular. I don't see how one would advocate a military response to these terrorist crimes but not condone similar retribution against US and western forces that have killed exponentially more innocent people. I'll never understand it. I didn't understand it the day I watched through my kitchen window as the WTC towers fell and everybody went completely insane with violent patriotic vitriol and I don't understand it today. These terrorist attacks will always happen. It sucks. Using them to justify war is ridiculous. Using isolated and still quite infrequent incidents of politically motivated violence to justify bigotry against a group of people who have nothing to do with this type of violence is even more ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: slip2break

Not sure why you would think I need that quote...

My cynical mind tends to look on how folks with power in the US, love to use these tragic events, to further erode our liberties...

For the "talking heads" to have the cajones to go on LIVE TV, and cry that they don't have ENOUGH resources and privileges available to them to prevent attacks on US soil, with the sacrifice of liberty already taken, is beyond outrageous...

..but.... it's been 14+ years since 9/11 when the first liberty grab was taken, and we have a new generation who have grown up without what was taken...

Do they feel it's time to chisel away more, knowing this?

Quoted for truth.

Lockdown of France, curfew in Paris and more crap with Hollandes new war coming but people are brickering about any relation to their glorious War with Terror. Martial Law is just another attack away, we better keep that in mind.

It's ridiculous, thanks for reaffirming my sanity here. To everybody who is able to see this: thank you!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
It's what I've been thinking as I wade through this thread.

The announcement about Jihadi John from Obama was the trigger phrase being waited for.

Well, terrorism ... it's about making you so terrified, you'll abandon your laws and structures for "safety". To the point, where "murdering" individual targets based on political decisions, instead of rule of law, is accepted. Did you know, that targeting an individual in a war (specifically by identity) is a war crime?

Now, as someone pointed out ... I don't see how that benefits the Islamic society, in or outside the ME. Are they really that dumb? to give us a blank check to go and bomb the ME back to stoneage?

or, are we ...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 13-11-2015 by BrokedownChevy because: Typo

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteveDriggs
a reply to: starfoxxx

It really does matter quite a bit. There was some discussion in this thread of various responses to the incident on the part of Western military forces broadly and US forces in particular. I don't see how one would advocate a military response to these terrorist crimes but not condone similar retribution against US and western forces that have killed exponentially more innocent people. I'll never understand it. I didn't understand it the day I watched through my kitchen window as the WTC towers fell and everybody went completely insane with violent patriotic vitriol and I don't understand it today. These terrorist attacks will always happen. It sucks. Using them to justify war is ridiculous. Using isolated and still quite infrequent incidents of politically motivated violence to justify bigotry against a group of people who have nothing to do with this type of violence is even more ridiculous.

Will that still be your opinion when it is one of your loved ones who has been murdered by these people?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Paris, France | November 13, 2015 | State of Emergency | Unleash the Beast | Al-Qaeda | Jihad = (110) + (142) + (181) + (160) + (41) + (32) = 666.

Paris, France happens to be a member of the 1st beast... the United Kingdom.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Figures are from the paper The Role of Public Health in the Prevention of War: Rationale and Competencies
William H. Wiist, DHSc, MPH, MS, Kathy Barker, PhD, Neil Arya, MD, Jon Rohde, MD, Martin Donohoe, MD, Shelley White, PhD, MPH, Pauline Lubens, MPH, Geraldine Gorman, RN, PhD, and Amy Hagopian, PhD ajph.aphapublications.org...
and include casualties of all 200 plus armed conflicts initiated by the US since the end of WWII
a reply to: flyandi

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Isis kills innocents with intent. They openly support the murder of innocent civilians

PNAC did so as well, yet nobody in the Mainstream took notice.
Move on and gimme names, nothing to see here...

link   

originally posted by: Brett83

Will that still be your opinion when it is one of your loved ones who has been murdered by these people?

Of course not... see my earlier statement about carpet bombing innocents and relatives becoming "terrorists" 30 years down the road. For the general population, we shouldn't let this sort of logic rule our lives. This is the same failed logic that has gotten us to where we are. Should we all debase ourselves to the level of the terrorists because there is a 1 in a 100000 chance one of our loved ones could get gunned down in the future?

link   
Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of France. What a coward act of terror. What a disgusting act of hate .

I hope the animals who are responsible for these acts have died in a painful manner

May they rest in hell and may the families of the victims find peace

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

How is this being reported in Iran Haman , and what is the feeling on the streets .

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join