It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Already a wiki on this en.wikipedia.org...
If this was America everyone would be saying what a ruthless violent place it is..
It happens everywhere and not just America. Organized terror is way more
dangerous then a few one off lone gun men getting one or two people..
edit on 13-11-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wyrmboy12

Washington D.C. is a giant gun-free zone.

Fish in a barrel there, especially with their mindset.

(I say this because Washington D.C. has some of the strictest gun laws in the country).

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennogob

My most heartfelt sympathy goes out to the people of Paris and France.
I think I'm safe in saying that almost to a man the people of Britain are 100% behind you.

I've just got in from the pub and everyone I've spoken to are full of horror, disgust and sympathy.

All I can say is enough is enough, we can not allow these atrocities to continue.

People can take from that what they want.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Attacks on innocents are what cause the downward spiral, not the response of self defense and preservation. Those are reactions and consequences of these violent people's actions. Don't blame people for fearing others who kill in the name of Islam. It's their right and quite normal in consideration of fear as an evolutionarily created survival mechanism. They kill in the name of Islam. Accept it. The religion allows for this interpretation regardless of the other side of the coin. Sorry, but Christianity is the dominant religion in the western world and the current level of violence is incomparable between the two religions. Not even close so stop playing what ifs. Besides, I don't fear anyone in America because I am allowed to protect myself and I choose to do so. Go walk around Raqqa with your wife and kids if you're so comfortable with Islam. It is a Muslim dominated region and not all of them are bad right? Go ahead and roll the dice if you believe what you're telling yourself. I bet you'd never let children near that area. It's a horrible religion, as all religions are, that will never evolve past this despicable violence.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
Just came over twitter.

Head of police believes all attackers are believed neutralized (dead).

I think that applies only to the ones in the concert hall. Police shot two and three others blew themselves up.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Don't recall anyone in the International press saying that when 911 occurred. White male gunmen between the ages of 18 -30 with psych issuse gunning down classrooms and movie theaters full of people in their same socio-religious-economic group... yes, there is a totally different commentary overseas.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
If this was America everyone would be saying what a ruthless violent place it is..

Yeah I could agree with that. You know what scares me even more than organized terror? State sponsored terror.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Death to ISIS!

Death to ISIS!

Death to ISIS!

ISIS is not longer a group! ISIS is the word we use to describe those who perform these attacks!

I don't care about PC. I don't care if I judge to fast. Enough is enough. Something has to be done! And it has to be done now!

All we do is talk .. talk .. talk .. find a reason why these people do this. Always the same spiel "It's an attack on humanity". Let's face it. We are at an endpoint.

You send a signal to anyone who is ISIS that you don't mess with us or face swift extinction!

Wait until they attack Russia...

Death to ISIS!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Death to ISIS. Vive la France. I support whatever actions they take. Protect the people, restore peace, and defend the borders as best as they can. Enough with the PC garbage. We let the disease spread or we stand up and stop this.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

.....says the person who clearly has forgotten the Crusades and various incidences of Christian oppression over the past two millennial. To say one is more violent over the other is ridiculous. Right now one "appears to be more violent than the other" due to the circumstances.

I agree with most of your sentiments about the innocent. And as you wisely concluded, ALL religious zealotry, has the "Us against them in the final battle" ideology built into it. It's that middle part I take issue with...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Death to ISIS!

Death to ISIS!

Death to ISIS!

ISIS is not longer a group! ISIS is the word we use to describe those who perform these attacks!

I don't care about PC. I don't care if I judge to fast. Enough is enough. Something has to be done! And it has to be done now!

All we do is talk .. talk .. talk .. find a reason why these people do this. Always the same spiel "It's an attack on humanity". Let's face it. We are at an endpoint.

You send a signal to anyone who is ISIS that you don't mess with us or face swift extinction!

Wait until they attack Russia...

Death to ISIS!

Thanks for the 911 flashback.

I remember like it was yesterday, coworkers out in the smoke hut on the very same day "let's go kill those Sand Explitive Taliiiii-Baaaaan! I heard Taliban about 6000 times that day and today's ISIS.

You know, if only I didn't have concerns with the official story of 911, I'd probably think and say something to the effect of: "woah, the really do hate us for our freedoms, heavy, let's kill'em".

But alas what good has knee-jerk reactions done for society? In the same vein what good has come from discussing such taboos either?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

For every civilian killed, 10,000 deported. Something politically incorrect like that is needed. What would Putin do?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My prayers go out to the victims and families of these attacks.

I've been looking at various news sources, both online (including ATS) and on TV, for the last few hours.

While I realize this is a conspiracy site, not everything is a conspiracy. There are bad people and bad groups in the world, and they aren't always 'the government' or the Illuminati.

I really wish some more humanity -- and respect -- was shown here when these types of events occur.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I'm not going to open the whole immigrant in Europe issue can of worms, but unfortunately this is the first thing that popped in my head.

But you did anyway, before you know who is responsible.
In actual fact, France has been more concerned about HOME GROWN terrorism, fighting against FRENCH NATIONALS who have been planning attacks. Nothing to do with immigration (or refugees).

For all we know these could be right-wing nationalists.
Lots of people seem to be completely forget all the terrorist acts carried out by WHITE men, events against Jewish people, against Liberals, against nations they think are "weak for letting in Muslims", claim it's a threat to their country when they become the actual threat to their country.

So, what's with all the very selective memories here?
How about we stop with this "terrorist = Muslim" nonsense and accept that terrorism has no religion, only an ideology of sickening slaughter.

We need to move beyond this racial/national/religious bs and start calling psychopaths what they are, just mentally deranged individuals who choose to use any excuse they find convenient to become sickening wastes of skin.

Admire you skepticism Rocker...

But this is done by Muslims.

This brought tears to my eyes Charlie. Just thinking about the backlash people like you might face.

My prayers are with you on this tragic day. I am just kind of numb at the moment.

Stay safe, love ya brother.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm kind of feeling a little uneasy about this. Knee-jerk decisions, legislation and actions are usually taken when these types of things happen...exactly what people in power with an agenda want.

When you control the angles of the surfaces, you can predict where the water flows.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The response will be,

We will not let them win, we will stand tall in the face of terror, as a nation we are strong blah blah blah nothing but empty words this will be just one of a string of attacks I fear that will now be common place in major European cities. It will simply be back to the days of what it was like dealing with the IRA in the UK where everytime I was out there was a bomb scare.

Hearing they where very proficent with the way the attack was carried out I wonder who trained them

On a side note how does France close its borders? apart from the border with the UK where are the check points leading into mainland Europe?..

Thoughts with the innocent familys that now have to deal with this pointless BS..

link   
a reply to: slip2break

Ok let's see here... You just randomly brought up the crusades as a rebuttal to what? I said the CURRENT levels of violence between the two religions are incomparable. Prove me wrong. Go ahead.

You keep trying to propose rebuttals based on false premises and this is another example of a logical fallacy.

link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Tyrion79

Attacks on innocents are what cause the downward spiral, not the response of self defense and preservation. Those are reactions and consequences of these violent people's actions. Don't blame people for fearing others who kill in the name of Islam. It's their right and quite normal in consideration of fear as an evolutionarily created survival mechanism. They kill in the name of Islam. Accept it. The religion allows for this interpretation regardless of the other side of the coin. Sorry, but Christianity is the dominant religion in the western world and the current level of violence is incomparable between the two religions. Not even close so stop playing what ifs. Besides, I don't fear anyone in America because I am allowed to protect myself and I choose to do so. Go walk around Raqqa with your wife and kids if you're so comfortable with Islam. It is a Muslim dominated region and not all of them are bad right? Go ahead and roll the dice if you believe what you're telling yourself. I bet you'd never let children near that area. It's a horrible religion, as all religions are, that will never evolve past this despicable violence.

Wow, are you judging an entire religion, because a few madmen commit acts of terror in it's name?
Do I need to remind you of the Holy Crusades in times past?
This has nothing to do with religion, it's only an excuse for the ones who want to justify murder.
Besides, if you compare the Bible to the Quran, then they're practically similar.
Those books are supposed to be spiritual guidelines, not free passes to justify murder of other religions.
I'm not religious by the way.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Yeah I could agree with that. You know what scares me even more than organized terror? State sponsored terror.

What state sponsored this terror event?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What ISIS really would love to have happen is for the Western governments turn against their Muslim population. Talk about a win.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join