It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Zephyranth

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Necrose

It's possible. There are patterns to the mistakes made.

...such as ?

I am merely remarking upon his statement that it's so easy to distinguish a native speaker from "non-native English speaker"...
Frankly, I would say it's a pretty difficult thing to do in the Age of mobile phones and the utter laziness of plebs all over the world.

The vast majority of Advanced English students would surely be able to mask themselves.

I didn't want to get off-topic though, so...

Absolutely disagree. Language is the one thing that cannot be faked - no Advanced English student will be able to pose as a native English speaker. Only people raised in an English speaking country will pull it off. Even the most fluent, capable English-learner will give many, many tells during the course of even a short conversation. Language is the one, last thing, that cannot be faked.

Guess you've never met or worked with people who make their living off linguistic skills.

Or any number of intelligence fields.

Good point, but after playing games and having conversations with people from all over the world. The non-native english speakers are relatively easy to pick up in normal conversations. Often times, I can tell what english speaking area they are from, based on the slang they use. Don't want to derail the conversation, but he was talking about normal folks.

Meh. He's now extended it to people in the intelligence arena. Yea, the 19 year old first year college student playing xbox probably isn't too likely to fool anybody.

Somebody who makes their living on language? Tad bit different. But I'll concede that I misunderstood him. Though I'll point out, again, he's now included everybody, ever, from every where, in his little made up statement.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: starfoxxx

Damned if they do, damned if they don't......if the gunmen were executing people one at a time, then the police had very little time to act.

That is the thing, one at a time. All those people 1500 versus 2!!
No way they would be taking me out like that.

I believe the people would of caught on and stopped it.

The police just encouraged them to throw a grenade quicker..
edit on 13-11-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zephyranth

The more than likely explanation is that this is because this attack occurred in a French speaking country and the perpetrators are being reported to have originated in yet another non-English speaking region.... and this has a large impact throughout Europe... which is not largely English speaking....

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And the Pope can tell Catholics not to have sex till they're married, but...............
We know leaders lie, the Qu'ran says it's ok to lie to infidels, so why would you believe the Imams?

link   

originally posted by: slip2break

The more than likely explanation is that this is because this attack occurred in a French speaking country and the perpetrators are being reported to have originated in yet another non-English speaking region.... and this has a large impact throughout Europe... which is not largely English speaking....

Except that most are trying to pose as native English speakers, with the overuse of slang etc.

link   

How about Russians - there is some Russian flavor to some of the comments. Just like (as expected) on the Ukraine threads.

ID the national origin of the non-English posters here, and you'll have a very big piece of this puzzle.

No offense to non-native English speakers, btw, I'm impressed at your command of the language; it's just that you aren't passing as native (nor could I, in your tongue).

At least you are consistent in making things up:

1. 20+ Arabs with AK's shooting up Paris
2. 500-1000 injured people but no one dead because no blood has been shown
3. Non-English speakers being plants on ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Pretty sure there were explosions before the assault began.

But hey, enjoy your hindsight.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just an odd little observation, but I notice that French EMS officials are issuing these metallic blankets to everyone, effectively covering up any evidence of wounds, etc.

I could be off on this, but it stuck out.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

How about Russians - there is some Russian flavor to some of the comments. Just like (as expected) on the Ukraine threads.

ID the national origin of the non-English posters here, and you'll have a very big piece of this puzzle.

No offense to non-native English speakers, btw, I'm impressed at your command of the language; it's just that you aren't passing as native (nor could I, in your tongue).

At least you are consistent in making things up:

1. 20+ Arabs with AK's shooting up Paris
2. 500-1000 injured people but no one dead because no blood has been shown
3. Non-English speakers being plants on ATS.

Well...yep, pretty much.

Nazdrovaya.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: slip2break

A link to this PR show might assist in illustrating your point.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Opeth, dude.

Hit the alert button & let the mods handle it if they're getting to you.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm just suggesting, the authorities of Paris did not give people inside enough chance
to get out or rush the shooters before going all ape #.. it just encouraged grenades
being thrown quicker.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Nobody is trying to pose as anything. What does anybody gain from posing as a Brit? Seriously does it hurt being so paranoid?

I say mate cause i like the word. Lmao. Nobody is trying to pose as anything. Way to derail.

You as an American honestly your opinion on anything regarding false flags or immigrants is unwelcome. You are not living it my friend.

All you are doing is spouting BS on everything. You going to tell me the sky is green next?

What is the point of this language tirade..

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes because they knew they were planning on tossing grenades. Yoyr hindsight is bunk.

link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
All those poor people. Not a single person able to protect themselves before being mowed down. The people who planned and support this attack need to cleansed from the earth. The Europeans are going to become more distrustful of the Muslim population. I don't blame them. Things seem to be spiraling down so rapidly and what can an individual do except take the necessary measures to protect themselves. The police can't be everywhere at once and intelligence agencies can only do so much. Ones life should in one's own hands, not a group of psychopaths. Humans are destroying their whole world.

One of the things that create the downwards spiral IS to become "distrustful of Muslims".
You unknowingly(?) feed the spiral through fear and polarisation.
This massacre was done by terrorists and not by Muslims, even if the terrorists happen to be Muslim.
Don't fall into this trap of hating an entire population, because a few commit acts of terror.
If a massacre is commited by a Christian terrorist, would you blame all Christians instead?

link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

I'm just suggesting, the authorities of Paris did not give people inside enough chance
to get out or rush the shooters before going all ape #.. it just encouraged grenades
being thrown quicker.

Right because it's happened so many times in history when criminals and killers hold people hostage with guns or weapons while the victims have none that they rush the shooters..

After how many hostages being killed would it have been okay in your eyes to go in and remove the threat?

link   

edit on 13-11-2015 by Bennogob because: Double post

link   

link   
a reply to: Brett83

Absolutely agree. If this keeps up then Europe will have to make some bold choices and it won't be pretty.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

No metallic blankets in the link below , but yes i seen them on tv. The link has some disturbing images .
www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join