It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

There's no doubt in my mind they did the right thing by entering the building. They had no choice but to. The terrorist were going to kill as many as they could regardless. There was no negotiating with them.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Necrose

It's possible. There are patterns to the mistakes made.

...such as ?

I am merely remarking upon his statement that it's so easy to distinguish a native speaker from "non-native English speaker"...
Frankly, I would say it's a pretty difficult thing to do in the Age of mobile phones and the utter laziness of plebs all over the world.

The vast majority of Advanced English students would surely be able to mask themselves.

I didn't want to get off-topic though, so...

Absolutely disagree. Language is the one thing that cannot be faked - no Advanced English student will be able to pose as a native English speaker. Only people raised in an English speaking country will pull it off. Even the most fluent, capable English-learner will give many, many tells during the course of even a short conversation. Language is the one, last thing, that cannot be faked.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'm pretty sure that is human nature more than being American. We just have more of a reputation for it- post Remember the Maine that is...

Fair enough.

My point was that I just didn't remember any mention in the news about personal attacks against muslims after 911.

I also know that I was in a fog for quite some time after the attacks.....for many different personal reasons.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well when you let millions of undocumented people from nations that are known to these kinds of things what do you expect? I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before something like this happened and you know what it won't be the last.

I have more to say but I'll keep it to myself because I'd don't feel like being called racist and getting modded.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

This is sourced from Calais Action Facebook community page. They just posted a short statement in response to all the false news reports doing the rounds. Just to bring some clarification.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
The victims blood is on Merkel's hands, She should be arrested and charged with treason, she is a lunatic. ~$heopleNation

Last I checked Merkel is German.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zephyranth

...such as ?

I am merely remarking upon his statement that it's so easy to distinguish a native speaker from "non-native English speaker"...
Frankly, I would say it's a pretty difficult thing to do in the Age of mobile phones and the utter laziness of plebs all over the world.

The vast majority of Advanced English students would surely be able to mask themselves.

Absolutely disagree. Language is the one thing that cannot be faked - no Advanced English student will be able to pose as a native English speaker. Only people raised in an English speaking country will pull it off. Even the most fluent, capable English-learner will give many, many tells during the course of even a short conversation. Language is the one, last thing, that cannot be faked.

Guess you've never met or worked with people who make their living off linguistic skills.

Or any number of intelligence fields.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

...such as ?

Guess you've never met or worked with people who make their living off linguistic skills.

No intelligence manager in his/her right mind would deploy a non-native speaker to a theater of genuine importance.

Online forums, sure - but they're failing

You can work all you want - but your skills will only last so far. Short sentences - sure. Translating FROM English to your target language, okay. Posing as a native speaker?

Nevah happen.

Dream all you like!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Leonidas
Parisians are tweeting out invitations to their homes for people who are seeking shelter in the city.

The tweet #potreoeverte (open door)

It is that part of our human nature that needs to be on the news, not just the doom and gloom.

I saw this on the news two hours ago, it's trending.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is interesting. Imam's in Syria ORDERED the Refugees NOT to make attacks against westerners when they got here.

Good. It's not them and asylum for them should continue, while deporting as many of the others as possible, and ASAP.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Tyrion79

originally posted by: cosmickat
Latest report on the fire at Calais refugee camp is it is accidental, electrical and NOT connected to the Paris attacks.

If this is true then it's an excellent example of how quickly the media jumps to conclusions, without checking out the facts.

It's funny when people make statements like this because every time something happens some people here jump to conclusions without checking facts..

its okay though, only the evil media can do that and not the reality that this is a human trait.

You're absolutely right, however in this case the fact that the fires in the refugee camp are even discussed here, is because media started reporting on it and speculating it was an attack.
Or did someone here from Calais witness this and reported it here on this thread instead?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zephyranth

Lol okay chief, whatever makes you feel smart

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All those poor people. Not a single person able to protect themselves before being mowed down. The people who planned and support this attack need to cleansed from the earth. The Europeans are going to become more distrustful of the Muslim population. I don't blame them. Things seem to be spiraling down so rapidly and what can an individual do except take the necessary measures to protect themselves. The police can't be everywhere at once and intelligence agencies can only do so much. Ones life should in one's own hands, not a group of psychopaths. Humans are destroying their whole world.

link   

...such as ?

Good point, but after playing games and having conversations with people from all over the world. The non-native english speakers are relatively easy to pick up in normal conversations. Often times, I can tell what english speaking area they are from, based on the slang they use. Don't want to derail the conversation, but he was talking about normal folks.

link   
I'm so heartbroken hearing about this tonight.. I saw a tweet saying something about a shooting in a restaurant in Paris killing around 13, at first, and thought of shootings in the US. My first thought was "some insane guy, isolated incident".. few minutes later everything's falling apart.

Newest updates:

"At least 153 people were killed in the Paris and Saint-Denis shootings and bombings, French officials said."
"Five suspected attackers have been "neutralized", the Paris prosecutor's office said Saturday, French media reported."
- SOURCE

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This is interesting. Imam's in Syria ORDERED the Refugees NOT to make attacks against westerners when they got here.

Good. It's not them and asylum for them should continue, while deporting as many of the others as possible, and ASAP.

The fact that they had to be "ordered" not to attack Westerners is disturbing in itself. Don't you think?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

...such as ?

Good point, but after playing games and having conversations with people from all over the world. The non-native english speakers are relatively easy to pick up in normal conversations. Often times, I can tell what english speaking area they are from, based on the slang they use. Don't want to derail the conversation, but he was talking about normal folks.

The weird thing is that almost no one in this conversation--nor in the conversations at the other places--are native English speakers.

This tells me that a flood of non-English speakers (Arabic? French? What?) have been dispatched by the various PR firms/intel agencies to cover this topic. Why?

Answer that, and you'll have at least part of the answer to 11/13 (or whatever the hell the trademark will be).

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Are you sick in the head?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How about Russians - there is some Russian flavor to some of the comments. Just like (as expected) on the Ukraine threads.

ID the national origin of the non-English posters here, and you'll have a very big piece of this puzzle.

No offense to non-native English speakers, btw, I'm impressed at your command of the language; it's just that you aren't passing as native (nor could I, in your tongue).

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My thoughts to the people of Paris and France, may the lost rest in peace, and may the injured be blessed with a speedy recovery. Death is a part of life, but some are lost much too soon. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join