It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheBandit795
a reply to: Annee

Women who actually thought he was courageous indeed, suddenly thought it was an insult to name a person "woman of the year" who officially has been a woman for three months.

I don't.

Only those who don't support or choose not to understand transgender ---- don't understand she has been a woman since birth. Trapped in the wrong gender body.

she still wants to be with women,I think this was a case of being a transvestite other that transgender issue and the media did the rest.

So all lesbians aren't really women?

no where in my post did I state that... how did you even get that out of my post?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Women who actually thought he was courageous indeed, suddenly thought it was an insult to name a person "woman of the year" who officially has been a woman for three months.

I don't.

Only those who don't support or choose not to understand transgender ---- don't understand she has been a woman since birth. Trapped in the wrong gender body.

she still wants to be with women,I think this was a case of being a transvestite other that transgender issue and the media did the rest.

A transgender can be any sexual orientation.

Jenner is a m/f woman. Her brain, etc tells her she is a woman --- who is in a physical male gender packaging.

Sexuality and gender are not the same thing. Switching her physical gender does not change her sexual orientation.

If she's always been attracted to women, it's normal that she is still attracted to women.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I don't.

So all lesbians aren't really women?

no where in my post did I state that... how did you even get that out of my post?

You said

she still wants to be with women,I think this was a case of being a transvestite other that transgender

If being attracted to women means she is not a transwoman, wouldn't that mean that women being attracted to women aren't women?

You realize that being transgender has nothing to do with sexual orientation, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Actually, I don’t think Jenner actually had the sexual reassignment operation to become a woman, as of now Jenner is technically still a transvestite, I think not a transsexual.

thank you people are going off about this and don't even understand that he/she is not a woman in that sense,he/she still has men genitalia.She/he may want to dress as one but as of now he's only had breast implants.
and is still attracted to women.
I think there is far more to this story than what the press has said or for that matter what Jenner has said.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Actually, I don’t think Jenner actually had the sexual reassignment operation to become a woman, as of now Jenner is technically still a transvestite, I think not a transsexual.

No. She is transgender.

With or without re-assignment surgery she is still transgender.

As far as I know, she has not yet made a decision on that ---- nor is she required to. It's her personal choice.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

No. She is transgender.

As far as I know, she has not yet made a decision on that ---- nor is she required to. It's her personal choice.

Not to mention, it's none of our damned business what's underneath anybody's skirt or pants.

Nobody else gets asked to describe the condition of their genitals to strangers.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

thank you people are going off about this and don't even understand that he/she is not a woman in that sense,he/she still has men genitalia.She/he may want to dress as one but as of now he's only had breast implants.
I think there is far more to this story than what the press has said or for that matter what Jenner has said.

No, she is a woman. A transgender m/f woman.

Her brain, etc (all that tells us who we are) --- tells her she is a woman (in the wrong gender packaging).

Her sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow! I'm not even sure what to say to all this?

Transvestite, transgender, transsexual? So many labels and words being tossed around and who knows what the definitions mean to those using them because I sure as heck don't know.

Like her or not, how about we show some respect for how this person defines herself. The status of her genitals or her sexual preference is nobody's business but her own.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No. She is transgender.

Not to mention, it's none of our damned business what's underneath anybody's skirt or pants.

Nobody else gets asked to describe the condition of their genitals to strangers.

Absolutely!!!!!!

It's a personal choice. End of story.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Changing gender for publicity.

Good campaign slogan if she runs for POTUS.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

That's odd because my understanding is Ms. Jenner does not support gay marriage.(correct me if I'm wrong)

Most of my trans friends agree that Jenner is not a good role model for a variety of reasons.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

That's odd because my understanding is Ms. Jenner does not support gay marriage.(correct me if I'm wrong)

Most of my trans friends agree that Jenner is not a good role model for a variety of reasons.

She doesn't have to support LGBT issues to be included in LGBT. For example, some lesbian radical feminists are bigoted towards everything in "LGBT" except for "L". People are LGBT if they are one of those four things, regardless of how ignorant or evil the person may be. It is sort of expected to be supportive of all sexual orientations and gender statuses if you happen to fall into one of the categories but not everybody is a saint.

As far as your trans friends go, I agree. She's a terrible role model and spokeswoman. But she's what is there right now.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Wow! I'm not even sure what to say to all this?

Transvestite, transgender, transsexual? So many labels and words being tossed around and who knows what the definitions mean to those using them because I sure as heck don't know.

Like her or not, how about we show some respect for how this person defines herself. The status of her genitals or her sexual preference is nobody's business but her own.

how in heck is anyone to understand if we don't talk about it it's not labels it's words used to communicate to try and grasp the whole concept.are we to walk on egg shells? it's proper terms to describe someone who changes their identity their born with.
get over the politically correct labels.
also the media made our business as to whats under the skirt.how in gods name is anything going to change if it cannot be talked about?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I know about the prenatal hormones and how they determine the gender of a infant. But there is a study that does not support the claim about the difference between a transgender brain and a cisgender brain, but there needs to be more study done on the subject.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Here's some more explanation:

mygenes.co.nz...

However, these brain differences can be explained by preoccupied thinking and imagination alone. Thinking, particularly repeated thinking, changes brain microstructure.

Recently a paper by Savic and Arver ( 2011) has appeared. Their innovation is to take a study group composed only of male-to-female gynephiles (i.e. those attracted sexually to women). Previous male-to-female studies mixed gynephiles and androphiles. The authors found that the brains in their study group were not feminised. There was no evidence for female brains in a male body; the brains were male-typical. This is contrary to many of the previous research studies on mixed groups, but the study is thorough.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I find it odd that someone who identifies as a lesbian does not support gay marriage.

There are much better role models out there for sure. I can only hope Ms. Jenner helps cull some of the transphobia and myths that so many seem to cling to.

I seriously wish I could nominate some of my friends to be a role model in the public eye....but not everyone wants that kind of attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795
I'm sorrry, but I do not think a paper by Neil Whitehead(where he repeatedly cites the Savc/Archer abstract) is enough to contradict what I consider the widely accepted notion that transgender people do indeed have brains wired like the gender they identify with.

If I had time and was in front of a computer(replying via cell), I am sure that I can find scores of studies that indicate the opposite of what you posted.

edit on 18-11-2015 by jrod because: add

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795
Isn't discussing trans etiologies somewhat OT?

I read a study that said that 50% of studies were inaccurate or pure bull. These days, it is super easy to find things online to support any position.

Here are a few pages where you can find tons of additional trans related studies:

Transsexual and Intersex Gender Identity

What causes transsexualism?

The latter includes both hormonal and genetic research.

There are also other theories in addition to the whole brain thing. In spite of all the research and correlations, no one single cause has yet to be discovered or agreed on. My question is why does it matter though?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Genitalia doesn't define someones Gender-Identity, she is a Woman because that is how she was Born, she was assigned the "Male Sex" because a Doctor said so

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No, she is a woman. A transgender m/f woman.

Her brain, etc (all that tells us who we are) --- tells her she is a woman (in the wrong gender packaging).

Her sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

So a person whose brains tell them they are "Tom" "DIck" and "Harry" (as in a schizophrenia) should now be referred to as them, and seek rights and privileges...again I ask where will it all end?

edit on 19-11-2015 by toktaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Again, you can't compare a Trans person, or any other Gender-Identity with someone that has schizophrenia. a Trans person is not Hallucinating their Gender-Identity

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join