It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So you can only be welcomed into the transgender community if you subscribe to every point of their ideology

And the liberal left monster begins eating its own.....

We're seeing this in the LGBT community and on the college campuses

Along w groups like BLM attacking the very political parties that were championing them

The beast they have created will consume them

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I said this earlier in the thread but I guess it needs repeating again. NO group is full of people with EXACTLY the same mentality and desires. No one is "eating their own". Caitlyn Jenner is going to stay the face of transgender media for some time in the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
Well Krazyshot had made the point of "accepting" people for the gender they choose to identify with. And the point I am making is we should not since the same scenario can be used has an escape route for a pedophile. He/She could easily feels like an 8 year old trap in an adult body.

Changing ones gender is not a felony, raping children is.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
a reply to: Annee

I am a man. And I don't buy this political correct nonsense.

That's what I thought.

So far, I've only experienced men on ATS expressing how biological women are insulted by Jenner being Woman of the Year.

And on sites like Breitbart.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well it wont be if one one can change the rules as we so feel. And certainly if one's mindset is as such that they consider themselves a minor then.... Anyone do not veer from the original point I was making, which is, Caitlyn for all sense and purpose is a 'HE" and should be referred to as such.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

No, She is a She because her "Gender-Identity" is Female, her Identified "Sex" is what someone Said when She was Born based off what someone said was "Male/Female". She is a Trans Woman, but a Woman not a Man pretending to be one

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

And on the website of the same magazine who named him "woman of the year"

www.glamourmagazine.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I said this earlier in the thread but I guess it needs repeating again. NO group is full of people with EXACTLY the same mentality and desires. No one is "eating their own". Caitlyn Jenner is going to stay the face of transgender media for some time in the future.

Nobody is eating their own? Interesting , you know this is NOT the first time the LBGT community has spoken out against Caitlyn because of her conservatives leanings right?

This is just the latest

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

What would you call someone who has de la Chapelle syndrome? what would you call someone who is Intersex? what would you call a Man born with a Uterus?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's the same as Heterosexual People speaking out against someone because of their Political leanings. Trans people are People same as any GLBTQ+ Person is a Person What they believe and their ideologies are completely separate form their Sexual-Orientation or their Gender-Identity

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well it wont be if one one can change the rules as we so feel.

Permitting child rape is not a 'rule change', there are numerous codified laws regarding consent and child rape.

And certainly if one's mindset is as such that they consider themselves a minor then...

You can call yourself a rutabaga for all I care, it does not alter your chronological age.

Anyone do not veer from the original point I was making, which is, Caitlyn for all sense and purpose is a 'HE" and should be referred to as such.

I could not care what you or anyone else calls Jenner.

edit on 16-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

It's the same as Heterosexual People speaking out against someone because of their Political leanings. Trans people are People same as any GLBTQ+ Person is a Person What they believe and their ideologies are completely separate form their Sexual-Orientation or their Gender-Identity

So then how can they say she doesn't represent that element when she has clearly gone through the changes itself?

Her political ideology should be of no consequence, she is what she is and has had to endure the same stigmas and inner turmoil to make the change

Her other philosophical ideas should be of no consequence

Again more "you don't think like me so we ostracize you" and they are doing it to their own

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

People have a problem because she was already a "Celebrity" and she came from a "Privileged Position" she is who she is because she is Caitlyn Jenner not because she is a Strong trans Woman.

She has obviously struggled in her life with wanting to live her authentic self and thinking she never could, she is Strong for being open with herself and living her true authentic self... but at the same time she is not facing many of the struggles Trans people face during their Transition and after, many don't have the money or the means to Transition the way she did, and i think a lot of people want a truer representation of the Trans Struggle.

She is far from being Ostracized just because her political beliefs

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Isn't that counter intuitive? I would think there is no such thing as being a "weak" trans woman considering everything that comes w it

Again it would seem to me that they are hating on her more for her political beliefs than anything , this is the 3rd time that I know of that people have been vocal against her and it always goes back to her political ideals instead of the one thing they have in common, which SHOULD supersede any political or social standpoints

All trans have to struggle w the stigmas and internal termoil involved with that change

Again I see this as more petty bickering because she doesn't conform to their idea of how she should be.

Much like how the liberal left slams in blacks who are conservative

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's like Obama winning the Nobel Prize. Some people were like...what the f*ck?!

Man, woman, lesbian, gay, trans...what have you...it's not an issue as long as we treat each other the same...like human beings.

Respect.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

one should be a woman for at least a year to qualify for "woman of the year"?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

People got upset when she said she wasn't for Same-Sex Marriage, but has recently changed Her mind, trust me people are more concerned with her "Privileged Celebrity" than her political belief.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

one should be a woman for at least a year to qualify for "woman of the year"?

Jenner has been a woman from birth.

Understanding herself and having the courage at 65 to go with it - - she deserves Woman of the Year.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Isn't that counter intuitive? I would think there is no such thing as being a "weak" trans woman considering everything that comes w it

Again it would seem to me that they are hating on her more for her political beliefs than anything , this is the 3rd time that I know of that people have been vocal against her and it always goes back to her political ideals instead of the one thing they have in common, which SHOULD supersede any political or social standpoints

All trans have to struggle w the stigmas and internal termoil involved with that change

Again I see this as more petty bickering because she doesn't conform to their idea of how she should be.

Much like how the liberal left slams in blacks who are conservative

They are not denying her inclusion into what some call the "transgender community", they just don't want to be represented by her as a spokesperson. There is a difference. There are many right-wing transgender people since the cause of it doesn't care what political affiliation you are.

It's like if you were in an NRA club and another member is extremely racist. You fully accept that he is an NRA member and wouldn't rob him of that but would you want him being the spokesperson of your NRA chapter?

Bottom line, there are faaaaar more respectable transpeople who could be the face of the issue and that is why people are upset. Scientists, ex-Navy Seals, professors, artists, etc. So many to choose from yet the media chooses a reality tv star who nobody like to begin with as the spokeswoman. Wouldn't that annoy you?

Still, I think protesting her is the wrong move since she's what there is right now. Until somebody gets focused on enough to replace her, she is how most ignorant people are getting educated on transgender people. It's better than nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well it wont be if one one can change the rules as we so feel. And certainly if one's mindset is as such that they consider themselves a minor then.... Anyone do not veer from the original point I was making, which is, Caitlyn for all sense and purpose is a 'HE" and should be referred to as such.

New science trumps your opinion. end of story. Feelings dont even play into it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join