It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Anyone Tell me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A Link to info on how Uri Geller moved those spoons with his mind? He told on the radio and I can't find in anywhere. Much love.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As far as I know, and from what I read...he didn't bend spoons with his mind, he used his fingers.

Links

"If Uri Geller bends spoons with divine powers, then he's doing it the hard way."
--James Randi

skepdic.com...

"The Spoon Bend

A conjuror can create the appearance of a spoon bending while it is gently stroked. A momentary misdirection by the conjuror, such as moving position to show the spoon to other people, allows the conjuror to bend the spoon physically. He or she can then disguise the bend with a hand and slowly reveal it at the appropriate moment. The effect is so convincing to most observers that they believe the spoon is bending before their eyes. There are many ways by which an observer can be misdirected. For instance, when Geller performs metal bending, he often moves the item toward other metallic objects in the room, which he claims enhances the effect. He also frequently fails in his initial attempts to bend the metal but returns to the object a short time later (after trying other psychic effects) and achieves the bend. This again provides the opportunity for misdirection.

An alternative nonpsychic technique, which often causes the spoon to break, requires the conjuror or an accomplice to have prior access to the cutlery. The conjuror or another individual prestresses the spoon by carefully bending it back and forth until it reaches the point of breakage. The stress point is not readily visible. The conjuror then picks this item apparently at random and subjects it to gentle rubbing, causing "plasticity" followed by complete fracture. Prior to some of his television appearances, Geller has been known to have had access to the cutlery that he later broke in front of the cameras. Some critics have accused Geller of using chemicals on his hands to soften the metal, but since there is no such chemical that could be used safely, this explanation can be discounted."

www.simon-jones.org.uk...

URI GELLER CAUGHT RED-HANDED!
For the first time, a film clearly shows the famous spoon-bender using trickery

www.sisyfos.cz...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarchy23
A Link to info on how Uri Geller moved those spoons with his mind? He told on the radio and I can't find in anywhere. Much love.

Telekinesis is a Gift of the Spirit. It comes from groups of astrally combined discarnates who generate the energy to move and bend matter. The large discarnate collectives or large Group Entities have the ability to actually create matter in small ways, e.g., food, jewelry, etc. That is how prophets like Issa and Sai Baba have been able to manifest their miracles of healing, telekinesis and the creation of food. Large Group Entities are the source of the power behind all the religious miracles that have occurred through the centuries. However, the very nature of a Gift of the Spirit entails that the source of the ability does not stem from the brain or the body -- and therefore is not completely reliable.

In 1992, I had the opportunity to spend an afternoon with the metaphysical author and UFO researcher (who directed Project Starlight in the American southwest in the 1970s), Ray Stanford. He knew Uri Geller personally and they traveled together on a number of occasions. In addition to confirming to me that Sai Baba was not a spiritual person but that he "received his Gifts from entities on the lower plane," I also learned that when Uri's telekinetic Gift wasn't there for him and he was expected to perform in front of a group of people, that he would occasionally use a device up his sleeve to fake it. Does that make him a fraud? No. It just adds evidence to the notion that Gifts of the Spirit are not always reliable because they do not come from within.

Uri Geller, along with Matthew Manning, were tested extensively under laboratory conditions in June, 1974. The independent study concluded that Geller's telekinetic ability was genuine.

new topics

join