It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is falling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Heads up!

A mysterious object is headed for a fiery collision with Earth on Friday, but scientists say there's nothing to fear.

Astronomers who've spotted the object streaking through space say it's too light to be a space rock. They think it's probably the abandoned upper stage from a man-made rocket finally coming home.

Observers spotted the object, tagged WT1190F, on October 3, ESA said. According to the agency, they then realized it had been spotted before, in 2013, by the Catalina Sky Survey at the University of Arizona.

edition.cnn.com...

So, the object dubbed "WTF" is falling down

There are also conspiracy theories about it actually being something else, not just space junk:

edit on 13/11/2015 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

Yahoo Finance says there are confirmed photos of it reentering the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The ISS is giving birth.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
There was a Harvard paper from 2003 about an anomalous object in heliocentric orbit doing a flyby by earth. Probability being rock, space debris (booster) or alien probe. Statistically, it was determined alien probe most likely but not provable. In my car so can't find and link it. Could be a return in which case increases probability of booster.

I think the objects flyby was 93 but research paper was 01 or 03. In case some one tries to look.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What is it with members wanting to hide their username and other text lately?

On topic: Probably just more space junk we put up there. We're not content with just making a mess on the planet, you know. If earth were a house in a suburban neighborhood, our neighbors would be calling the police because of our trashy yard, and the stench. If it is "something else", what would that be?

Btw, your link isn't working...

edit on 11/13/2015 by Klassified because: btw

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well how in the world could it be an alien probe? I mean come on. It burned up in the atmosphere. I would think our alien friends would be smarter than that right?

Kinda scary thinking about how much of our own "junk" is up there, waiting to come crashing down at any time.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just noticed this on falling hollow thingy WTF 0911 on Friday 13th on youtube . Due to touch down in Sri Lanka at 0119 SL Time. I was having a chuckle at the youtube comments .. Peace.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13 11 2015 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well how in the world could it be an alien probe? I mean come on. It burned up in the atmosphere. I would think our alien friends would be smarter than that right?

Kinda scary thinking about how much of our own "junk" is up there, waiting to come crashing down at any time.

Not saying it's an alien probe... but if it were... the "Smart" thing to do if you wanted it to remain hidden, WOULD be to have it burn up in the atmosphere after the mission was complete.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
What is it with members wanting to hide their username and other text lately?

Btw, your link isn't working...

Lately? I have had this picture and profile layout since 2011.

And I edited the Link.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
Ok. Possible.

But wouldn't they make it come back to them? Wouldn't that make the most sense?

Well, they probably wouldn't need to, come to think of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There's allot of debris coming down lately , like that hydrazine tank that came down in Spain. Maybe more parts of the same rocket are finally falling to Earth.

I say ,lets wear helmets the upcoming time..

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Mental note to self for when I become king of the world:

Do not suggest sending all of our garbage out into space to save the planet... it may come raining back down on us at some point.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
1:19 AM EST. How synchronous.

More space junk they say? How irreverent.

Notice the former astronaut's reference to using the word "Karma".

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

London Bridge or Humpty Dumpty, take your pick, both are falling down.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Dear Planet,

It is apparent that the depleted ozone layer is causing an increase in space-junk to make fiery entries into the atmosphere and subsequently crashing to earth - we have determined that the vast majority of this falling space-junk it will hit schools - with children.

Therefore we are left with no choice but to introduce a space-junk tax because melting icecaps and the childrens safety.

With this tax, we will form a committee to talk about what to do, and shall avoid blaming the agencies who put the junk in space in the first place because then they would have to pay, and they won't, so the planets people will.

Again.

Yours Sincerely,
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's a communist plot!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

The aliens want us to believe the junk burnt up. It probably got close to the surface and swooped away! or not...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Dear Planet,

It is apparent that the depleted ozone layer is causing an increase in space-junk to make fiery entries into the atmosphere and subsequently crashing to earth - we have determined that the vast majority of this falling space-junk it will hit schools - with children.

Therefore we are left with no choice but to introduce a space-junk tax because melting icecaps and the childrens safety.

With this tax, we will form a committee to talk about what to do, and shall avoid blaming the agencies who put the junk in space in the first place because then they would have to pay, and they won't, so the planets people will.

Again.

Yours Sincerely,
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs

OMG! Dont give them anymore ideas.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This comes at the same time as the Taurid Meteor Shower, in which sights of falling fireballs are not uncommon...

Or maybe a CubeSat went wrong? There was a CubeSat deployment a week ago.

But my gut feeling tells me that this thing is not from Earth.

edit on 13-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Earth Aid.

Maybe it's the Golden Talisman from Shiva. It did touchdown in India....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join