It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapidly Melting Glacier Will Raise Sea Levels 'For Decades To Come'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418
There is nothing natural to the spike of CO2 we are observing that just so happens to correlate with the industrial age and humanity's addiction to burning fossil fuels for energy.(which is a major source of CO2 in the atmosphere.

You clearly have also ignored soficrow's posts on the Maldives, another strong indicator that the sea is indeed rising.

It is as if you are using the disinfo playbook by ignoring relevant information and creating your own narrative or version of the truth.

As I posted before, I was extremely skeptical of the sea level rise being significant, however my real world observations made me second guess my initial skepticism and do some research. Maybe if you were able to step away from the computer, go outside, and perhaps do a little traveling you too may be enlightened by the apparent impact a rising ocean is already causing.

PS,

Just because you claim to use logic, science, and good math does not make it so. I read that the same way I read someone who tells me 'I'm going to be honest with you....'
edit on 20-11-2015 by jrod because: anagram

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: tanka418
You clearly have also ignored soficrow's posts on the Maldives, another strong indicator that the sea is indeed rising.

No, I'm not ignoring Softcrow's posts; I just don't attribute quite the same significance to rather mundane data..

It is as if you are using the disinfo playbook by ignoring relevant information and creating your own narrative or version of the truth.

And just what relevant data would that be? In lieu of specific data my only recourse is to use published "means" as my starting point.

Just because you claim to use logic, science, and good math does not make it so. I read that the same way I read someone who tells me 'I'm going to be honest with you....'

Actually...by using logic, science, and proper math; I have a significantly enhanced probability of understanding this, than say...you.

Something you should understand about science and data analytics, it's all about the data and what it supports. So far, you, nor indeed any one else, has shown enough data to support your hypothesis.

In layman's terms; the data better supports the natural phenomena hypothesis than it does a "man-made" one.

And, speaking as an engineer; all the over-blown alarm is far more harmful than a more calm, logical, scientific approach. Reacting to all of the "doom" will cause more damage than doing nothing.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join