It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you own a grenade launcher in the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
40mm grenades will cost you $200 each for the federal permit.
and that is on top of the cost just to buy each grenade if you can find them.

In 37mm you can buy bird scare/ship to close warning rounds.
exotic-firearms.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes Americans can own grenade launchers, cannons, flame throwers, machine-guns, hand grenades and even tanks. An individual who may wish to own one of the fore mentioned weapons or all merely has to fill out an ATF form for a license and pay the tax [$400] to own such weaponry. Even silencers are legal in the U.S.. You Tube has some video of guys firing a 75mm cannon at junk cars. Check it out. May I inject at this point that I know of no individual who has used such weaponry illegally in the U.S. That's not say it can't or won't happen as matter of fact it probably will happen after some pathological government intel agent reads this post.

The 2nd Amendment in our Bill of Rights clearly states that the people have the right keep and bear arms…period. Tyrants hate the 2nd Amendment for obvious reasons. Admiral Yamomoto of the Japanese Imperial Navy refused the proposal by the Japanese Imperial High Command to attack America's west coast cities after the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Why? The following quote states his reason, "…there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass…"

"A revolt is necessary every twenty-five years to fertilize the Tree of Liberty with the blood of tyrants and patriots."
Thomas Jefferson

reply to: CX

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
so the answer is yes. we can own whatever we want. with deep enough pockets

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: koder
so the answer is yes. we can own whatever we want. with deep enough pockets

No we can't ... the 1986 Hughes Amendment made it so that the average Joe cannot own a fully-automatic or select-fire "machine gun" that was made after September 1986. Any such firearms manufactured before then had to be registered and a $400 tax stamp purchased for it.

So, unless you are a licensed gunsmith or dealer or police department, you cannot own anything that fires more than one bullet per activation of the trigger that was manufactured after September 1986 ... No H&K 416, no MP7, etc. Neither can you own anything manufactured beforethe cut-off date that was not registered into the Federal database.

...As a result of the Hughes Amendment (which was an illegal vote by the way, since the time for voting had run out some 15-20mins before they actually recorded the vote, so technically it should not have been allowed), the prices for fully-automatic or select-fire "machine-guns" has continued to increase, putting them beyond the financial reach for most gun owners except the rich (isn't that always the case!).

A full-auto M16 now costs upwards of $20k for a beaten up model and substantially more for one in good condition.

Even a tiny piece of serial numbered metal which enabled a semi-auto AR-15 to fire fully-automatic - known as a "lightning link" - now cost over $10k alone!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Why pray tell would you want one for? Why don't you just get a cat?

Because you can't launch grenades from a cat.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Lol off topic, but i remember when we first got them at SOI, I was always scared #less that it was going to fire off while loading :/

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKillthats absolutley trus i had a chinese made ak type rifle before the ban and sold it aafter the ban for 4 times what i paid for it i paid 250 and made almost 780 in profit when i sold it after the ban an no it wasn't select fire it was semi auto only

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Why pray tell would you want one for? Why don't you just get a cat?

Because you can't launch grenades from a cat.

But you could launch a cat from the grenade launcher.

Umm wounder if you need a ATF form for a cat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join