It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you defend bringing a child into the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I can promise you my children come first and they won't be raised to be pawns in the system.

Do they have social security numbers? Birth certificates? Live in some recognized 'border' of a 'state'? Are they bound by 'laws' drawn up by some 'authority'?

They are already pawns, I hate to break it to you.

The whole planet thinks government is necessary. Therein lies all of our problems. Everyone is brainwashed since the moment they are born that this is all necessary for their own good.

HORSE #.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Can you defend bringing a child into the world?

I don't need to.
Ask any of my 5 children and they would all tell you that they wouldn't miss this ride for all the antisemites on the internet! *__-
That is all the 'defense' that I need!
The proof is in the pudding.
Of course, they are not terrorists, nor criminals.
They are what is 'right' with the world, the 'lights' that are needed, and raising their own children in the Light!!
It is what we do, have and raise(?) kids!
It is primary program, hardwired, all else is either in support of 'family', or secondary.
There are 'spikes' on the graph, of course, but nothing of any statistical importance.
There is an occasional 'good' parent in the mix, but it is still hardwired, and evolution culls the scum from the gene-pool.
Or a terrorist.
Or a cop...

edit on 14-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Without children, humanity would go extinct.

That implies that I'm a slave.

No, it doesn't imply you are a slave. It's just a simple statement that if procreation stopped, humans would go extinct. If you don't wish to contribute to the propagation of the species, no problem. There are enough people in the world and if everyone were having children, it could be problematic.

If you hold no hope for humanity and see the world in such a bleak way, then I support your decision to not have children. As for myself, I have a more positive attitude about our future as a species so I feel no guilt in having a daughter. The problem with the world is negativity (and maybe I'll make a new thread to delve into that subject). This negativity contributes to the world's problems and I dare say that if you were to have a child, you'd pass your negativity on to your offspring.

Some hope that their child will solve the world's problems - to be parents of the world's savior as it were. It may end up, however, that it wasn't the child that was born who saves the world, but rather the child that was never created. So, I applaud your decision, because by not procreating and spreading your negativity further, you just may be saving humanity. A noble sacrifice, indeed.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There's too many hugs and kisses I need to hand out before I peter out and I'm sure to go before this beautiful little blue dot.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I remember feeling this way whilst pregnant in 1990, when the Gulf War was happening, crying to my husband that I didn't think I wanted our child to grow up in this messed up world.

Now my son is 25 and he has a good life and is fine, and I wouldn't have given up the joy of being a mother for anything.

Yes the world is messed up but we adapt, its human nature, a child born now will know how to live and cope with whatever life throws at him or her, just like our ancestors did during their messed up world time.

Hey it's your choice but really don't deny yourself the joy of bringing a life to the world, it sounds like you'd be a good parent because you're already concerned about your the future of your offspring.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Apparently people without kids live happier lives:

However, according to one of the biggest studies ever conducted into Britain’s relationships, childless couples have happier marriages.

The project has found that people without children are more satisfied with their relationships and more likely to feel valued by their partner than couples with children.

The study, by the Open University, involved interviews and surveys with more than 5,000 people of all ages, statuses and sexual orientations.

When people were asked to rate the quality of their relationship those without children emerged as happier overall.

Telegraph

I don't have any kids -- and most of my friends do. I can honestly say this is kind of true. My friends certainly try to foribly convince everyone in the world they are the happiest person in the universe. I see constant twitter, instagram and facebook posts about their kids every time they move. Ever time they eat something, we all have to hear about it. Every single day *something* unremarkable (but insanely amazing, cute, adorable, and value-adding to their lives) happens and is shared.

The fact that my friends with children have to try so hard to convince everyone around them that they're happy is suspect. Why do you have to prove how much happier you are with kids? Why? Could it be that you're really miserable but it's not appropriate to say how tired, stressed, frustrated, financially strapped you are? Is it because you can't just say, "Sometimes I regret having a kid, OK?!"

I'm sure there are amazing parts of being a parent -- I know there are several reasons why *I* would want a kid. I think it would be neat to be able to go through being a kid all over again, but from an adult perspective.

I think for most of human history, however, having kids was something that was needed -- and not something that people chose do to, so being "happier" with kids wasn't something that nature was concerned with providing us.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I wanted a child for a very long time, but when i understood.. I couldnt bare myself to give life to something that will never be free..

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Without life they cannot expereince life in this world and cannot live out the expereinces they have probably planned before they were born.

The prince of today is the pauper of tomorrow and even those who come into this world to live the life of a pauper have to have the opportunity to life that life.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: higherconscience

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I can promise you my children come first and they won't be raised to be pawns in the system.

Do they have social security numbers? Birth certificates? Live in some recognized 'border' of a 'state'? Are they bound by 'laws' drawn up by some 'authority'?

They are already pawns, I hate to break it to you.

The whole planet thinks government is necessary. Therein lies all of our problems. Everyone is brainwashed since the moment they are born that this is all necessary for their own good.

HORSE #.

If you want to move to Somalia and experience life without a government, go right on ahead. Chances are, someone will steal everything you try to build for yourself. That is, unless you ally with other people -- and then you have a little group of people, and eventually a hierarchy will form.

Governments are a natural thing humans form in order to survive.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Life has been risky since the first cell divided. And it always will be. Even if we create a safe peaceful utopia on this Earth, a comet could hit us, or climate change or cosmic rays could kill us. Living is a risky proposition. But the meaning of life is to LIVE. I asked a good friend of mine, who happens to be native American and very spiritual and philosophical, the same question many years ago, because like you I was in the "world's going to hell" camp. I was feeling guilty for bringing my daughter into this world. But he told me, "maybe she will make it a better place". It's our responsibility, if we decide to have kids, to try to raise them to make the world better, at least in their sphere of influence.
edit on 15-11-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Most people will spend 40% of their life working a crappy job in order to just survive, 10 years spent getting trained to be the good little worker bee you're supposed to become, another 7 to 8 hours a day sleeping and only a couple of hours a day actually getting to do what they really enjoy providing they're not so drained from their job they have the energy to do it.

I'm sorry but that is not living and while that is the status quo I will NEVER bring a life into this world of servitude

But if you're content to delude yourself that it's great to have kids then go for it
edit on 15/11/15 by Discotech because: stuff

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I agree with you there as I will never bother to have kids since you cant trust most women these days to not bring the #ed up laws and courts down on you so she can check out with cash,prizes, and the kids.

That and I don't bother chasing money to any degree more than what I need and we all know that you get to breed with crazy cause hypergamy and the crazy ones might let you slide on the no money or assets thing. Waste of time it is.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I respect my forefathers decision to live, to keep on "keeping on". Without them we would not be here. Without them enduring the real struggles for survival, you could not sit here and bitch about how bad it is.

Your family struggle and blood line that has directly affected you will end with you. Even if you have siblings with children, their fight will continue and maintain your family bloodline, but your story will end with you.

I personally feel that you are doing your ancestors a great disservice by not carrying on your bloodline. This is my opinion, but the sacrifices bestowed by our ancestors just to keep living is worth me trying to kee my family heritage alive.

I have said this before and even made a thread about it a long time ago. Many people get offended by my belief on this matter. But that is fine.

Just think if your ancestors thought about the future such as you do. They had the real struggles.

edit on 15-11-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I would have wrote an article just like yours myself before now as I would have to agree. I have no children and do not intend to have them.

Let's be honest most parents that have children do it as an investment on their own behalf, even if they would say they do not see it as such. Soon as parents age to the point they need help the first person they make feel guilty to take care of them are their children. This has happened for many generations and for many reasons, this being one of the big ones. Sometimes due to certain parents not achieving what they wished they would have achieved and thus having children to only put them through the hell of trying to live the dreams they failed. Plus I would deem having a child these days as child abuse considering its life on a percentage wise wouldn't be even short of a good life, more of a struggle. If this is a world you would think any child would have to come into with good intentions to lead it into a life that most parents would otherwise leave them defenseless, I would have to agree. That to have a child as a good gesture surely isn't so, more of a self indulgent belief that it'll make the parents lives better....

Sad fact....

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I do not need a 'government' to survive, and neither does anyone else. Those who think they do, are conditioned to believe that.

You imply that without 'government' there would be chaos. This is one of the most widely used excuses, and I will admit that it works pretty well since most are far too brainwashed to think otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying in any way shape or form that I'm 'above' anyone else... we are ALL brainwashed since day one. It's easy for some to see it, harder for others. Personally it has been a long hard road. I hope that everyone can shake the trance they are in, but it doesn't look good.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: higherconscience

Great, so break this down. Make a thread on it. I'll join in. Let's see how your ideal of anarchy could possibly work in the modern world. Let's see how you handle even simple disputes. I can't wait to poke holes in this thread.

Go for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The world isn't inherently evil but appears so because we allow a few bad wolves to control us. Instead of immersing ourselves in their darkness, we should shine bright, so others too can see the light.

Life is a terrible fight between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed".

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: williepete32
"And as the snake is drowned and I look in your eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died I will die that's alright I don't mind"

Look into the eyes of your own child and then you will understand why people do it...it's the closest you will ever be to something so pure and innocent.... you may as well be looking into the eyes of God

If you are going to quote Tool (specifically H.), shouldn't you at least reference them?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I respect my forefathers decision to live, to keep on "keeping on". Without them we would not be here. Without them enduring the real struggles for survival, you could not sit here and bitch about how bad it is.

Your family struggle and blood line that has directly affected you will end with you. Even if you have siblings with children, their fight will continue and maintain your family bloodline, but your story will end with you.

I personally feel that you are doing your ancestors a great disservice by not carrying on your bloodline. This is my opinion, but the sacrifices bestowed by our ancestors just to keep living is worth me trying to kee my family heritage alive.

I have said this before and even made a thread about it a long time ago. Many people get offended by my belief on this matter. But that is fine.

Just think if your ancestors thought about the future such as you do. They had the real struggles.

I like your sentiment and you are spot-on in your argument except for one flaw - the fact that if we weren't born, we wouldn't give a hoot about not having been born. It's really a what if? that doesn't matter in the slightest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join