It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First genetically modified humans could exist within two years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think it's obvious world changing technologies are about to hit the scene in a big way. Machine Intelligence, nanotechnology, 3D Printing, Virtual/augmented reality, quantum computing, gene editing and more.

If we reach the day when we can modify our genes the same way we go into a cPanel and edit a website, things will get very interesting. We can make humans with glow in the dark heads.

Here's more:

Biotech company Editas Medicine is planning to start human trials to genetically edit genes and reverse blindness

Humans who have had their DNA genetically modified could exist within two years after a private biotech company announced plans to start the first trials into a ground-breaking new technique.

Editas Medicine, which is based in the US, said it plans to become the first lab in the world to ‘genetically edit’ the DNA of patients suffering from a genetic condition – in this case the blinding disorder ‘leber congenital amaurosis’.

The disorder prevents normal function of the retina; the light-sensitive layer of cells at the back of the eye. It appears at birth or in the first months of life and eventually sufferers can go completely blind.

The rare inherited disease is caused by defects in a gene which instructs the creation of a protein that is essential to vision.
But scientists at Editas Medicine in the US believe they can fix the mutated DNA using the ground-breaking gene-editing technology Crispr.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This would be great if they could reverse blindness. I have posted a few articles about CRISPR and it seems like the holy grail of gene editing because it's so easy and efficient. Like I said, if we can easily edit the genes of any organism, the sky could be the limit.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

We are already genetically modified humans. The extra-terrestrials did the gene splicing a long long time ago. We are all a big science experiment.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

OMG Deus Ex is becoming a reality...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
How much does someone want to bet genetically modified humans walk among us already? I wouldn't be surprised if private companies, or wealthy individuals have hired teams of scientists to carry out genetic work in secret.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Adobe Avatar CC 11 you'll be able to design a body, then send it to your home's 3D printer for consciousness uploading.

Something along those lines

I can't wait.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Will future GMO humans protest against organics?...lol

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Interesting, been wondering lately what happened with all the claimed human clones born and how they may be doing if having survived. Gene manipulation may be more stable in the long run if clones didn't make it.

On one hand there's the absolute positives that it will benefit people. On the other hand it will turn out to be unfair for those who can't afford it for their future children, leaving many at a disadvantage. Let alone what if it causes other problems not anticipated for those who had the manipulation.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
to late the uk are already doing this first genetically modified baby

sorry america but your not always first

i only wonder what else they can cure but is still surpressed or hidden.
edit on 13-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The tech is here, the research is advanced "enough". It's the peak of the times, the holy grail!

Let's be real, NONE of this tech is new. We cloned something in the 90's (Dolly).

The only reason human/computer integration isn't pursued actively is (in my humble opinion) the fault of religion.

Billions of people indoctrinated to believe technology is bad, something to fear.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SpookyM

that's the same conspiracy i have, the garden of Eden was really a laboratory where the ET created the first two humans in The Experiment. and i thought about The Experiment being the ET's testing the code to see if we would be able to adapt to anything and soon find our own ways to modify ourselves to create a perfected version of us

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I am willing to bet in some secret lab in North Korea China or even Russia the deed is already done
Yao Ming: the basketball giant made in China by order of the state
www.smh.com.au...

That was decades ago I think they upped their skills since then.
I could add the good ol US of A to the list but there would be hell to pay if the secret got out.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
And so begins the eugenics wars...only 20(ish) years late...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!

Awesome if it is just used to correct problems though.
edit on 13/11/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpookyM

We are already genetically modified humans. The extra-terrestrials did the gene splicing a long long time ago. We are all a big science experiment.

All of the evidence points to us evolving here on earth like every other species.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

humans with glow in the dark heads.

This could be turn into some hype , like tattoos and piercings , well I would know that some would see other parts glow in the dark for them..

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm all for it, but don't compare it to a cPanel. I can't stand control panels and definitely not the two big paid ones c and plesk. Configure it raw else suffer inevitable consequences down the line.
edit on 13-11-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think it is naive not to think they are already doing so.
Darpa claims they want to work on it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Glow in the dark heads. It would be a good start.

I heard a rumor that someone cloned a spiritual prophet back in '74. Could be a hoax though.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

I read that book.
I think it was fiction however ...
www.amazon.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whar if thats the big secret..the super rich are already just off doing dues ex tricks somewhere like mad for the hell of us.

Laugh at us without the super abilities tech. Ha

new topics

top topics

join