It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Rubio may be playing well, but I notice he's still very, very far behind. He's vying with Cruz for the position of mop up points if/when Trump and/or Carson fade, and it's a gamble if those numbers crystallize in either of those two camps.

From what I hear, those who support Trump and Carson are more likely to fall back to Cruz than Rubio. Rubio is more likely to gain from the other establishments. I'm not sure that paltry support from a pack of candidates who refuse to quit will add up to enough to pull Rubio over the line, and I don't know how long Cruz can manage to play catbird.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think it is fun to watch the RNC panic. If the career politicians had done their jobs correctly this situation with Donald, Ben, and Karly would not have existed. Now the three outsiders have a very good chance of upsetting the establishment. IMO we need a POTUS that is NOT a career politician. Anyone of these three would make a good POTUS because of there backgrounds. However, I think Ben would struggle a bit because of his lack of business skills. We need a person with a business background to turn this country around. We sure as hell do not need another 4 years of Democratic rule and ideas. IMO right now I see a Republican run away election next year.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Establishment GOP should be panicked. Between Trump, Carson, Cruz and Rand Paul, they have close to 75% of the poll numbers right now. The current GOP has turned into Lap Dogs of the President rather than the Opposituon. Name me one thing the Combined House and Senate have done to advance the Republican party? If not for the Tea Party, the GOP would have ZERO victories during the Obama administration. I am conservative and have been ashamed by the GOP establishment.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Have no fear. As of now the word in certain GOP circles is that the party is working to pull some shenanigans with the delegates, no matter whom gets nominated.

Jeb is their guy and they don't care what the GOP minions think.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Time for a GOP Panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

Less than three months before the kickoff Iowa caucuses, there is growing anxiety bordering on panic among Republican elites about the dominance and durability of Donald Trump and Ben Carson and widespread bewilderment over how to defeat them.

Party leaders and donors fear that nominating either man would have negative ramifications for the GOP ticket up and down the ballot, virtually ensuring a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidency and increasing the odds that the Senate falls into Democratic hands.

The party establishment is paralyzed. Big money is still on the sidelines. No consensus alternative to the outsiders has emerged from the pack of governors and senators running, and there is disagreement about how to prosecute the case against them. Recent focus groups of Trump supporters in Iowa and New Hampshire commissioned by rival campaigns revealed no silver bullet...

...According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney — despite his insistence that he will not run again. Friends have mapped out a strategy for a late entry to pick up delegates and vie for the nomination in a convention fight, according to the Republicans who were briefed on the talks, though Romney has shown no indication of reviving his interest.

For months, the GOP professional class assumed Trump and Carson would fizzle with time. Voters would get serious, the thinking went, after seeing the outsiders share a stage with more experienced politicians at the first debate. Or when summer turned to fall, kids went back to school and parents had time to assess the candidates. Or after the second, third or fourth debates, certainly.

None of that happened, of course, leaving establishment figures disoriented.

So there is talk of drafting Romney into the race. Um....not sure. But, for certain, this isn't anywhere near the same political climate as 2012 so maybe he has a chance.

If they draft Romney, Clinton will win by a higher margin than if she ran against Trump. Even though Clinton has way more flaws, all that people will remember is the Romney gaffs from last time around.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Have no fear. As of now the word in certain GOP circles is that the party is working to pull some shenanigans with the delegates, no matter whom gets nominated.

The Conservative Treehouse CTH Splitter Strategy has an in depth analysis on that strategy. They've coined certain candidates as splitter candidates who are really in the race to help Jeb win. The GOP changed some delegate rules that would favor Jeb.

Outsiders are Trump, Cruz, Carson, and Paul

Establishment is Bush, Rubio, Graham, Fiorina, Christie, Jindal.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatmakesyouright
I was with you until you mentioned Hillary.

Funny thing is, I don't know anyone in my real life, outside of virtual world, that wants Clinton for President. But I do know people who want Trump, I know people who want Carson, and I know people who want Sanders.

Yes, but those "real people" don't get to decide. The Electoral college does. And they already decided. Hillary is going to be the next president. (providing she isn't arrested first)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: introvert

The Conservative Treehouse CTH Splitter Strategy has an in depth analysis on that strategy. They've coined certain candidates as splitter candidates who are really in the race to help Jeb win. The GOP changed some delegate rules that would favor Jeb.

Outsiders are Trump, Cruz, Carson, and Paul

Establishment is Bush, Rubio, Graham, Fiorina, Christie, Jindal.

Exactly. What this means is that the GOP is prepared to give the finger to it's faithful and push the guy they want.....votes be damned.

That should tell us a lot.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's shaping up to look like both parties are going to further disenfranchise their voter bases by pushing dynastic candidates!

We're going to end up with a Bush vs. Clinton race, aren't we?

And maybe...just maybe the public (in both parties) will see that they aren't being represented or listened to, no matter how much they vote, protest, picket, write-in or call.

When are people going to realize they've been disenfranchised for a very, very long time?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My 14 year-old has labeled the GOP debates "The Trump Show" -- this from a kid whose grown up with fake reality TV. Honestly, he cringes at the thought of Trump winning the nomination. Not that I blame him in the least. But it does make one wonder what the heck the conservative base is thinking when it considers Trump as a viable candidate for the presidency.

Carson on the other hand, comes across as a really nice guy. Someone you wouldn't have a problem sharing a drink with at a dinner party or backyard barbeque. Thing is he seems to be suffering from a touch of Brian Williams Syndrome, and some of the things he professes to believe kinda leaves you scratching your head.

In the end, I can't help but wonder if there's some kind of end game in play. There has got to be some grander scheme at work where the GOP has a fail-safe plan to get someone other than Trump or Carson on the ballot. As it stands, this whole set up reads like a bad Hollywood script.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I personally think that we're headed the direction of Europe, as more of the country swings a tad left of center, and has been trending that direction for a while now.

America is going to look like how Europe is now in 50 years.

Globalization is a key player here. Both parties want to push the TPP. As we globalize, we're going to nationalize. Government is NOT ever going to get smaller, unfortunately. Big businesses and corporations need larger government to:

1. Help them invade/insert themselves into countries and open new markets

2. Legitimize their operations by having government approval

3. Negotiate favorable trade deals

It's kind of ironic:

Another popular misconception is that most corporations lobby for less government regulation. That’s far from the truth. In fact, big corporations generally lobby for more government regulation in their industry. The Big Tobacco company Phillip Morris aggressively lobbies for heightened federal regulation of tobacco products and advertising. Companies such as McDonalds, Starbucks and Kraft have spent millions of dollars lobbying for food “safety” regulation bills. And energy companies like Duke Power have lobbied for cap and trade programs that would benefit their bottom line at the expense of consumers, who would face soaring electricity prices.

Why do big corporations lobby for more regulation? As Matt Ridley notes, “they are addicted to corporate welfare, they love regulations that erect barriers to entry to their small competitors.” Government regulation championed by major corporations is far more likely to significantly hurt their smaller rivals. Politically connected big corporations are fully aware that these harmful regulations will help to wipe out their competition. And that’s the plan.

Link

And we now know from the Princeton study that the large corporate interests and lobbying groups are the only ones getting anything passed by congress. On both sides of the isle. Both sides!

So what we're going to be seeing in the next 50 years is more government -- plain and simple. How's that going to work with the Republican party though fighting against it? Well, they're not really fighting against big government, they just want you to believe that.

The GOP's job is going to be the controlled opposition to all of this. I predict the Republican party is going to look nuttier and nuttier each presidential cycle. This will have the intended consequence of pushing more Americans to the left.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

When are people going to realize they've been disenfranchised for a very, very long time?

IMO not for a long time if ever.

Step out of ATS and talk to the masses. Everyone is blatantly disgusted with politicians and even the majority think they are all crooks.

However, just seconds after admitting there disgust with politicians and gov't , they defend their party to the end and blame all the issues on the other party?

People just eat what they are fed by the MSM. Apparently its more important to clean up your opponents house which you have no say or control over than your own.

edit on 161130America/ChicagoFri, 13 Nov 2015 12:16:26 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Don't worry too much Jeb and Hillary will be there in the end and Jeb will get the crown.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There was something towards the end of that WaPo article that jumped out at me that wasn't excerpted in the OP. This is from a Republican who wanted to remain anonymous:

“We’re potentially careening down this road of nominating somebody who frankly isn’t fit to be president in terms of the basic ability and temperament to do the job,” this strategist said. “It’s not just that it could be somebody Hillary could destroy electorally, but what if Hillary hits a banana peel and this person becomes president?”

This is what really scares me.

When you have Carson saying at the debate that the Chinese are in Syria and then refusing to ramp it down when refuted across the board you have to wonder what kind of insanity could happen with him as POTUS. Especially with his End Time religious beliefs.
edit on 13-11-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The mainstream news just picked up on the possibility that the Republican party might draft Mitt Romney to run for them. I am personally in favor of Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney over the creationist faction of the Republican Party.
edit on 13pmFri, 13 Nov 2015 15:10:29 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
There was something towards the end of that WaPo article that jumped out at me that wasn't excerpted in the OP. This is from a Republican who wanted to remain anonymous:

“We’re potentially careening down this road of nominating somebody who frankly isn’t fit to be president in terms of the basic ability and temperament to do the job,” this strategist said. “It’s not just that it could be somebody Hillary could destroy electorally, but what if Hillary hits a banana peel and this person becomes president?”

This is what really scares me.

When you have Carson saying at the debate that the Chinese are in Syria and then refusing to ramp it down when refuted across the board you have to wonder what kind of insanity could happen with him as POTUS. Especially with his End Time religious beliefs.

Yes. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

mmhmm....and you know what people who go on Jerry Springer's show get?

(Honest to God, I called them one afternoon after watching 2 or 3 episodes - with their "call us if" number all over the place. I TOTALLY made up a story - about my bff and my spouse and my son.....asked what they paid. She said: "We pay for airfare and hotel. The woman gets a free makeover, and the guy gets a carton of cigarettes."

I told her (after about 4 follow-up incoming calls from them) that I had been messing with them. But, I COULD hook them up with real actors if they wanted. And if they would pay.

(Yes, my posse was aware before the corroboration calls came. Needless to say, they didn't want to actually PAY anyone with improv talent.)

True story.

edit on 11/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
In another way, this all reminds me of a "Human Chess Match" (I used to participate in those!).... not much different than pro wrestling, really.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

In another way, this all reminds me of a "Human Chess Match" (I used to participate in those!).... not much different than pro wrestling, really.

Knight jumps Queen.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

naw, more like troll jumps knight.
pirate jumps executioner.

but, now that I think about it.....I did get to hog-tie a guy - me, the "FSB" (female swashbuckling bandit), got to hog-tie a pirate......
and another year, when one of the other 'wenches' and I had a "Baronial Hall" set - (if that's even a real thing, I don't know) - two small women on one side, weiding rapiers.....against a very large guy on the other side.

ach....good times.

Some very talented stage-fighters and actors, hilarious at improv. Loads of fun....

edit on 11/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join