It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to give flags to good threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Klassified

Whats the difference between a flag and a star...?

Flags are for "bookmarking" a thread. stars are for agreeing with a post.

The criteria for awarding flags and stars is something that's left to the discretion of individual poster here on ATS.

That being said, IMO flags should be utilized to award threads that are original, insightful, well constructed, documented and inclusive of the authors opinion with respect to the subject matter.

Stars should be utilized to show agreement with a particular post within a thread.

I don't really think that flags were intended to be used as simple "bookmarks."

I could be wrong, but it's my impression that most ATSers view flags as a sign of supporting the subject matter of the thread, the opinion of the the author and/or recognition for the effort taken to post a well orchestrated thread.

Or at least, that's the way it used to be.

Nowadays, it's not at all uncommon to find that many of the ATS members with the highest flag counts are responsible for some of the most outlandish threads on this site.

Something I can only attribute to reverberations coming from the right-wing echo chamber.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Yeah, I probably should've said that that's my rule for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Thanks so much for testing! I have seen others say that a flag bookmarks the page but it has never worked for me. Maybe it is just one of the quirks of ATS

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Thanks so much for testing! I have seen others say that a flag bookmarks the page but it has never worked for me. Maybe it is just one of the quirks of ATS

It will indeed "bookmark" the thread, in the sense that when you scroll through "recent post," the threads you've flagged will appear with a little banner styled flag next to their title.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Flatfish - I had NEVER noticed that! Thank you!!!! Learn something new every day!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Flatfish - I had NEVER noticed that! Thank you!!!! Learn something new every day!

Here's something new I just realized today, 11/21/15.

If you post a comment in a thread, it will produce the same "bookmarking" effect when viewing the "Recent Post" board, even if you didn't flag the thread.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join