It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 4.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I love it so far as well. But I used the console commands to increase the carry weight of my character up to 3000 klg

Other than that I cannot wait for mods through nexus community
I like skyrim and fallout series because of that...
edit on 27-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Got about 15 mods loaded already
Increased the amount of objects in a base, better lighting, better sounds and the best one is armour which can be worn over outfits such as the drifter outside ect.

I have been running around dressed as the Barbarian building mega bases and giving all the settlers guns and amour and the farmers just blue jumpsuits.
Oh one mod makes pre war money not junk but misc so you can collect it and have money raining days for fun.

I have been playing too much now berating Dogmeat for always giving my away....the amount of times I have said "Oh Dogmeat!".....

If I could only play one game this would be it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So...

Every compaion in FO4 is bi.

I suppose just like irl, everyone is a little bit bi.

haha paladin danse you bigot only to find out you are a machine!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I changed my death sound to Steve Carell screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD NO GOD PLEASE NO!

edit on 28-11-2015 by Lysergic because:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I love gaga
Am I gay too ?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Wow I just have to share my thoughts on the story line so far because it's messing with my head. This post will contain spoilers so stop reading if you haven't completed the Bunker Hill mission.

I always suspected the bad reputation of the Institute was over-exaggerated and that when I infiltrated the Institute I would be shown how they aren't really so bad. And that's pretty much what I experienced, however as I got to learn more about the Institute and the people I still had this overarching feeling that something wasn't right with the Institute or Shaun.

Right before meeting Shaun for the first time, he decides to play mind games with me by making a child synth pretend to be the Shaun I thought I was searching for. He doesn't think it's anything to get upset about, just a little experiment on his part. Then I bring up the topic of how the Institute is responsible for the death of my wife and his mother, and I believe he uses the words "collateral damage" to describe her death, justifying the use of such wording with the fact he's never met her.

I thought ok... he's a man of science it's understandable that he would be slightly cold and calculating and place logic above emotions, so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was my son after all, or so I was told, with virtually no proof what so ever. So he starts me off with a mission where I have to capture a rouge synth leading a gang of raiders, which is obviously supposed to convince me that recapturing escaped synths is necessary. I willingly do this because the synth gang is killing lots of people.

I complete the job and he has a new mission for me. Now I am to help bring in escaped synths who the Railroad has helped free. The ethics of my work for the Institute quickly becomes very murky as they attempt to indoctrinate me into their cause. But little do they know I've been secretly working with the Railroad to free synths from the Institute and undermine their efforts to recapture synth escapees. So instead of bringing the synths back in I take out the courser I'm supposed to work with.

So then I have to go and explain what happened to Shaun. I save the game at this point because I want to be honest with him and I have a feeling it's not going to go well. I meet him on top of the old CIT building and a storm is brewing in the sky. Shaun tells me this is the first time he has been above ground, and it only confirms his beliefs that the world above is dead. I try to tell him there's hope but he is blinded by his life work. He tells me he is responsible for my unfreezing, he says it was "an experiment" to see what I would do.

Then we get onto the topic of Bunker Hill and he wants to know what happened. I tell him straight up I let the synths go because it was the right thing to do. This does not please him one bit, he starts to give me a lecture on how there is no room for emotions in this war. I remind him of our roles and that I'm the father, he lets my statement go in one ear and out the other. I try to convince him there must be a way which is more peaceful, hoping he might let the escaped synths live freely under the condition I make the Railroad stop freeing more synths.

But he is much too stubborn to listen to any reason, and I tell him that I cannot be a part of his organization. As he is leaving I tell him that I have spent a long time imagining what type of person he would grow up to be, and that now I've seen what type of person he is I'm disappointed in what I see. This doesn't seem to have any noticeable impact on him, with one final goodbye he teleports away and I find myself banished from the Institute. I also fail the undercover mission for the Railroad because I told him everything.

So at this point I know I have to reload and take a more delicate approach. But I wonder if maybe I should side with my Son even though all the signs are warning against it. I can't help but search online for an answer, and I discover that if you side with the Institute you will be made to murder everyone in the Railroad and in the Brotherhood, because they are both against the Institute for one reason or another. It seems like the majority of people actually choose this route because they choose to side with Shaun.

That is what makes this story mess with your head so bad, you have to choose between your own son and a bunch of people you've probably spent most of the game doing missions for. Bethesda milks this for everything it's worth and Shaun even informs you that he is dying and wants you to replace him as director of the Institute when he dies. However I will not be emotionally manipulated to do the bidding of Shaun, and I have decided I must keep my undercover status and see how that pans out.

I haven't read what happens when you take this path but hopefully it turns out better than having to destroy several factions. I have a terrible feeling they're going to make me kill my own son but maybe I will be rewarded for not doing the bidding of my son just because he is my son. I'm trying to roleplay a character who does the right thing but Bethesda sure know how to make it difficult. I basically just do what Piper wants most of the time because she likes when I do good things (she's got me whipped lol).
edit on 2/12/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Well, I effed Shaun over, and BoS. THE MINUTEMEN SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!!! and I guess the rail road... didn't really kill them off... NEXT TIME MUAHAHAHA.

My gf had watched me play quite a bit of it, and we both agreed Shaun is twisted, a clone of himself just to mind# me? Let me out as an experiment, how do I even know that is the original Shaun and not a clone of a clone, Calls himself " FATHER " has a god complex... Yeah time to blow up this place. :p
edit on 2-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Well, I effed Shaun over, and BoS. THE MINUTEMEN SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!!!

Lol yeah I definitely like the Minutemen the most, they seem to be the only ones that don't want to stick their nose in everyone elses business, they just want to help out people and make life above ground better.

Let me out as an experiment, how do I even know that is the original Shaun and not a clone of a clone, Calls himself " FATHER " has a god complex... Yeah time to blow up this place. :p

Yeah I think there's definitely some sort of plot twist involving Shaun, they could be saving it for a DLC or something like that. I don't want to destroy the Institute though, I can appreciate what they are doing. My character isn't the type of guy who will just go in and wipe out a whole faction unless they were plainly evil. If I am forced to do such a thing I will be angry.
edit on 2/12/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join