It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th grader threatened with sexual harassment charges for writing a love note to a classmate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Sounds like this kid got in trouble for being bullied by the classroom. Then the principle joins in and adds insult to injury. If i was the kids parent, i would get a lawyer. Anytime a school starts talking about pressing charges, you should lawyer up. Just in case.

a reply to: alienjuggalo

My thoughts exactly, the school did the opposite of what they should have done. They should have taken action against the kids that was picking on him. He was the one being harrassed geez.

Maybe the principal took what he thought was the easiest rought to do away with the situation, taking on one kids parents is much easier than potentially dealing with many.

Hopefully the boys parents give that principal what he deserves......fired for a major fail.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
What the hell is wrong with the school system? Every time I see stuff like this I just have to shake my head. Really, it reminds me of a thread I saw on here yesterday. Check it out, the video in it is perfect for this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow, how stupid. Florida was stupid when I was a kid, but not THIS stupid. It's like it's a caricature of the state I grew up in now.

I received a love note from a classmate in 5th grade, and truthfully, saw it coming a mile away. I had to let the kid down, though. I liked him, but as a buddy. He was pretty heartbroken, I still feel bad that I basically friend-zoned him. Not that I'd go back in time and check the yes box instead, but he really put his super-shy neck out there with that note.

We stayed best friends in school until he moved to a different state in middle school. Everyone used to tease us, called us Mr & Mrs W because we hung out ALL THE TIME during school hours. We had zero chance to hang out after school, so we were pretty inseparable in school, to the point of even changing a couple of classes to have them together (lived in 2 different towns too far apart to bike to, so it was either time in school, or hogging up the phone) We also both failed gym twice, because we were too busy playing pogs, hackey sack, or trading books to get a passing grade XD

But, you know, that kind of stuff would be frowned on today. They'd figure out how to call it harassment or some ish

edit on 11/12/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The reason this crap keeps happening is because people (like we see in this thread!) allow themselves to be drawn into looking at this crap as if its comedy!
None of you should be laughing! All of you should to be bl**dy angry!

STOP LAUGHING AND COMPLAIN !!!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

What the hell is wrong with the school system?

I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with parents in this country, and why the vast majority of them still allow the state to get away with this.

Your children. You're letting "them" have your children.

What's wrong with you, parents?

Wait, nevermind. They went to the same schools their kids are going to. The vicious wheel of propaganda goes round and round.
edit on 11/12/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LoL! I hadn't considered the FL element.

Bless your heart Florida!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
The parents are most likely your typical sheep who don't pay attention to what's going on in the world. I think that homeschooling is best. Screw the school system.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sigh, America is headed down a dangerous road.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Remember elementary school when you had a crush on a girl? You would act silly around her, or try to look cool, maybe hit her and run lol .

Eventually you would get up the courage to profess your love for her in a note.

Something like

Hi Sharon

I think your really nice and pretty will you please be my girlfriend?

Check yes or no.

Well in Tampa a 9 year old boy did just that and his other classmates found out and started teasing him about wanting to see her naked ,so to put a stop to the mayhem the principal has threatened to file felony sexual harassment charges if he does it again.

A 9 year old has no idea what sexual harassment is. How is he suppose to tell a girl he likes her?

Just ridiculous.
www.abcactionnews.com...

MPA, Fla. - Many of us remember passing a love note to our first crush, but for one Hillsborough fourth grader, a note had school administrators threatening him with sexual harassment charges.

"He's 9," said his mother. "What little kid doesn't write love notes?" his mom says her son passed a very sweet note to his crush.

"How she wears the same uniform and how her eyes sparkled like diamonds," his mother said.

Political correctness once again runs amok.

It is a shame.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Bully-proof windows...troll-safe dooooorssss!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Skid Mark

What the hell is wrong with the school system?

I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with parents in this country, and why the vast majority of them still allow the state to get away with this.

Your children. You're letting "them" have your children.

What's wrong with you, parents?

Wait, nevermind. They went to the same schools their kids are going to. The vicious wheel of propaganda goes round and round.

No, the parents who care have mostly removed their kids from the situation in any way they can. Too bad that it looks like far too many are seemingly either blissfully unaware or totally apathetic.

(post by IridiumFlareMadness removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, the parents who care have mostly removed their kids from the situation in any way they can. Too bad that it looks like far too many are seemingly either blissfully unaware or totally apathetic.

The parents who care are seemingly few and far between.

I'm forgetting that, incredulously, an unfortunate whole lot of them actually support state tyranny in the classroom (not calling it that, of course) and likely don't have much of a problem with this. Ignorance and apathy don't necessarily tell the whole disturbing story.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Complete insanity. This kinda crap leaves me speechless.

How times have changed. When I was a kid in elementary school, we carried pocket knifes, got whipped with wood paddles, had to take a mandatory gun safety course in 6th grade, pledged allegiance to the flag in the morning, brought longbows and cap guns for 89r's day (cowboys and indians) and the love notes flowed freely.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I had an incident with my son a few years back when he was 7.

heres the thread:

Im still stunned how much hate towards me and my son cropped up in that thread. So be ready.
edit on 13-11-2015 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

heres the thread:

Im still stunned how much hate towards me and my son cropped up in that thread. So be ready.

Did you ask your child if he knows his school has a hands off policy?

Have there been any previous incidents of him touching another child?

I had a similar experience. It was handled at the school level. He was talked to, and stopped the behavior. If he had repeated the behavior - - then there would be further follow-up.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

heres the thread:

I had a similar experience. It was handled at the school level. He was talked to, and stopped the behavior. If he had repeated the behavior - - then there would be further follow-up.

With out rehashing a several year old thread, no, there were no previous incidents, and yes he knows about school policies. Did you read the whole thread? I explained everything. It was an innocent, isolated act.

What was disturbing was some of the hate in posts. People were calling me a failure, bad father, saying I failed at life. Someone even blamed me for being a "breeder". And there were also insults at my son. I was called a liar as well. Again, this was 4 years ago.

I only brought it up as a way to show just how crazy the schools can be.

Im over it and my son is doing well. But some members here are just plain hateful unhappy people.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

heres the thread:

But some members here are just plain hateful unhappy people.

ATS is a paradise of compassion and understanding compared to most forums. Ya gotta learn to ignore.

Back to thread subject: your child knew there was a no touch rule. I expect the child of this OP also knew of the no touch rule. It seems to be pretty standard in primary schools today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join