It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tanks' at Antarctic 'UFO Crash Site' Found in Previous Satellite Images?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Remember the alleged 'UFO crash site' photo from a 2012 Google Earth image that made the rounds back around July after being discovered by Russian UFO researcher, Valentin Degterev? The image made it into the mainstream (albeit tabloid-y) news outlets such as The Daily Mail:

Anyone can view the object by inputting the coordinates 80°34'08.4"S 30°05'19.3"W into Google Maps.
‘I found the unique object using the online service of Google Earth in Antarctica,’ said Mr Degterev.
‘In amongst the endless ice desert, it is the most genuine UFO in its most classic shape.’
Tellingly, the object of interest is among many other cliffs and shadows, and doesn't particularly look like anything out of this world.

But Andrew Fleming from the British Antarctic Survey, told MailOnline that the object was quite clearly simply a crevasse in the ground.
'A crevasse is a lot of ice formed by differential movement of the ice,' he said.
'They can be tens of metres deep. It's one large slot, nothing unusual, but they are spectacular. It's certainly not a UFO, though.'

Well it seems that somebody has found an image purporting to be from the same site and taken a year earlier. If this information is accurate (and I'm looking for some to substantiate this) then there's something more than a simple crevice going on here.

From Mysterious Universe - Strange Vehicles Found at UFO Landing Site in Antarctica

Researchers looking at previous satellite images of the same site taken in April 2011 and December 2011 found what appear to be four massive vehicles parked in the snow and pointed at the crack. In addition, these prior images show what could be the actual flying saucer with a skid mark in the snow making it look like the craft landed, possibly in an emergency.

What should we make of these earlier satellite images? While some reports identify the shapes as “tanks,” if they really are vehicles, they’re massive in size, probably around 70 feet in length. There are no tire tracks, but they could have been covered by snow or blown away.

If anyone has links to the source of the image or links to the original appearance of this image, please post. I'll see what I can find.
edit on 2015-11-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Did a reverse image search on my Veracity App and this is the earliest result I could find for the photo.

15th Aug 2012.

Haven't watched the video though.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wasn't this posted a few years back?

I think they just turned out to be weather stations or something.

edit on 12-11-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They are not 'tanks' they are stacked storage containers. There is probably a thread here somewhere about the same subject.
edit on 12-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just found a 'MaxRes' version.

The 'tank' objects remind me of buildings seen from above. The length and contrast of the shadows suggest buildings that are similar in design to churches with tall towers. At the same time, those shadows seem out of place and it's hard to work out what exactly could be casting a long shadow.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You have to query why there is no link to these alleged satellite images, and why there is no wider context of the images to show similar scenery to the one in the previous image of the hole in the ice (which is all it is).

Until then: photoshop

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They are not tanks however tracked vehicles...I was informed by a family member whom use to fly down to Antarctica for Operation Deep Freeze...He stated that tracked construction equipment such as excavators and dozers make a hole/pit so they can collect their drinking water and that the photo you are seeing are those vehicles covered in snow and the pit they dug

As Far as UFOs down their most definitely here is same family member as above describe such personal account Here:

US Navy Engineer

P.S. this is also where sometimes they land the C-130 that has ski's for resupply to the various stations close to Murdoch station I believe depending on weather conditions...The heavy equipment also clears makeshift runways as well
edit on 12-11-2015 by Raven1354 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2015 by Raven1354 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They are all different in size and detail and none have tracks leading up to them, so I'll guess they are not tanks, but rather a science station, and the "skid mark" is a trench dug for some purpose.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Calling an obvious crevasse a UFO does not help the credibility of Valentin Degterev by any stretch of the imagination.

All I see is click bait and yet another person destroying this subject for people who are serious about the topic. Valentin Degterev wants attention seems to be the answer to this one IMO.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'd suggest looking for Willy Fields Road on Google Earth and reading this:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's nowhere near that first 'crash site' and is full of buildings and other structures.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

Nice link should put to rest the tanks and crashed ufo on satellite pic to rest

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Did a reverse image search on my Veracity App and this is the earliest result I could find for the photo.

15th Aug 2012.

Haven't watched the video though.

Sequence of stills showing a weather balloon launch from an arctic station.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

ok

there is a large rectangle that is image is in and for some reason ATS wont let me add that one picture but this close up you can see the smooth HD and the old NON HD line in the picutre
its the only area anywhere close that this image is added too
and it says GOOGLE 2015 all throughout it lol
seems this was just an added HD slide

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well just going to throw this out there...

This story run in 2013 by our good friends at Before It's News, so I would have to believe this with a grain of salt, as they aren't the most credible site for actual news.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OK go here in google earth 77°49'46.88"S 166°50'42.43"E and use the history slider to go back to Feb 2011 - the structures appear, so no photoshop - fair enough.

However make sure you look at the other years around that date - the trench feature is there for a good while, and zooming in close reveals pretty clearly that like other structures in the area they are huts built on a mound of snow.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
UFO insurance must be literally sky-high due to all of the crashes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Same area September 2009

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
coul be an agient german VRIL craft...
from the polar base of the nazi's

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
OK go here in google earth 77°49'46.88"S 166°50'42.43"E and use the history slider to go back to Feb 2011 - the structures appear, so no photoshop - fair enough.

However make sure you look at the other years around that date - the trench feature is there for a good while, and zooming in close reveals pretty clearly that like other structures in the area they are huts built on a mound of snow.

In other words 'The slash crevasse' gets obviously changed from time to time..well in the second picture it does. One thing to note, in the Op's link is says it was first discovered this year, that may be the case I don't know, but it has no bearing on the picture with the containers which goes back some years, and even that area has pictures that are variable.
One other thing that goes on there is crevasse rescue exercises, that could be a reason for the latter hole in the ground, they simply dig a trench and put dummies in it. The first, 'UFO' image then, is likely an actual crevasse.

Water used around those parts is desalinated water, and needs to be conserved much of the time.

I'll look and see if there are any pictures handy from the same area that have differences.

Here's the same area, as the OP's second picture, (which was from 2011) in 2010,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the same area again in 2012,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

It's the same spot, and enough to show activity on an annual basis.
edit on 12-11-2015 by smurfy because: Pictures.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

Well the feature from the first photo is at 80°34'08.4"S 30°05'19.3"W according to Daily Mail so the second image isn't from the same location which pretty much makes the rest of it rather moot.

EDIT:

Yep, I checked the coordinates and the crevice from the original story is just about as far away from the second image as you can get and still be in Antarctica. Damn you UM!

Thanks for the coordinates onebigmonkey!
edit on 2015-11-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join