It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Flushgate: Montreal's Controversial Sewage Dump Begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
www.euronews.com...

(There was an older thread on the topic but this thread contains recent developments on this issue)

With repair work being done on one of Montreal's major sewers, 2.1 billion gallons of raw sewer will be dumped directly into the St. Lawrence River. The water treatment plant is the largest in North America and apparently the 3rd largest in the world.

They say the sewer is in dire need of repairs, and that without them there is risk of hazardous leaks... "SO LET'S JUST DUMP 8 BILLION LITRES INTO THE ST. LAWRENCE".... WHAT!!!?

They expect the "dumping" to take around 7 days. Dumping began yesterday, 11/11. A solid week of poop-pumping
- I wouldn't be surprised if I could smell it from several hundred miles south of them, ugh. (I don't actually expect to smell anything from where I'm at, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility)

Another Article: Flushgate's Stench Will Outlast Whatever Montreall Dumps Into the St. Lawrence

edit on 12-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A water company in UK (can't remember which, just read it in Angler's Mail) has just been fined a record £214,000 for letting raw sewage enter a river.

I think in shall doses it's good for fish and plants but too much and the bio system fails and ammonia rises (I think, happens in aquariums).

EDIT: South West Water, Plymouth, River Tamar. Camels Head Sewage Treatment Works.
edit on 12-11-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well, it's not as though India and other high-population countries haven't been doing it since the beginning of time.

You know not to eat the yellow snow, just remember not to skate on the brown ice.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

This is being announced and done out in the open - no sneaking or "breaking the law" (although there SHOULD be laws against this type of thing). The Mayor is defending this unpopular decision.

I visit Montreal several times a year - quite bummed out about this

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This was approved by Ottawa.
Now I know our politicians and now the St. Lawrence are full of @#$T

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
This was approved by Ottawa.
Now I know our politicians and now the St. Lawrence are full of @#$T

You're not kidding. And the American "representatives" are just as bad if not worse. Looks like N. American bureaucracy is sailing down # creek, both literally and figuratively

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
without reading your post I will comment on the title ....."WHY" in this day and age we could or would stand by to this spectral is beyond understanding . Not only Montreal but all other Cities that fall into the same situation ....We call for climate change action but haven't figured out what to do with our refuge yet ????? Talk about the horse and the cart not being able to work ....Oh and Trudeau is off to Paris to help control the "climate " Get a friggen grip people ....I once told someone years ago that a few degrees may change the migration of the Salmon up the streams but toxins will kill them ...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

What a $h!tty situation…

in all seriousness I think the assclowns responsible for this be condemned by the public. If I lived in MTL I'd be absolutely LIVID right now. Does the St. Lawrence run into the Connecticut River? I sure as hell hope not!! Doing some research now as a matter of fact….

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The St. Lawrence river is doing to need one hell of a big bug lamp.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

and 300 years + of time before it smells "normal" again
#ty

new topics

top topics

join