It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Judge Removes Foster Child (pending adoption) From Home Because Parents are Lesbian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: raedar
This guy is either a complete idiot, or is willingly using his "power" to push his own views.

I don't know the guy, but his tactics have been a bit unconventional. What bothers me about this story is that the little girl thinks this family as her moms and siblings. They have formed a bond and she feels loved. Tearing her from that home now, could very well have lasting damage. I hope he changes his mind.

You are speaking for a one year old child here.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This is why LGBTQ+ needs to be a protected class of citizen. If that were the case, it would be easy to appeal this judge's verdict then have him impeached for violating Civil Rights laws.

And that right there outs you as a hypocrite. You gay commies go on and on about "tolerance", yet you have none.

So we need to be more tolerant of intolerance? Should bigotry become a protected class? Equal rights marches for racists and Homephobe friendly bars?

I am strangely reminded of this quote "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch."

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Gryphon66

Probably in time, as the older generation die off, so to will their ways.

Perhaps you're right; I just wish no one had to die for there to be legal equality in this Country.

It's better for everyone in every way.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: raedar
This guy is either a complete idiot, or is willingly using his "power" to push his own views.

I don't know the guy, but his tactics have been a bit unconventional. What bothers me about this story is that the little girl thinks this family as her moms and siblings. They have formed a bond and she feels loved. Tearing her from that home now, could very well have lasting damage. I hope he changes his mind.

Let's not forget that the STATES created the federal government, not the other way around. If Utah doesn't want lesbian couples adopting kids, then that's their prerogative.

I could also suggest that the LGBWTF crowd is using a one year old child for political leverage. Which is more appalling?

edit on 12-11-2015 by HighDesertPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

And it's not the first time he's imposed his personal opinion onto the people he "serves".

Oh, it bothers you when people do that? I guess the left can do it but no one else?

You mad, bro?

I think you're missing her point. A judges personal "opinion" does not belong behind the bench. They are to interpret the law, and apply it to the case at hand. Nothing more. They can give their personal opinion, but they aren't supposed to rule from it. A bit different than what you're talking about.

Ah, got it. The law is open to interpretation by a left-leaning judge, but not by a right-leaning one. Understood.

Note what I said: It is the judges job to interpret the law in relation to the case at hand. Whether he is left or right leaning is irrelevant if he is doing his job properly.

(post by HighDesertPatriot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And it's not the first time he's imposed his personal opinion onto the people he "serves".

Oh, it bothers you when people do that? I guess the left can do it but no one else?

You mad, bro?

Why are you making this thread about partisan politics? I didn't see BH condemning conservatives in the OP.

And the pot calls the kettle black. Another "I know you are but what am I" moment from a lefty.

Hmmm... I don't recall bringing up the left or the right in any of my posts in this thread. Perhaps you can quote me where I did that?
edit on 12-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You mad, bro?

I think you're missing her point. A judges personal "opinion" does not belong behind the bench. They are to interpret the law, and apply it to the case at hand. Nothing more. They can give their personal opinion, but they aren't supposed to rule from it. A bit different than what you're talking about.

Ah, got it. The law is open to interpretation by a left-leaning judge, but not by a right-leaning one. Understood.

Note what I said: It is the judges job to interpret the law in relation to the case at hand. Whether he is left or right leaning is irrelevant if he is doing his job properly.

Agreed, but it doesn't always work that way, does it?

When the SCOTUS decides a case, what is the result called? An OPINION.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You mad, bro?

Why are you making this thread about partisan politics? I didn't see BH condemning conservatives in the OP.

And the pot calls the kettle black. Another "I know you are but what am I" moment from a lefty.

Hmmm... I don't recall bringing up the left or the right in any of my posts in this thread. Perhaps you can quote me where I did that?

"Prove it". Another fave.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Johansen said that “through his research he had found out that kids in homosexual homes don’t do as well as they do in heterosexual homes.” She added that, when the judge was asked to show the research, he wouldn’t.
could it be that the research was actually flawed ? Lord knows that a lot of research has a bias to it .Take for instance the food guides in Canada . What was right was wrong ,and other scientific research that seems to produce other conclusions from counter arguments . Can these sort of things actually be quantified ? Even if they could ,would that make it so and should all other options be disqualified ? I am of the opinion that a single parent is better then two dysfunctional ones .

If it boils down to a simple judgement call then who is it we want judging matters like this or other ones . Corruption seems to run rampant in the judicial system where a child has a good chance of ending up where they will be abused .Psychopaths have a way of infiltrating and taking up positions of trust ......imo

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You mad, bro?

Agreed, but it doesn't always work that way, does it?

When the SCOTUS decides a case, what is the result called? An OPINION.

There is a big difference between a legal opinion and a personal opinion. You might want to do some reading on that.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You mad, bro?

"Prove it". Another fave.

You're on fire.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Well you are the one slandering me. I'd like to know where I said these things in this thread that warrant such fierce retorts from you.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

I am not. I have read several articles and I listened to the moms.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Lysergic

Probably in time, as the older generation die off, so to will their ways.

Perhaps you're right; I just wish no one had to die for there to be legal equality in this Country.

It's better for everyone in every way.

You'll die off someday, too. What will YOUR kids do to further f*ck up YOUR society? When does it end?

My "kids" are two ornery Pugs and a Brussels Griffon with Asperger's.

Aside from an occasional mistake in the house, they aren't messing up anything, least of all society.

I am truly sorry for your misplaced anger.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

No clue. Maybe I'm on probation?

LoL, I doubt that.

You are one of the most civil mannered personalities here. Even if I don't always agree with you, I always read and seriously consider what you have to say.

Thank you for that

Still find the name (submission) odd. MODS?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How about we stick to the topic here?

As for the other thing: use the Complain feature, or use the U2U to ask a staff member.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly, it needs to be done as long as GLBTQ+ people keep getting discriminated against

Somehow this story is going to be swung into a "Left Vs Right" "Progressive Agenda" Attack on Christianity and Moral Values GLBtQ+ parents are not "Fit"

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If parents are fit they are fit. That should be the only question.

Their sexes, genders and sexual orientations have nothing to do with raising children.

I hope this particular judgment will be overturned.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If parents are fit they are fit. That should be the only question.

Their sexes, genders and sexual orientations have nothing to do with raising children.

I hope this particular judgement will be overturned.

agree but I would think the appeals court judge would make that judgement .No doubt a judge with a different bias could be found but what happens if you get the same kind of opinion based on the same research considered ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join