It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned citizen calls 911 over man walking ‘with purpose’ with Confederate flag

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Hmmm, here we go again......!

You ignorance of personal and privacy issues, as well as the US Constitution is clearly evident.

What about the guy carrying the flag..... The flag is not illegal, one can walk down a street in America-excersing their right to free speach (verbal or non).

Here's a reality check: The confederate flag is offensive to a lot of people, because for many people, the flag basically stands for racism and racial hatred.

The flag doesn't stand for that, unless you want it to-like the Lame Stream Media portrays it to.

Since you didn't bother yourself with reading discussion on the thread, you missed the one great point made.

It's not about Racism..... It's about Respect

Here's a reality check for you. The Civil War happened (like it of not). It's history-Americans fought and died during the war. They have relatives etc that have the RIGHT to remember them and honor them.

So, who really is the hate filled one here? Hum.....

I do hope you get the cops called on you for not breaking the law by a concerned citizen that thinks whatever you are doing is "offensive" or "misunderstood". We'll see how you feel about it then.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Last time I checked its not against first Amendment rights to observe and surveil someone acting in a suspicious manner in case the person attempts to perpetuate a violent act.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Last time I checked its not against first Amendment rights to observe and surveil someone acting in a suspicious manner in case the person attempts to perpetuate a violent act.

I never said it was.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
so what about that cop who shot this kid because 'he had an evil look in his eyes'
we shouldnt arrest a man for walking with a purpose, what about other circumstances...

LEOs were called heroes in that thread, if i recall correctly

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
a reply to: peacefulpete

Hmmm, here we go again......!

You ignorance of personal and privacy issues, as well as the US Constitution is clearly evident.

What about the guy carrying the flag..... The flag is not illegal, one can walk down a street in America-excersing their right to free speach (verbal or non).

Here's a reality check: The confederate flag is offensive to a lot of people, because for many people, the flag basically stands for racism and racial hatred.

The flag doesn't stand for that, unless you want it to-like the Lame Stream Media portrays it to.

Since you didn't bother yourself with reading discussion on the thread, you missed the one great point made.

It's not about Racism..... It's about Respect

Here's a reality check for you. The Civil War happened (like it of not). It's history-Americans fought and died during the war. They have relatives etc that have the RIGHT to remember them and honor them.

So, who really is the hate filled one here? Hum.....

I do hope you get the cops called on you for not breaking the law by a concerned citizen that thinks whatever you are doing is "offensive" or "misunderstood". We'll see how you feel about it then.

Well I guess I'm part of the thread now anyway, and I'm pretty sure I get the gist of the thread from the posts I've read already, including your quoted post.
You can rest assured that I'm familiar with the concept of privacy plus the Constitution.
I didn't say the flag was illegal, and I also didn't say that he should have been arrested. As far as I know, the cops just talked to the flag guy, and that was it, wasn't it? Unless I'm missing something about the event, the only thing that happened is that they talked to the guy. So what. I can't relate to anyone being supposedly outraged for the cops talking to someone.
And I could care less that some people like that flag. Enjoy the flag if that's your thing. But you have to know that many people see it as a symbol of racial hatred, and it makes sense for someone to be concerned about some guy flying such a flag down the sidewalk.
Also who marches around with any kind of flag in the first place? The behavior is strange itself, and no one would have noticed if he just had a flag t-shirt lol.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join