It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration is not a right!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I can hardly get through a day without seeing more and more arguments about europe, the uk, etc taking in immigrants. Why are people acting like it's some inalienable right to move to whatever country you want, and do whatever you want? When it comes to immigrants, I say it's guilty until proven innocent. They are not a natural citizen, they do not and should not have the rights of people that are citizens of that country until otherwise granted said rights - that's how I see it. Rape, murder, and violence rising is NOT okay, and I would definitely use statistics and profiling in this case - For instance, single muslim men are proven to be the most likely to strap bombs to themselves. How is this even a debate? There's two sides.

Rape and murder is okay.
Rape and murder is not okay.

I rarely see people intellectually discussing their side when it comes to pro-immigration. Give statistics, reports, links, sources to back up your stance.

Here's mine.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

I could link a ton more - From sites about police/politicians ignoring these crimes, to terrible gang-rape stories, to forced prostitution of european girls and more.

Anyone that is blanket pro-immigration, please tell me why this is okay with you.

Also, anyone talking about immigration in other countries around the world, it's just not the same. This is specifically about muslim immigration, in modern times. No history book is going to tell you how things are grand and will turn out okay.

Deny ignorance, friends.

-Deadlyhope
edit on 11-11-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

All of your sources are crap. ODDLY, infowars is the least crappy one.

Your idea that 'single muslim men are are proven to be some of the worst people on this earth' Is certainly not proven. Can you say that about my stepfather before he married my mother? Then you should call my brother, who was the product of that marriage and explain that to him. My stepfather is from Iran and he put my brother through private university, long after he and my mother divorced. He taught me how to drive a stick shift- I nearly destroyed the transmission on his new truck- this was long after he and my mother divorced as well. He is from Iran. He did a lot more for me than my actual father.

We all own the earth. I know some will bash me for just that statement.

My advice to you is you just stop linking. Don't do a ton more, just stop.

edit on 11-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How about a link of your own? Do you have some news story showing that all these muslims are peaceful loving people that have in fact lowered crime and rape? I'd love to see it, I'm completely open to it if you have it.

Not being sarcastic at all, for the record. All evidence I've seen and heard from others/sites shows this mass immigration being a bad thing on multiple levels.

If you can show me links showing how good it is, and I can verify it across several sources, I will give concede, and admit this OP is incorrect.
- See my "Creationism should be taught in school" thread for proof I can be reasoned with, and switch stances - Creationism should not be taught in science class is now my stance.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
How about a link of your own? Do you have some news story showing that all these muslims are peaceful loving people that have in fact lowered crime and rape? I'd love to see it, I'm completely open to it if you have it.

You gave crap links. It's your OP. I don;t have to come up with reliable links to counter you. I understand this is a rant, not a science experiment, but it is really over the top bigoted.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So you want to continue with this tribalism of border control? Your really want to spend your days worrying about what the immigrants are up to? Most people immigrating to new countries are taking a huge chance and to deny them the same rights as the people who live within those borders is disrespectful. You wouldn't treat some one who you're renting apart of your house to like a criminal for their nationality,race,sex or whatever superficial bull#, would you?

Yeah you can pull up shady statistical sources to try and support any claim you want if that's what your looking for. looking at the statistics, natural born citizen's are 2.6% more likely to be incarcerated while immigrants are incarcerated 2 to 5 times less. That was based on study of a population of about 12 million people.

www.cato.org...

edit on 11-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

(post by 3danimator2014 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

If I were to be a refugee, "migrant" or anything else you want to call it to another country, I'd most definitely be willing to go through rigorous checks, tests, questioning, etc to be able to find a peaceful home. Treat others as I'd like to be treated, right? I'd definitely encourage any country taking in immigrants, even including myself, to up their security measures and treat these people and myself with caution.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Same response as the other guy.. If I were to migrate, immigrate, or whatever to some other country, I'd fully be supportive of that country being suspicious of me until proven otherwise. This isn't just about one race, it's about immigration and what's happening. It applies to me as well - If I were to go to another country, in the name of being a refugee, I'd be willing to go through any long, tedious process to be welcomed into that nation.

(post by reldra removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I tried to do a search for the word "muslim" on that page, and it did not come up once.

I reiterate - Statistics and links for OTHER nationalities, and other time frames do NOT give insight to this problem. You can't throw a history book at me, or show me crime for other nationalities in other countries and say it applies to this problem, today. It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow! So who are you exactly to tell others where they can and cannot go?

(post by muse7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Its unfortunate that the language you used can easily (and understandably) be considered angry, hateful and reactionary.

However, if I understand your sentiment, the basis of your thoughts is not wrong.

Those in the West have been trained to see through "Rose Colored Glasses," as the saying goes. We are supposed to believe that a person coming from Country-X that moves to Country-Y will suddenly, almost magically become part of Country-Y and the Country-Y experience. It's as if by crossing a border, all of the behaviors that Country-X and their citizens tolerate or find acceptable will leave their psyche the moment they take up their new residence.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I'm not! I'm not saying anyone should or should not go somewhere. I'm saying they should not be able to do whatever they want when they do - And that governments should listen to the people when it comes to how many, who to allow and what not. I'm not encouraging that I be listened to. I don't care about me - I care about rape and crime victims, and believe immigration should be a process, there's evidence the people of those nations care about such things, too.

link   
a reply to: reldra

We do not "own" the Earth. We are custodians, at best.

link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Same response as the other guy.. If I were to migrate, immigrate, or whatever to some other country, I'd fully be supportive of that country being suspicious of me until proven otherwise. This isn't just about one race, it's about immigration and what's happening. It applies to me as well - If I were to go to another country, in the name of being a refugee, I'd be willing to go through any long, tedious process to be welcomed into that nation.

That is if you consciously decided "Hey, I would like to move to X country. I did a lot of research. It looks like a beautiful place. I am going to look at their official website and learn the rules to move there. I think I can get a job there. I like the culture. I am setting a bit of money aside to get an apartment and have called a real estate agent. I have my passport and know how to get the initial visa. Wow! this is gonna be great!"

Except, this is not how it goes for refugees. They grab what they can. Hope they have a passport and birth certificates for their entire family, maybe a little money on hand or in an accessible bank and RUN. Once you get there....OMG..there are a lot of other refugees here. It's REALLY chaotic. And things just go downhill form there....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

We do not "own" the Earth. We are custodians, at best.

I stand corrected on wording. We all are custodians or inhabitants of the Earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I'm not racist, I'm not against one religion... It's this SITUATION I'm against. There's a HUGE amount of muslims in this world - at one point I heard nearly a billion. I am definitely not against all 1 billion people - I am definitely wary of these refugees, though.

Security, scrutiny, processes, checks, questioning, etc is something I think should apply to immigration in general, and even more so in mass immigration situations.

All of this applies to me as well. I fully believe other countries should put me through a tedious and long process if they feel safer doing so, if I were to immigrate, or be a refugee.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Its unfortunate that the language you used can easily (and understandably) be considered angry, hateful and reactionary.

However, if I understand your sentiment, the basis of your thoughts is not wrong.

Those in the West have been trained to see through "Rose Colored Glasses," as the saying goes. We are supposed to believe that a person coming from Country-X that moves to Country-Y will suddenly, almost magically become part of Country-Y and the Country-Y experience. It's as if by crossing a border, all of the behaviors that Country-X and their citizens tolerate or find acceptable will leave their psyche the moment they take up their new residence.

NO, that is not accurate either.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Exactly - This situation is definitely chaotic. I still think, as a refugee, I would want a country to check me out. Question me, have a process, even if it's long and tedious - I realize this may not be possible, but I believe a country should feel safe when bringing others in, and I want to feel safer than the place I was running from - Without these checks, there isn't. I also fully believe it wouldn't be my right to move into said country. They could deny me for any reason, and I'd just be SOL - But I fully believe it to be the right of the nation, or the right of the people of that nation to reject me.

I'm a white christian, and believe this all applies to me. Not just muslims, or any ethnicity or religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join