It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I would imagine $$$ also determines what they try.

Apparently Canada just gave them 3 million to work with.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnold_OldSchool
I would imagine $$$ also determines what they try.
Apparently Canada just gave them 3 million to work with.

I would guess that's about a film production credit. The show must be bringing huge amounts of revenue into the province in terms of employment and tourism.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I keep getting the feeling that they should find something soon or that tall Lagina brother will be dead and the last "victim" of the "curse." That guy don't look too good sometimes.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Let's say it's true something is buried there , With all the trouble they went through to make sure no one could get to it probably means it's something that should NOT be found just like the last door of padmanabhaswamy .

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Let's say it's true something is buried there , With all the trouble they went through to make sure no one could get to it probably means it's something that should NOT be found just like the last door of padmanabhaswamy .

If you think about it, the money pit could never have been meant to be the access point upon return/retrieval. All this action is essentially a blunt instrument. There is/was a back door somewhere, and the likeliest location would be the artificial swamp. Too bad it's all been chewed up by successive generations of treasure hunters.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
There is/was a back door somewhere, and the likeliest location would be the artificial swamp. Too bad it's all been chewed up by successive generations of treasure hunters.

Torn to shreds. Here's one of my favorite Oak Island images.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

There is/was a back door somewhere, and the likeliest location would be the artificial swamp.

I actually watched some really good, informative videos about the history of Oak Island a while back. The guy did a pretty good job (at least in my opinion) of proving that the so-called artificial swamp is, indeed, artificial, but was inadvertently created by early treasure hunting attempts on the island and that it didn't actually exist before the early like..1930s or whenever power lines were first installed on the island. They also provided a lot of compelling geological survey evidence that suggests that some time hundreds of years ago, Oak Island wasn't actually an island but was the tip of a peninsula that connected to the mainland (the area between Oak Island and the mainland where the road you always see them driving up is apparently VERY shallow). The person in the videos speculates that at the time whoever was doing whatever they were doing on Oak Island, that part of land was actually above water and that's how they created the "flood tunnels" and the supposed back entrance. They dug into the money pit from the direction of the causeway (which would have been above water at the time) but then the sea level rose, creating Oak Island and effectively sealing off the entrance to the money pit and creating a flood tunnel system as water filled the old entrance tunnel.

Unfortunately it seems like the person who made these videos has deleted every Oak Island-related video from their channel.
edit on 15-11-2018 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2018 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
The guy did a pretty good job (at least in my opinion) of proving that the so-called artificial swamp is, indeed, artificial, but was inadvertently created by early treasure hunting attempts on the island and that it didn't actually exist before the early like..1930s or whenever power lines were first installed on the island. They also provided a lot of compelling geological survey evidence that suggests that some time hundreds of years ago, Oak Island wasn't actually an island but was the tip of a peninsula that connected to the mainland (the area between Oak Island and the mainland where the road you always see them driving up is apparently VERY shallow).

I'm sure that those points can be cleared up by looking at early surveys of the island. Also, when I was at the causeway in '04, I was not looking at the water's depth but it did not stand out that it was inordinately shallow. But thanks for adding some further points to ponder...this is the stuff that ATS was made for!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yep, it's been a while since I saw it, but I think he did have old survey maps. Basically he was saying that one side of the triangular swamp is created by the manmade road the runs in front of it. Another side was created when a series of power lines were run to provide electricity to the island. This dammed up a small natural spring there and created the swamp. Wish I could share the videos but the guy who made them, while very well informed, is also pretty abrasive, a little smug and attracts a lot of controversy. I guess some drama happened that caused him to remove all of the Oak Island discussion videos he's done.

That's cool that you've been there though. I'd love to see it, though they'd probably throw me off the island because it would be hard to resist poking around.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Wish I could share the videos but the guy who made them, while very well informed, is also pretty abrasive, a little smug and attracts a lot of controversy. I guess some drama happened that caused him to remove all of the Oak Island discussion videos he's done.
That's cool that you've been there though. I'd love to see it, though they'd probably throw me off the island because it would be hard to resist poking around.

I was there pre-show and I had a couple of sideways connections to Blankenship but not enough to visit the island. He was known to be pretty crusty. I wonder, was the guy who did the videos Michael Bradley?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Anyone know why History Channel is not allowing anyone to watch the Season 6 Premiere from their site even 2 days after its initial airing? That's weird...I don't remember them ever not having it available the next day previously....

Anyways, I finally watched the new Episode. Didn't know that Charles Barkhouse was a Mason....hmmmm, interesting.

As far as a back door, there was an episode either last season or the season before (I can't remember which) that showed Rick Lagina entering an underground tunnel that looked like it had been uncovered behind or beneath a boulder. I think it was in the episode where they talked about the "Hatch". They showed the brief clip of Rick, but it was never actually aired in the episode and they've never explained where that little video clip came from....

I've always thought that there have been things "Found" which have been kept quiet by the Laginas and/or Nova Scotian authorities...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
As far as a back door, there was an episode either last season or the season before (I can't remember which) that showed Rick Lagina entering an underground tunnel that looked like it had been uncovered behind or beneath a boulder.
I recall that, now that you mention it. There is a weird kinda rhythm to the episodes...maybe there has been more resolution than they are telling us, but held back to squeeze out another season or two. It is an industry!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I stopped watching, I wish it was a book so I could flick to the back page.

This dragging-out of the series is mind numbing.
You guys and dolls in thread will let me know if anything exciting happens please

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I stopped watching, I wish it was a book so I could flick to the back page.

...speaking of books...

Apparently it's pretty good so it will have to go on my want list.
I have booked a sea tour of Oak Island with Tony Sampson. Looking forward to that.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Now that Dan Blankenship has passed away, and the "one more must die" curse has come to fruition, I still don't think they're going to find anything noteworthy. Anything that might have been there is long gone, and the rest is just hearsay.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Now that Dan Blankenship has passed away, and the "one more must die" curse has come to fruition, I still don't think they're going to find anything noteworthy. Anything that might have been there is long gone, and the rest is just hearsay.
I don't think so. A large amount of precious metal does not hit the market without leaving a ripple. I think they need to look for the back door in the swamp.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I never understood why, with enough funding, you couldn't just dig down alongside it, like how they start a quarry.
There is probably a reason.
If there is something buried there, they have done a bloody good job haven't they, that all this time later we still can't get to it.
Or it could be old salt mines and the original stone inscription was a hoax (just one of the many theories)
I don't think we will ever know

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OwenTrousers
I never understood why, with enough funding, you couldn't just dig down alongside it, like how they start a quarry.
There is probably a reason.

Water. And the fact that the place is a garbage pit now after being dug up so many times. The ground itself is unstable, so you just can't dig down into it sideways to get anywhere.

There was some talk about freezing the ground in the area of the Money Pit, but that would be insanely expensive.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I don't think so. A large amount of precious metal does not hit the market without leaving a ripple. I think they need to look for the back door in the swamp.

Or there really never was a "large amount" of precious metals there. Or it was dug up back in the early 1800s and is already sitting in Fort Knox in nice shiny ingots.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've enjoyed this season even though they haven't found anything earth shattering but to see Smith's Cove unearthed is really fascinating. Lots of trinkets found that don't make any sense yet but that's cool that they are finding something. Maybe something will come of the new hole at the MP site as it seems promising.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join