It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scooterstrats

My favorite episode!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Seems they showcase the sword this episode

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedPhilosopher

Which is to say that they totally jump the shark?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am no surprised about the sword finding, what it gets me is that they waited until now to show it and why is not more artifacts has been found, after all pirates had visited the area centuries ago, so if any ship went under water with treasures old swords would have been part of their bounty, still I don't bite into the story that Romans visited the area, but I believe in the Templars story.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Which is to say that they totally jump the shark?

They spend an entire episode constructing a ramp to jump the shark, but at the last minute they realize they don't have a shark, so they decide to go use a metal detector on the beach again, just in case.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Rumors are they are going to reveal 3 tunnels by the end of the season and a major artifact find in 3-4 episodes

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I am a newby to following the show... in the past 2 months I have seen the repeat episodes about 6 times...
the only thing new is that one of the treasure hunters since the late 1950s had 'passed away'

it is perhaps too soon to remark that now the legend of 7 total deaths would happen before any treasure was collected

new show -- the superferlous '90 foot stone' in Halifax
new show--- the visit by the 90 yo lady who showed off the obviously faked 1704 stone... she offered the remark that no one knows if the number is a Date or the distance to the treasure trove
new show-- the machinery to sink casons to 170 foot depth @ the moneypit
new show--- the theory a ship was scuttled between the former two islands where the triangular Swamp is present
(I am very attracted to this theory, seeing the 18 foot deck board found which was dated to the late 1690s to early 1720s)

I am surprised in the costly equipment used, it must be in Millions...& I doubt the treasure hunter team is bankrolling the many faceted projects... the treasure hunt will have another 5 seasons the rate things are crawling along...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Oh, my gosh you are right the seven member has died that means this is preparing the viewers for the finding of the treasure, I also believe that all the millions of dollars in equipment been used to dig out the place means that is treasure to be found.

I been watching this series from the time it started and I am hook on it, is also another series I been watching for a while is call the Treasure of Snake Island this one is about a huge Inca treasure that span from snake Island to the jungles of south American, the treasure is taking the hunters into some incredible never seen sites.

IF you have time check on it, I love programs that include archeological findings.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: St Udio

Oh, my gosh you are right the seven member has died that means this is preparing the viewers for the finding of the treasure,

No....Nolan's death was natural. Not part of the alleged "curse." If dying through natural causes meant you'd be part of 7 to die, then the treasure (if legit) would have been found centuries ago....

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Since I can't get the search engine here at ATS to work this was all I could find from a search engine. Funny that it's a thread I started three years ago.

So the first episodes aired tonight from the new season and I'm left wondering when are they really going to figure out anything and if anything is there at all to find. All the little tidbits they have found so far lead to pretty much nothing. A lot of speculation but no real cold hard factual evidence.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of episodes but I'm kinda giving up on this mystery, if there really is one there, to be solved in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

For a while, a few seasons back, I was starting to think the same as you - that it was a pipe dream and they won't find anything. But some of the discoveries recently, particularly in the last season, really got me thinking that there actually MIGHT be something there.

For instance, can anyone explain how a human bone from a Middle Eastern person from many hundreds of years ago (predating the first "known" explorers) come to be buried 170-odd feet below the surface of Oak Island?

What about the iron cross that Gary Drayton found?

These, and a few others, can't be explained by accepted history so my interest remains. I have been thoroughly looking forward to Season 6 given that the Nova Scotia govt. has chipped in a few million towards the search, should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Is that right?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I watched the show a couple times, and my take on it is...

a.) The brothers are your normal treasure hunter types
b.) Royalties from the TV show help finance a lot of their exploits
c.) Fantasies of "free money / fame" coupled with exposure from the TV program attract investors (typical treasure hunter tactic). You know, the types with more money than brains.
d.) For every 4 hours of programming on the TV show there is about 2 minutes of something interesting. The rest is pure trumped up drama (think: Housewives of Hoboken) and BS.
e.) All the contractors on the show get a bunch of free advertising (name placement galore)
f.) If even remotely true (which it's not), Oak Island would be a documented location in the annals of history 16 ways from Sunday, because it must be the center of the Universe with so much crazy lore from before Columbus. And, it's not.
g.) If there was really anything of significance there it would have been found by now. I mean, hey, some of those old dudes were good, but they weren't THAT good! (i.e. shafts hundreds of feet deep, etc.)
h.) For all of the high-tech digging they do, most of the stuff they find is found either laying on the ground or through some low-tech method.
i.) Whenever the ratings start sagging someone throws some crazy unrelated rusted out / rotted old piece of stuff they found at the dump in the hole to create a new red herring.
j.) The whole thing is just a great big gigantic RUSE!
edit on 11/14/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The whole thing is just a great big gigantic RUSE!

While I dislike the History Channel formula of turning a decent half hour into a cluttered hour-long show, I still believe there is something to the story. I have followed it for over 50 years with a few second-hand connections...and there was that Shreddies map. I look forward to this new season!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The show seems to take 10 minutes of interesting information and jam it into an hour. I'll just wait until the show ends and look at the big treasures on the news. I'm willing to give it 2 or 3 minutes of attention.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
New season opener was pretty good. Watched it and they found some interesting stuff as well as finding out about the lead cross.

I have wondered in past seasons if they were "salting" the area.

While it is a lot of hype for a few minutes of "so cool"....I enjoy watching it because I would love to have the ability to treasure hunt myself....seems it would be interesting to do and I love research, so researching the treasures then going to find them would be pretty amazing to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't think they are 'salting' anything but they for sure take 20 minutes of good information and turn it into a 2 hour show. It is perfect for DVR and in the end I always love it.

What does make me go HMM are these incremental shifts in how they search. If Marty has been doing seismic testing for 30 years then why did we wait for this year to do it while last year they drilled 50 or so holes only to come up mostly empty?

Seems like they just keep dragging it out for ratings, and that part I'm pretty sure they will continue to do. Hoping this year they just dig up the money pit after they do the seismic stuff. In the end I think they will continue to 'milk' the progress. Hopefully this year we see less of them metal detecting and finding coins, spikes and misc objects and them digging in the Swamp, Smith's Cove and the $$ Pit.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

I don't think they are 'salting' anything but they for sure take 20 minutes of good information and turn it into a 2 hour show. It is perfect for DVR and in the end I always love it.

What does make me go HMM are these incremental shifts in how they search. If Marty has been doing seismic testing for 30 years then why did we wait for this year to do it while last year they drilled 50 or so holes only to come up mostly empty?

Seems like they just keep dragging it out for ratings, and that part I'm pretty sure they will continue to do. Hoping this year they just dig up the money pit after they do the seismic stuff. In the end I think they will continue to 'milk' the progress. Hopefully this year we see less of them metal detecting and finding coins, spikes and misc objects and them digging in the Swamp, Smith's Cove and the $$ Pit.

From what I understand, the seismic stuff was only recently able to detect hundreds of feet below....

And yeah...I am looking forward to the Smith's Cove Dam stuff.

The reason I wondered about salting so much was the depth at which things were found...many were very shallow and then in the swamp they found a board from what they believe was a Spanish Ship yet it was just sitting on the bottom of the swap and very clean when it was pulled up....youd expect it to be buried a bit and have plenty of silt and mud on it when it came up.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Don't disagree on some of that stuff, I'm really hoping we do less of the 'metal detecting' guy although I love his little cackles when they find something cool. I think they tested that board didn't they for age but ya it was just right there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join