It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Dairy got Introduced into our Diets

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Meh, I'd give it a shot. It's pretty commonly eaten in Eastern Europe and I hear it's supposed to be pretty lean and good for you as far as red meats go.

And if we can drink camel milk, horse milk shouldn't be that far a stretch.

Listen to me ... I must have watched way too many episodes of Bizarre Foods.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege

Also, humans are the only animals in the animal kingdom to drink milk from another animal, and also the only ones to drink milk into adulthood.

So what gives? Why do we drink milk if naturally we weren't meant to consume it, and most of us can't even digest it?

What you actually mean is that humans are the only animals clever/devious enough to have devised a multitude of methods for extracting milk from other species, resulting in an ability to consume it for a lifetime.

Tons of other animals, young and adult, will eat the milk or milk products from other animals if given the opportunity. Sometimes they will even nurse from other species.

In nature there is no such thing as "meant" there is only "can" We weren't meant to consume dairy, but we can, so we do. That gave Europeans an edge at survival at one point so it stuck around. Lions weren't meant to eat wildebeest, but they can so they do, because it gives them an edge to be able to feed themselves!

Also not sure what's strange about the ability to consume dairy as being a result of a mutation, absolutely everything about your genetic makeup is the result of a mutation. Something being the result of a mutation doesn't make it spooky or unnatural

There is a long list of diseases people have where they're unable to process certain chemicals or foods, it doesn't mean the rest of us are doing something odd because we can process those things just fine and they can't. Each little group of people is just a bunch of humans customized for specific environments and lifestyles, so there are going to be some differences that reflect that. I don't think it goes much further than that personally, but feel free to continue reading into the social aspects of teat juice!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've eaten horse several times when I was about 10 years old. Of course my dad didn't tell me it was horse at the time. Very dark and rich meat, also finely marbled. Most like venison and hare. Not as dark as kangaroo and much less gamey. I thought it was beef at the time but it was obviously richer than I was used to. I can understand why it is a delicacy in some parts of Eastern Europe and France. I wouldnt eat it again unless it was free range, the chances of it being from an old race horse pumped full of hormones and other weird growth promoters just turns me off.

edit on 16/11/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Interesting topic and discussion

I think a lot of the "drinking milk as a beverage" issue is cultural as well. There seem to be a LOT of holes in the OPs article.
My family NEVER drank milk as a beverage. Cook with it and etc, but not drink it. More powdered milk was used for cooking than liquid, in any case.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yo sekerofknowlege

in the search of some knowledge of dairy reducing dark skin pigmentation is there any way to stop it,and bring back skin pigmentation.....may be in my head but started noticing skin around my nail on my right hand getting less pigmented and my palm looks lighter too

dairy is the MAIN type of food i eat

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Indeed cheese was discovered by accident when milk was stored in a water pouch often a stomach of an animal of course when it got churned up it solidified and lo and behold cheese... a bit of rennet is what is currently used to make milk curds that form cheese.

I personally like diary.

Potatoes used to be a poison as well; and wild varieties of them still are.

Exposure to things brings evolution or resistence to them in adapation to adversity... if we cloister ourselves from adversities then we won't evolve mentally or physically to over come them. Making us less hardy in advancement and more fragile to exposures... like Europeans having resistence to Small Pox yet American Natives had never been exposed so aside from genocide over land it came in the form of sickness as well.

Not to mention the Black Plague that devestated Europe; the Ottoman people were immune and in conquest would catapult Plague Bodies into castle court yards as an early form of germ warfare.

How about War of The Worlds where the alien invaders could not withstand common rain water? Contact with environments one is not used too can bring about all sorts of malady from not having adapted or evolved to the adversity... the curse of the Pharaoh was due to bacteria from tombs being harbored in facial hair, which is why military troops are often recomended to keep clean shaven so that they do not have any extra suceptability to any foreign germs or bacteria.

So milk? There's a mustache for ya to not be so concerned about.

edit on 28-12-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join