It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet more proof of election fraud!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ridiculous!! Outragous! How could they!!!???

.....oh wait.....
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

GOP questions vote discrepancies: 8,500 and counting

By REBECCA COOK
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

Republicans laid the groundwork Monday for a potential legal challenge to the governor's election, with attention turning once again to possible voting discrepancies.

"Perhaps there's a logical explanation for all this," said state GOP Chairman Chris Vance, referring to public records that show nearly 8,500 more ballots than voters in five counties. "But if there is not, this election is invalid on its face and the Legislature cannot in good conscience certify Christine Gregoire."

Vance said the voting discrepancies - if they're not accounted for - could form the foundation for a legal challenge to the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire, who beat Republican Dino Rossi by 129 votes after a hand recount of 2.9 million ballots.

Nevermind.
Nothing to see here.
Move on.
This only happens to Democrats in Republican areas, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Agreed.

Cleaning up the systematic corruption in US elections is not a partisan issue.

But the system is so archaic and open to fraud, that many people serving in public office do not want to clean it up.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The democrats have been trying to steal an election for years, unsuccessfully until now.

If the shoe was on the other foot...can you imagine?

2000 Bush never trailed at any point in Florida...democrat outrage.
2004 Bush's win was decisive....more outrage.
2004 Washington Govenors race, Republican wins initially, but after recount, and mysteriously "found" ballots are counted, Democrat is now the winner... Where is the outrage?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I am curious how banks can handle trillions of dollars of transactions error free, but we have to get privatized elections and irregularities. Did it ever occur to anyone that massive amounts of money, namely the responsible Federal Budget, depends upon honesty and accuracy in elections? Think about it, billions of hard copy checks go through our banking system without error. and we cannot make an election system as secure? I think someone is making errors "accidentally on purpose."

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
OMG, im siding with masked avatar on this one,

Cleaning up the systematic corruption in US elections is not a partisan issue. But the system is so archaic and open to fraud, that many people serving in public office do not want to clean it up.

As a journalist working in West Palm during the 2000 election, one of the first questions i put to the newsteam was...
"you do realize that there has ALWAYS been an error rate in election results of like 2-4% dont you?....Certantly our number crunching politicians and their lackies have known this for years AND have probably used/counted on this fact in their election calculations."

The absolutely stupid looks i got from my peers at that time was like "yeah dude, whatever" and they went along following the story without asking the real questions, because there was little time to go into them and from that initial point in time, noone was going to SPECULATE on such things when there was real stuff going on that absorbed resources. (like jessie jackson holding on one of my lines while the State Supr of elections was on another, with the BBC holding on line 3)

Politicians have known for DECADES that there was a margin of error in counting the votes...Im sure they used it to their advantage...but why point it out before? It wasnt in their best interest, and the $$$ needed to fix it was wanted elsewhere. You dont know your disenfranchised if noone talked about it.

Many politicians on both sides decided LONG ago that trying to make this an issue wasnt going to get them votes...as voting and interest by joe doe in politics was sliding....

Now tho, some smart politician should grab this issue (it will take someone already elected and going for reelection to have the power to attempt this) should make this an issue and make the most fool proof voting system for his state...i think they would get alot of votes for doing so (provided they were all countable...LOL)

new topics

top topics

join