It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any fans of drum corps or marching bands here? Check this out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
25 Drummers Stood With Their Head Down. But The Second They Looked Up? I Was Left Breathless!

May I present the Top Secret Drum Corps:

edit on 11/11/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

absolutely amazing loved every minute of it ,they even surpass the royal marine drummers easily .
i loved the way they where fighting with the sticks and never lost a beat

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Truly, this takes my breath away.
Yeah, I was a dorky band geek in high school - I was a flute (as my daughter's class had printed on their pink tee-shirts: You can never have too many flutes!)....

but, we had too many flutes. So I switched to tuba (Souzaphone). We didn't have to wear the stupid chicken-feather top hats. Just beanies....

then, after that, I was on the flag corps.
As a flag, I got to go to a summer camp and there was a competition among the various flag teams....we had to come up with an originally choreographed routine. I was the elected 'leader', and we came up with a great routine, and we won FIRST PLACE!!!

Bartley's Shiny Dime Girls......

(the previous team of our faction was called Bartley's Copper Pennies or some such)

It was very exciting. In any case, yeah - that was in the mid-70s. I was never cool enough to get to be a "cheerleader", though I tried every year, and have NO IDEA why my mother allowed me to do that.....
but, I got to wear a cute pleated skirt as a flag....

and the boy I was mad about was on the football team and ALSO in the marching band...he played sax.

Anyway - just rambling here.
Memories. Teen years are really hard.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Right? It was truly stirring!!! I live where I can hear the marching bands and drum-lines playing from two different high schools - one to the south about a mile and a half, and the other to the west, about a mile and a half.

It makes my spirits soar to hear them.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

i was in the drill squad for the royal marines band ,we had to march with the beat and twiddle our rifles ,in a similar fashion to your flags,and now when i hear a drum sequence like this i almost stand to attention like a call to arms.
so you have put me in the mood to march and present arms .

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Check out Tattoos. They have them everywhere. Halifax has an awesome one. Pipe and drum.... oh hell yeah.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Baritone Sax...Univ. Music scholarship as long as I played in the Marching band.

One of my favorites....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Thanks! I'm a huge marching band fan! That was amazing...

edit on 11/11/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Very nice! Precision marching takes a lot of practice and skill, I know; used to do that in JROTC in high school. Fun stuff, yes, but a lot of work, too!

Add in the drums, and add another layer of difficulty! That these are all working guys, who have to make time for this, makes it all the more impressive.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Nice!

I was trying to find a youtube of their professional recordings but, this live one was the best I could find. "Another Quiet Sunday" is a good album.

edit on 11-11-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've seen better playing I guess, but that drill was out freaking standing.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I spent four years in a concert/marching band and played the trumpet and french horn. Though, I didn't love marching nearly as much as concerts. At any rate, I always had an appreciation for the precision that goes into drum lines. That was an excellent video!

edit on 11/11/2015 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was born and raised in New Orleans. Later, I attended Grambling for part of my college career. I like mine with a little more ...

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

oh I'm so sorry - didn't even think of checking 'search'.

Anyway, yeah - in college I was STILL in the marching band....
piccolo --
we even cut a record entitled "THIS is a marching band!"

It was recorded in a musical hall with great acoustics - but, yeah....I got to play the piccolo for Stars and Stripes Forever!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Bagpipes? Or just 'fifes'?

I absolutely adore the Scottish pipe and drum stuff, too -

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Historically black colleges often have great marching band traditions.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yeah!!! My daughter posted this vid on FB - and said, "Next time I come there, we have to watch Drum Line again!"

GREAT movie. The high schools to the west and south have great marching bands....it's so AWESOME to see them practicing in the parking lots and 'practice fields' - and listen to them....

We had neighbor kids a few years ago, and one of them would be practicing his snare drum outside every morning. He didn't have proper sticks, though.... I had a pair of my son's discarded drumstricks, and I took them over there and gave them to him.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

My kid plays Tuba. This is his absolute favorite band footage. It's not choreographed but it kicks ass. And, well, Second LIne!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join