It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convict sues after being denied sex change - wants Nebraska tax money to pay for it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
I was curious to see a comparison between male and female "pedos" and it turns out there's not a lot of data because it's such a low percentage. Here's what wiki had to say....

Statistically, females prosecuted for the sexual abuse of children make up a comparatively low percentage of convicted child molesters.[1] However, due to issues relating to the reporting of sexual abuse and societal views of female sex offenders, trying to ascertain an accurate number of female child molesters is challenging.

Recidivistic female sex offenders make up such a small percentage that little is known about them as a group.[2]

The reason this interested me was because it seemed odd that a "woman" trapped in a "male" body would do something that very few women have the "urge" to do. It also seems this person had done nothing to transition prior to going to jail, so I think perhaps he's dealing with mental issues that wouldn't make him a good candidate for re-assignment surgery anyways.

In general I don't think tax payers should foot the bill for what basically amounts to plastic surgery, however I do think that if someone is in the process of transitioning and is living as the opposite sex it gets more complicated, and they should get their hormones and even surgery if they can pay for it and it's already been approved by the doctors involved. Where to put them before surgery is a tricky problem, as these people could be more vulnerable to violence and sexual abuse.

This is not plastic surgery. They will not perform it 30 days from now even if she is approved for treatment. I think prisons have dealt with where to house people before.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Really - it is a he.

This thing deserves no compassion or anyone's acceptance. Disgusting monster should be sentenced to death.

It sexually abused a 3 year old boy.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

Really - it is a he.

This thing deserves no compassion or anyone's acceptance. Disgusting monster should be sentenced to death.

It sexually abused a 3 year old boy.

That is why this person is in the custody of the state. You are in no position to pass sentence or pick medical procedures, though.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well then, here's the best solution.

Let it have gender reassignment, and get all prettied up.

then leave it in the male prison.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In my honest opinion the crime does not matter when it is a personal choice surgery like this, I can see surgeries while incarcerated being limited to the life / death type. Not the personal choice type. I could see Him getting the required Pre-surgery counseling along side of his rehabilitation counseling but not a penny more. No hormones, no snip. That he can do on his own dime with what ever career he can find after time is served.

Now bearing into the nature of the crime, the poor inmate will have to face the consequences of his chosen action. While in prison and upon getting out. No amount of gender reassignment should remove an offender from the sex offender list. As for the reassignment stopping them from what they do sorry nope not going to stop it. All such a change would do is make matters even hazier what if she gets out as a she, gets married to a single father with a young child. I will say some of us men out there would fall for a hard luck story too easy and would not research the person's past properly and guys do not think to check the sex offenders database like single mother do.

The risk of repeat offense is actually greater if the surgery was done.

Then factor the prisoner threatens to castrate themselves, fine let them do it by his own hand, cauterize the wound the second he does, save his life so he can finish paying his debt to the courts, let him live the rest of his term as an eunuch by his own hand. All it would show is he most likely is in the correct place for him.

If crime and prison was not involved I would say he could have contacted a congressman or state rep and had asked for a bill to be proposed that would a person "Tax backed loan" akin to a student loan that would be leveraged against his tax returns until it is payed off in full would have been an option. Thus it not really coming off of any other tax payer.

But committing a crime to get into jail to get the "free" health care from there that is Not acceptable no matter the crime.

So in ending this for me "No on the Reassignment Surgery on tax payer dimes no matter the crime, Yes on counselling along with rehab."

CoBaZ
"yeesh that one makes me want to go have a "

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I would say that anyone interested in the realities of the basis of the process under discussion (trans* identity and biology) might read the essay The Transgender Brain here as a general introduction which has information from scientific and medical studies included.

All too often, I think, we believe that people understand the realities of the trans* situation, when sometimes that just isn't true.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Problem solved.

Well, we don;t do that either. Since we aren't barbarians or this is well past the Dark Ages. This is why you don't work for a prison and I hope not the government.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: reldra

Why?
Post surgery, she'll be a woman imprisoned with men. That could be very traumatic for her.

She may be moved to segregation. I do not know what their guidelines are for that. Do you?

Literally, bend over for the pedo?

A: the tax payer should not foot the bill for someones surgery such as this.
B: it's a convicted sex offender wanting to use the system to protect itself, in my opinion. There is no way it would have surgery and then not protest at being locked in a mens prison. it would absolutely push to be moved to a womens.

Do you expect that small breasted women in prison should get breast augmentation surgery to feel better about themselves after they've been convicted? At the tax payers expense?

Hell, lets all get arrested and then get cosmetic surgery.. it's against our human rights to feel bad in prison

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How do you think medical problems are covered for those incarcerated? And, no matter how you think, this type of treatment been classified as necessary and not elective. So, where does your argument go from here?

How is it necessary? How is it a medical problem? Will the pervert expire if they keep their penis intact?

Perhaps - but not due to the nature of their dilemma. More at the hands of those who will affect it for them.

I cannot believe people are even arguing for someone to have this sort of surgery once they've been convicted as if to not have is suddenly a dire requirement - did this person seek this treatment prior to raping a 3 year old boy?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

For a trans* person, sex reassignment would not merely be a "personal choice surgery" comparable as one poster has asininely suggested to breast augmentation.

Sex reassignment is not a simple matter of "feeling better" about one's self, but a complicated, long-term, painful, and unpleasant treatment for a deep, psychologically and physiologically compelling reality.
edit on 20Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:04:45 -060015p0820151166 by Gryphon66 because: Format

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Why?
Post surgery, she'll be a woman imprisoned with men. That could be very traumatic for her.

She may be moved to segregation. I do not know what their guidelines are for that. Do you?

Literally, bend over for the pedo?

A: the tax payer should not foot the bill for someones surgery such as this.
B: it's a convicted sex offender wanting to use the system to protect itself, in my opinion. There is no way it would have surgery and then not protest at being locked in a mens prison. it would absolutely push to be moved to a womens.

Do you expect that small breasted women in prison should get breast augmentation surgery to feel better about themselves after they've been convicted? At the tax payers expense?

Hell, lets all get arrested and then get cosmetic surgery.. it's against our human rights to feel bad in prison

A: Why?
B: And so? She identifies as female?

The 'small breasted woman' thing is not gender dysphoria.

This discussion was useful, but when those who lack logic persist, it becomes an exercise in futility. It also removed itself from the original question. But some just cannot help themselves.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Abysha

Not the same at all. Gender reassignment is completely different. Diabetes and Asthma you can die from and are legitimate medical concerns. My thought is, if you commit a crime you forfeit your ability to ask for something like this.

I am a hardliner....

You are a "hardliner"? Oh, okay there, Tiger.

Anyway, it is not up to us to decide what is a "legitimate medical concern". That's what doctors are for. When you get your PHD, you can state an opinion contrary to medical science and I just may consider it. Until then, your opinion on medical matters that run counter to what is currently an understood consensus in medicine means about as much as your opinion on sports or video games.

Besides, given this prisoner's circumstances, it is very likely she is suffering from something very different than gender dysphoria or an intersex condition. Again, we don't know. That's what doctors are for.

What concerns me is that you would likely still have the same answer if the prisoner was incarcerated for tax evasion or any other non-violent or sexual crime.

(ps - I had deleted the post you responded to right after I posted to avoid the very predictable responses like yours. You just beat me to it, apparently.)

I think you mean HE. And I don't believe a PhD is what's needed here for a sex change, that would be a MD.

I don't care what any doctor thinks, with as many pedophilia cases this "IT" has, death should be the only option.

This person is a she.
Who would sue for all of this surgery if they weren't serious?

A "handout"!...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This person is a she.

A sexual deviant may. I've seen far worse done on BME websites.

It's a he.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Not the same at all. Gender reassignment is completely different. Diabetes and Asthma you can die from and are legitimate medical concerns. My thought is, if you commit a crime you forfeit your ability to ask for something like this.

I am a hardliner....

You are a "hardliner"? Oh, okay there, Tiger.

Anyway, it is not up to us to decide what is a "legitimate medical concern". That's what doctors are for. When you get your PHD, you can state an opinion contrary to medical science and I just may consider it. Until then, your opinion on medical matters that run counter to what is currently an understood consensus in medicine means about as much as your opinion on sports or video games.

Besides, given this prisoner's circumstances, it is very likely she is suffering from something very different than gender dysphoria or an intersex condition. Again, we don't know. That's what doctors are for.

What concerns me is that you would likely still have the same answer if the prisoner was incarcerated for tax evasion or any other non-violent or sexual crime.

(ps - I had deleted the post you responded to right after I posted to avoid the very predictable responses like yours. You just beat me to it, apparently.)

I think you mean HE. And I don't believe a PhD is what's needed here for a sex change, that would be a MD.

I don't care what any doctor thinks, with as many pedophilia cases this "IT" has, death should be the only option.

This person is a she.

A "handout"!...

What, like a food pantry? This person would accept a handout, under false pretenses, even if it included removing his genitalia? That is your answer?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Thank goodness you are not our Universal Dictator and we have systems of law and medical science in place to answer these questions then.

Clinical evaluation is the first step.

Hey if it were up to me that scum would be expired by now.

This would not even be an issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The OP asked the question, I answered it, now I'm in no position to have an opinion?

Go figure..

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This person is a she.

A sexual deviant may. I've seen far worse done on BME websites.

It's a he.

It's a She. If you aren't willing to join us in the 21st century, then stay back there, wherever you are.

And I don't know what a BME website is nor do I want to know what sites you visit.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Problem solved.

Well, we don;t do that either. Since we aren't barbarians or this is well past the Dark Ages. This is why you don't work for a prison and I hope not the government.

I agree. I'd end up in prison for crimes saving society from having to pay these perverts using the system to benefit themselves, without need, while they should be paying for crimes they've committed.

I certainly wont be sticking up for them, acknowledging their delusions of gender crisis, AFTER they've been caught.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Thank goodness you are not our Universal Dictator and we have systems of law and medical science in place to answer these questions then.

Clinical evaluation is the first step.

Hey if it were up to me that scum would be expired by now.

This would not even be an issue.

As I said. Glad you aren't in charge.

Ponder question for you: aren't you glad we have a system of laws which prevent such actions, because, not for nothing, someone or society at large might arbitrarily decide that you deserve execution yourself?

Thus, laws.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Problem solved.

I agree. I'd end up in prison for crimes saving society from having to pay these perverts using the system to benefit themselves, without need, while they should be paying for crimes they've committed.

I certainly wont be sticking up for them, acknowledging their delusions of gender crisis, AFTER they've been caught.

You would be 'saving society' by committing crimes. What an odd point of view. I think there are several comic book characters you would get on with.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join