It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Main Scream News Media Disrobed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Recent allegations that America's media is so entirely politically biased that one's brain would have to be mashed in granny's wringer-washer for any of it to come across as believable, has stirred a storm of responses.

Fox News today unleashed a fury of denial over charges that it leans to the right of center when it comes to news reporting and opinion/journalism. Bill O'Reilly, wearing a full suit of body armor, retorted that, "We love the Democrats, we just can't say so out loud. If Obama wasn't in office, the entire FNC crew wouldn't have a job!"

Meanwhile across the street, (MS)NBC quickly responded to allegations that they bent over to the left. Brian Williams, with his hands on his knees, was recorded shouting, "Thank you sir, may I have another? Thank you sir, may I have another? Thank you sir, may I have another?"

When CNN was asked if they had anything to say, Anderson Cooper was the man with the plan; immediately streaking up to the roof of the CNN Center in Atlanta, where he then stripped naked and ejaculated on the main satellite dish... while singing God Bless America.

As all of this was happening, CBS and ABC were clearly seen skinny dipping together in the Potomac River... with both promising films at 7 & 11.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

next time you feel like posting material that is not yours, mind including the source?

www.thespoof.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

next time you feel like posting material that is not yours, mind including the source?

www.thespoof.com...

I am Frank Michaels.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

edit on 11-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Go check my short story offerings and you will find many there as well as other places.

I knew this would arise...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

www.thespoof.com...

I am Frank Michaels.

ah. in that case, my apologies. thanks for sharing your work, we always enjoy a good spoof around here.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

www.thespoof.com...

I am Frank Michaels.

Nice to meet you Frank...

You still should have given a source and an indication that it was satire.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
so who is frank michaels?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

Me... it is a name I use to publish work with.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Nice to meet you Frank...

You still should have given a source and an indication that it was satire.

If something posted under 'Short Story' that includes stuff like, " CBS and ABC were clearly seen skinny dipping together in the Potomac River", is not taken as satire...

Well... my bad. I should have known better here today in the 21st century, huh?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I dunno, but amazingly, I am seeing shift in some areas of mainstream media including the most brazen like Fox, while the crap still persists there...a lot.
That kind of makes short story writing a pertinent thing to do in regard to stuff like politics...as well as politics.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

what works?

Me no native inglosso

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

what works?
Me no native inglosso

Works? The definition of that word when writing short stories is not based on who pounds it out on the keyboard.
Like all writing, the author depends on the readers to be capable of taking it in as it was offered. But, as we are all unique, not everyone is going to read it and digest it the same.

That's the biggest bytch of writing in any format. You offer it and hope those who read it enjoy it as much as you did writing but... you know going in, that it ain't always gonna be like that.

So... you just toss it out and hope folks like it. If they don't? Nothing much you can do.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Please no semantics, im curious. You a truth seeker?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Please no semantics, im curious. You a truth seeker?

Define, 'Truth Seeker'

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hmmm, you withhold freedom higher than slavery?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hmmm, you withhold freedom higher than slavery?

'Withhold' freedom?

This is a short story formatted subject series... not a serious political battle ground.
At least, I hope not.

You want to exchange on this, just... drop me a PM. From there, we can pick the right place here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

As all of this was happening, CBS and ABC were clearly seen skinny dipping together in the Potomac River... with both promising films at 7 & 11.

I think it is well known that the mass majority of TV, new papers, and radio is liberator based.

new topics

top topics

join