It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center RADCON-5 ALERT - 11 November 2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: aldozer24

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: thorfourwinds

And 3 people joined today to back you up! That is dedication.
I could only hope my alts in Wartune would work so well for me.

Joined again*

Been reading ATS for as long as I can remember, had a very active account 8 years ago in high school but deleted it in college for some reason.

Joined because as I continued to zoom in on the map I saw how close it was to my house.

Ok. Wb then. You should coordinate on this issue with your neighbor steveo. You may both be in grave danger.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hey guys, new account here, but have been a long time lurker. Obviously with only one post I don't expect what I say to be taken as truth, but as a nuclear worker we see this kind of thing frequently (what's causing this) the snapchat screenshot says it all. Look up a thing called temperature inversion, you'll find that it brings radon to the ground that although is primarily an alpha emitter, through it's decay process also emits betas and can correspond to high counts.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chromium51
Hey guys, new account here, but have been a long time lurker. Obviously with only one post I don't expect what I say to be taken as truth, but as a nuclear worker we see this kind of thing frequently (what's causing this) the snapchat screenshot says it all. Look up a thing called temperature inversion, you'll find that it brings radon to the ground that although is primarily an alpha emitter, through it's decay process also emits betas and can correspond to high counts.

Radon gas then, I can understand that being in someone's backyard or house alright, as seems to be the case here.

That's a call for the ghostbusters then!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Check out the elevated alerts.
4:55 PM/EST

www.netc.com...
edit on 11/11/2015 by thorfourwinds because: ttyyppooss

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

Thank you.

Just never have seen 'temperature inversions' to cause a Level 5 ALERT before.

Perhaps you have examples that we might have missed?

Thanking you in advance.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So these nationwide radiation detectors can actually pinpoint down to a person's house or smaller in accuracy?

Hmm, wish I didn't pay for my radon test in my home which came up positive and high amount. I could have just checked this map.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What a difference 15 minutes makes!

www.netc.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Thank you.

That's what I said in the OP.

That's what this is all about.

What's up with the discrepancy between monitoring sites?

Thank you for your interest.

Just for grins, here is NETC Japan.

edit on 11/11/2015 by thorfourwinds because: add japan

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Isn't this the site BIN had a love affair with in the days/weeks/months past Fuku?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If I'm seeing what this website actually is, it appears it's a bunch of people who have their own equipment and it transfers data to the website as to what's happening in the area, similar to how accuweather does their weather forecasts for locally. (They use private linked weather stations for some of them) therefore who knows what sort of calibration/source checking these things actually see or what isotope they're calibrated for. I've seen ones calibrated for one isotope reading a couple hundred counts per minute. But then you out a different isotope in front of it, and it reads tens of thousands of counts per minute, it all depends on the MeV of the betas/gammas

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

I don't really have any specific examples, but temperature inversions are fairly common and depending on radon levels in the atmosphere, when it comes down to the ground, especially on something that collects it, it can lead to very high counts, I've seen as high as 700 counts from radon alone.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
So these nationwide radiation detectors can actually pinpoint down to a person's house or smaller in accuracy?

Hmm, wish I didn't pay for my radon test in my home which came up positive and high amount. I could have just checked this map.

It seems like it !

Funny thing, the government here does a dragnet here for Radon gas and our house was tested maybe 15 years ago, that included the house environment, (where the gas can build up) and ground sampling. The test was negative.
Since The Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center is a private dot com setup, I have to assume the map alerts are mainly for customers, but still allowing general viewing for potential.
It's seems to be a heads up locally in this case, it could be an artifact of someone treating themselves left in the bin, who knows? you would need to backtrack on the NETC to see if they have done any alarmist behaviour in the past on a grander scale...like Fukushima scares etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

These aren't nationwide radiation detectors, the only way they would do that is stand alone TLD's (thermo luminescent dosimeter) and those cannot be read in real time, as I said before on the website it sounds like a bunch of private citizens who got their on Geiger counters and link them to the website to produce a map as you see

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
From the NETC website:

The above with my comments:

Here are facts that NETC has learned from building this software model:

Radiation blows in the wind, so the stations may go from Radcon-1 to Radcon-5 Alert condition in one hour.

The EPA Radnet radiation stations only update their stations every 6 hours, so the radiation may be over before EPA sends out the data.

Can the EPA fix this problem? Yes, will they? No.

Radiation is averaged over an one hour time frame on the EPA Radnet stations, so we can only use the data that EPA Radnet sends out.

Can the EPA fix this problem? Yes, will they? No.

Watching the Japanese radiation station and the North East US stations, a pattern has emerged, during the cold winter months, the radiation levels decrease to the lowest levels. Living in colder climates may have some radiation benefits.

Many people have called the local police or EPA about the Radcon-5 Alerts levels. The only answer they receive is NETC is not an official government company, Thank God, we are not, because government can take any data and make it look good.

The government uses a long period to average the radiation at any given radiation station.

Of course, that would tend to eliminate any short-term spike that warns of unsafe conditions - for whatever period of time.

The idea would be acceptable if radiation moves as slow as the government itself.

Radiation that NETC tracks moves in the wind, crosses oceans in days, or shows up in minutes from our nuclear power plants.

NETC using a shorter time period of the last three months to calculate the radiation NORM ( Natural Occurring Radioactive Material ) range. The range is set so the next day when the current radiation is collected, a Radcon value between 1 . 5 is set. As you can see, we track the radiation based on a three month range window. We do not state if the radiation is dangerous because we do not have the information to make that conclusion.

Thank you for all your support.

Harlan Yother, President of Netc.com

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

‎www.netc.com/inactive-epa.php

‎www.netc.com/activealerts.php

Wow!

The 'animate' feature shows the progression the the alerts hour by hour.

Errrrr….Wait just a sec!

Does this mean that this animation tracks the FukuFallout on an hourly basis?

Or, what do You, Dear Reader, think this is indicative of?

NETC.COM

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

Any idea the affected area on this guys??? Only live a few blocks away. Would it be prudent to stay somewhere else for the night/week

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow, 3 new members joined ATS just to post in this thread ? hmm

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If it is actually radon and it's daughter products, which I highly suspect that it is due to the storm in the area and looking at some atmospheric maps. (Likely temp inversion scenario) it'll die down pretty quickly as far as levels go, and on top of that 300 counts really is of no concern, I've personally been in areas with over 85k corrected counts for some isotopes and I'm still just fine. You're body can deal with doses of radiation at that level indefinitely. And I would be willing to bet some areas see those counts on a frequent basis

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Actually we're up to 4 now.

Watching someone talk to themselves on a forum is really strange. We've probably seen it more often than we realize.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

lol, bloody strange for sure, so its not just me then

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join