It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old charged with murder of 1-year-old left alone while their moms went clubbing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children!!! Maybe both mothers should be sterilized so they can't have anymore children. Stupid and ignorant people have no business raising a child. Now this 8yr old is going to pay for this mother's negligence? The kids weren't even old enough to stay home alone!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Newspapers here report that the mother of the 2 year old has been charged, and that normally you cant charge or punish a 8 year old for murder, but that in the state in wich it happened you can.
Btw, i deleted 3 lines of text with my own reflections on this case, they were to explicit and vile and could potentially bring down a ticket from the internet police.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It says the mother of the eight year old has been charged also but doesn't get into detail about what the charged are.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I heard on NPR that the mom is being charged with manslaughter. We need a sterilization program. At least a one child policy..this world is going to #..I don't know what we can do??? I just want to escape but there is no where to go
The mother should be tarred and feathered for all to see...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
It says the mother of the eight year old has been charged also but doesn't get into detail about what the charged are.

Where did you find that ?..the linked story says the mother has not been charged and they figuring out if they would charge her and the other 4 children that were there...

To address the op....WTF are those parents thinking,talk about irresponsible,leaving 6 kids under the age of 9 all alone....the mothers should be charged and their children removed from them...poor kids they will all likely be ruined for life....from the linked article

All four of the other children who were in the home are currently in DHR custody.

Mary Russell, the assistant District Attorney for Jefferson County who is handling the case, said she could not yet give an answer on whether or not the mother of the 8-year-old boy and the four other children would face charges in the case. At this time, she has not been charged.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Where did you find that ?..the linked story says the mother has not been charged and they figuring out if they would charge her and the other 4 children that were there...

To address the op....WTF are those parents thinking,talk about irresponsible,leaving 6 kids under the age of 9 all alone....the mothers should be charged and their children removed from them...poor kids they will all likely be ruined for life....from the linked article

All four of the other children who were in the home are currently in DHR custody.

Mary Russell, the assistant District Attorney for Jefferson County who is handling the case, said she could not yet give an answer on whether or not the mother of the 8-year-old boy and the four other children would face charges in the case. At this time, she has not been charged.

If you watch the video in the OP look on screen it says the woman has been charged

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you watch the video in the OP look on screen it says the woman has been charged

You know what i was looking at a screen when 911 happened and it told me wt7 had collapsed when it was still there as plain as day....don't believe everything on the screen ...is there an actual article to back it up ?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Sick. Completely, utterly sick. So, we have two women living in the same place, with six kids between them, and they go off to a club and leave the kids alone?? The article states the mother of the dead one-year-old was charged with manslaughter, and released on bond, but states no charges for the other mother. At the very least, she needs to be charged with child neglect. Neither of these women is fit to care for a child, clearly. I did see in the article that all of the remaining children are now in custody.

A bigger question than why these women left the children is what sort of conditions might have caused a child of eight to behave so violently. Have these children been exposed to violence, or is this boy simply evil? Some kids from stable homes have been known to kill, so it's possible. Another worry is, what happens to this boy? No matter the cause, he's dangerous, and when a child kills, they don't tend to change. Serial killers start in animals, typically, and he's already killed another human being. Yet, the way the system is, he'll end up with counseling, and likely be released at eighteen, to go out and commit more murders. I'd like to think a child like that could be helped, but, based on the cases we can read about, it isn't likely. Whether he was old enough to watch a baby or not isn't part of that, either. No normal eight-year-old would beat a baby to death because the baby was crying. The child might not find a solution, but violence isn't a normal response. In a case like this, the other children need serious counseling and analysis as well, and so does his mother.

I can't even fathom how any mother could make such a decision. I was a single mom for a while, and rarely got to go out. Only if a family member, meaning my mother or sister, was watching my daughter, did I go anywhere for an evening. Even that wasn't common, because of the expense. Every penny counted, and we did not have any sort of financial aid. Making barely enough to survive, I was told we "didn't qualify". Cases like this make me feel physically sick, and beyond angry at the "mothers" involved.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I feel really bad for the 8-year old's siblings. I'm not sure if they all saw the baby brutalized but at least one of them did because they told the cops what he did.
I don't even know where to start in how to sentence him. I totally agree with you he is DANGEROUS would not want him around anyone defenseless against him for a long long time.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: benwyatt
Horse$#!+!

The mothers should be charged!

Exactly. I wonder where the 8 year old learned his silencing skills from.........bet the cops never thought of that.

No doubt the mother hasn't a clue about parenting though! Just to really go down the rabbit hole. As long as the three R's are taught in schools so they can become productive workers for industry that's all that matters. Knowledge about sex, parenting, debt, finances, housework, scam phone calls etc god forbid who the hell needs to know that.........oh hang on almost everybody!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I can't imagine what that must have been like for those kids. We don't know the ages of any of them, or if age alone was a factor in the rest not being able to say what happened. I really hope that just the one boy was responsible.

He's dangerous, for certain! Remember that case in Great Britain, where the two boys lead off and brutally killed another? Those two got new identities and released at adult age. I could see that here as well. For sentencing, yes, be sure he did it, then, as far as I am concerned, don't spend a lot on incarceration or counseling. Anyone that dangerous that young should never, ever, be allowed to roam free, and we shouldn't have to pay to lock them up for years. Harsh, I know, but wow, what he did?

Ever see the movie, The Good Son? I wouldn't have hesitated, as she did.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As time goes on I feel more and more like I am living in bizzaro world, this story is a perfect example for more than one reason.

So we start out with a horrible female, or a pair of horrible females, who are such disgusting creatures they neglect their children in order to conduct the important activity ofclubbing Ok, pretty bad, but plenty of horrid parents around.

But then the 8yr old losses his mind and beats the 1yr old resulting in death. Now this is where I feel the break with reality. Not just in the articles online, but the responses in this thread. Get a grip folks, this child is eight. Eight years old, and judging by the environment he has been brought up in I doubt his mental maturity is much past four.

What he did was horrible, there is no excusing that. All measures need to be taken to ensure that he is removed from society and gets the help he needs to be a safe and stable person, not only for whatever trauma he experienced before this incident, but because of the impact the death might have on him in the future.

But the way he is being discussed makes it seem as if he was some sadistic monster that kidnapped someone and tortured them. He is an obviously unstable eight year old forced into a terrible situation and he snapped. Does nobody remember shaken baby syndrome? That's when adults, with all their experience and CHOICE, get so frustrated and enraged with crying babies that they shake them to death. Let's not all act as if this is some sort of unique act that this boy is responsible for pioneering.

The articles seem fairly thin on details but rife with insinuation. Speaking as if the attack was done in some cold calculated manner to murder the child, instead of the mental-breakdown and ensuing rage outburst that seems more likely. It's possible I missed it, but I saw nothing suggesting he had any attempt to murder the child (or hide a body) and in fact the article does mention that it isn't certain if the death could have been prevented if the child's mother had checked on her when arriving home at two in the morning

So which is it? Does the boy snap and violently thrash at the object of his frustration, resulting in death because the incompetent mother couldn't be bothered to check the status of her child she had just abandoned for hours? Or some young serial killer who spent eight years waiting for some time alone with another child to commit murder? The first seems far more likely, the second is closer to the narrative being pushed by the media and parroted by those here on ATS.

The real story, the real monsters here are these egg donor swine and the deadbeats that donated their swimming counterparts. It completely boggles my mind that so much blame and responsibility would be laid at the feet of an eight year old child who has obviously been brought up in conditions of severe neglect and likely abuse.

Again think of all the adults who have snapped and killed children, think of all the life experience and coping skills those adults were lucky enough to have, and they still lost it. But we are expecting an eight year old child to have developed the skills to be completely above a violent outburst when his entire surroundings and swirling in a mass of chaos and overwhelming stimulus.

Sorry for rambling, but I doubt many will read it anyway so I don't feel too bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join