It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan White Supremacists Arrested In Virginia, Planned To Bomb Churches and Synagogues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
An FBI investigation has resulted in the arrests of four men and a woman in Virginia on drugs and firearms charges. What makes this story of particular concern is that members of this band of n'er-do-wells were engaged in a domestic terror plot to kick off the always-popular-with-these-nuts "impending race war" — a plot that involved among other things, the bombing of black churches and synagogues.

Richmod Times-Dispatch, Federal, state weapons investigations lead to five local arrests

The FBI said it received information about the meeting “to discuss acting out in furtherance of their extremist beliefs by shooting or bombing the occupants of black churches and Jewish synagogues, conducting acts of violence against persons of the Jewish faith, and doing harm to a gun store owner in the state of Oklahoma.”

On Tuesday, neighbors said they were unaware of any illegal activity occurring at the Doyle home, where a “Join, or Die” banner showing a severed snake hung from the porch and a target full of bullet holes occupied part of the front lawn.

According to federal documents, Doyle and Ronald B. Chaney III met Oct. 25 with an “FBI undercover agent, posing as an illegal arms dealer, and discussed future weapons purchases by Doyle,” a felon with multiple convictions.

Doyle later ordered an automatic weapon, explosives, and a pistol with a silencer that he intended to pay for at a meeting set for this past Sunday, according to federal documents.

The documents say Doyle has previous convictions for possession and distribution of controlled substances, embezzlement and grand larceny.

Chaney III also has been convicted of multiple felonies; Henrico court records show he was convicted of malicious wounding, firearms charges, conspiracy to commit robbery, and wearing body armor during a violent or drug crime.

Additional details about these would-be terrorists can be found in an AP story

AP - 2 charged in alleged plot to attack synagogues, churches

Robert C. Doyle and Ronald Beasley Chaney III tried to buy an automatic weapon, explosives and a pistol with a silencer from three undercover agents posing as illegal firearms dealers, FBI agent James R. Rudisill wrote in an affidavit filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Richmond.

Doyle, 34, and Chaney, 33, are charged with conspiracy to possess firearms after being convicted of felonies, according to the affidavit.

An associate, 30-year-old Charles D. Halderman, is accused of plotting to rob a jeweler and use the money to help Doyle buy land and stockpile weapons for "an impending race war," the affidavit says. He is charged with a robbery conspiracy.

According to Rudisill's affidavit, Doyle and the younger Chaney "ascribe to a white supremacy extremist version of the Asatru faith," a pagan sect that emphasizes Norse gods and traditions. The affidavit says the FBI learned that Doyle planned to host a meeting at his home in late September to discuss "shooting or bombing the occupants of black churches and Jewish synagogues, conducting acts of violence against persons of Jewish faith, and doing harm to a gun store owner in the state of Oklahoma."

I don't know much of anything about Ásatrú but it appears that it started in the US in the 1960's as part of the Odinism religious movement which is in turn part of the great neo-Pagan religious movements intended to revive worship of the pre-Christian gods of the Germanic tribes of Europe.

It seems a natural fit for white supremacists given the occult aspects of Nazism.
edit on 2015-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
An FBI investigation has resulted in the arrests of four men and a woman in Virginia on drugs and firearms charges. What makes this story of particular concern is that members of this band of n'er-do-wells were engaged in a domestic terror plot to kick off the always-popular-with-these-nuts "impending race war" — a plot that involved among other things, the bombing of black churches and synagogues.

You know, disagree with their view. Everyone thinks things differently. Everyone has different values.

Why the name calling? Why call them nuts? They disagree with you and I both. I know from previous posts there are things you and I happen to disagree on.

They were caught. They're going to be served justice and pay for their crimes.

Why the attack?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow...glad these folks were stopped before any harm was done. I always thought these folks were more radical interpreters of the Christian faith. They're glomming on to viking mythology? Fascinating where actual hate drives people.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Give one good reason why these people,who planned to bomb churches and synagogues as well as kick off a race war by shooting innocent minorities, aren't nuts.

Nuts is the perfect description of these... Nutbags.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Because blowing people up to create a race war is nuts.

If it quacks like a duck etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So, read up on this belief.

Seems its as diverse as any other belief.

Lots of splits and different directions.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Whenever the FBI busts these guys I wonder how much of these plans would've ever come to fruition. Thanks to the FBI for plots they HAVE successfully foiled but when they are the ones instigating and putting ideas in a whacko's head, and then the whacko tries to follow through, how can they really take so much credit? NOT saying that is the case here, but I know from a number of other cases that is how it went down.

I'm glad these plans never came to fruition, those idiots were trying to do this (apparenlty) in the name of a so-called religion (I had to look it up) and got burnt. I'm still conflicted because of the FBIs track record with these undercover informant-scenarios

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Why the name calling? Why call them nuts? They disagree with you and I both. I know from previous posts there are things you and I happen to disagree on.

They were caught. They're going to be served justice and pay for their crimes.

Why the attack?

Wow. These people were planning to commit crimes to fund a campaign of terror. Specifically, to buy weapons and explosives that they were going to use to murder innocent men, women and children.

Why shouldn't I call them names?

Would you be admonishing me for calling rapists and pedophiles deviant monsters? Sadistic serial killers evil, degenerate psychopaths? I doubt it. I'll continue to hold nothing but contempt and disgust for any violent extremist who wants to murder and maim innocent people.

Is there some sort of fringe-right political correctness that I'm unfamiliar with which demands tolerance of the points of views of douche bags like these?
edit on 2015-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Insert target of smear tactic here + Insert infamous villain here + Insert heinous act here =

Oh look, we have a formula for every smear campaign ever. Know what we should do? We should do this to every group we don't like, all the time. Eventually, it'll sink in. That'll be useful.

Those nasty pagans. Pariahs they shall be and the world shall know Paganism is evil and that all pagans are racist terrorists.

A bit like the rodeo clown 'patriot' that tried to bomb Walmart. "Quick, get this idiot on TV!"
edit on 11 11 2015 by SlowNail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

There are some unique individuals in the mountains of virginia. I'm glad these folks got hemmed up. I'm very glad that they won't be fulfilling their plans to hurt innocent folks. If any of you have ever been anywhere in virginia, you should know that this attitude/mindset is far from rare. I guess every area has it's local nutters, but there are families in virginia that seem to like it that way.

Way to go FBI

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Theyre being accused of plotting to blow things up and using explosives.

As far as I can tell, neither of the articles mentions the word "terror" nor "terrorist"...

Anyone else find that strange?

edit on 11-11-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Shame on you, antediluvian. Shame, shame, shame... Just because these young fellows enjoy a different perspective and set of values than yourself is no reason to visciously attack them in such a vulgar and obscene manner. Their approach to solving problems may be a tad unconventional, but it surely doesn’t warrant the savage and brutal onslaught you levelled on them in the OP. Skinheads have feelings too, you know...

Seriously, though, hate groups like the KKK, the Aryan Nation (White Christian Separatists), Neo-Nazi’s, etc. are terrorists just the same as ISIS and Al Qaeda. Maybe they’re not as organized and are fewer in number, but still they present a real threat to society.

One of the statements in the Op kinda struck me oddly. Actually, it kinda cracked me up in a weird sorta way. It says,

neighbors said they were unaware of any illegal activity occurring at the Doyle home, where a ‘Join, or Die’ banner showing a severed snake hung from the porch and a target full of bullet holes occupied part of the front lawn.

I guess the neighbors just never noticed the sign on the front porch or the target practice going on in the front yard. LOL! Maybe they were afraid of retaliation if they said anything. Who knows?

At any rate, nice thread antediluvian.
Except, of course, where you visciously lashed out and called these assholes “nuts”. That was a little bit outta line...

PS: Didn’t Charlie Manson have the same idea as these guys when he sent out his troops out to commit mass murder?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Why shouldn't I call them names?

You're right. Go on ahead. It just does SOOOOOOOOOOOO much good.

And it shows a fair bit of your mentality.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33

And yet...it's still childish.

But, go on ahead.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's pointless, and childish. It's also a feel good measure on the part of the person saying it, which is just pathetic.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33

And yet...it's still childish.

But, go on ahead.

Shame on you for calling me childish. I'm so offended!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Because racists and bigots are nuts. They don't deserve to be called nice names.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's pointless, and childish. It's also a feel good measure on the part of the person saying it, which is just pathetic.

How conservatively correct of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A bird whispered in my ear, The White Knights stepped on a Original toes..

Have fun!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I know a few Asatru practitioners and, unfortunately, it does allow for some of these thoughts to foment. It is largely eclectic but it's mostly a faith based on ethnic ancestry which can lead to racism. No two Asatru folks I've met believed in the exact same things so it's difficult to claim that path promotes anything with any sort of consensus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join