It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Although environmental pollution is largely thought of in terms of toxic gases and dangreous substances, we believe there is now another more insiduous source of pollution which can be added to this list. Yet unlike pollution created by exhaust fumes or factory waste this pollution can neither be seen nor smelt. As such its effects are hard to determine, yet logic alone should be enough to assess its potential hazards.

Swamped by emissions.

www.nasca.org.uk...

[Edited on 14-6-2003 by William]

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It would appear by the writing that this is a cut and paste job, Kitty. How about a link to the site, and cut the article down to a paragraph, we are touchy about violating any copywrite laws at this site.

The "we" that cites these symptoms of eme bombardment, who are they and why do they feel it is "naive" to assume that broadcasts are going to damage us?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is obviously an "opinion piece" with no basis in fact, or even attempting to nod in the direction of credibility by quoting an external expert of any kind.

Alarmist nonsense.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks, Kitty.

There is no substance to the article, no science backing up the allegation. You did realize, I'm sure, as you read and saw the writer taking the time to name off items such as remote controls for TV's and video games that he was just making filler.

Don't let the fact they used the word "science" in their name fool you. Their title should be NAJSCA instead of NASCA!

It is wise not to stand next to your microwave while it is in operation in case the door leaks, of course, you don't want tot build a house around high voltage power lines, don't hang out around mirowave repeating stations and whatever you do guys, don't walk in front of your plane's color weather radar when it is on or near the HF antennea during ops checks. Common sense and you'll be alright, junk science and we'll just go back to the dark ages.

[Edited on 14-6-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the strange disease that was permeating the world described in the movie "Johnny Mnemonic" with Keanu Reeves, where everyone in the world was getting sick with an AIDS type disease caused by overload from EM producing electronics.

However, as was mentioned, this article does not back up any of its assertions with any kind of factual evidence.

Certainly certain things do present an EM hazard, such as living directly under high tension power transmission lines (there have been some studies conducted in this area, especially about high tension lines be run over schools, ect), around high power radio transmitters, radar installations, ect.

Cell phones are a potential danger, but to the immediate user only. There is evidence to suggest that the user, with the transmitter just an inch from his or her brain can cause brain tumors over extended periods, but even this is under debate. (I use the headset myself). However, a cell phone use a couple of feet away is not a danger to you.

TV remotes? They use Infra Red beams, low level ones at that.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I read a study result last week that said there was no corrolation between powerlines and cancer but to stand directly under 72,000 volts or more really makes the hair stand on end and I wouldn't live under it. Most other sources of RF heating can come from the microwave but I think cell phones are harmless unless you talk on one an hour a day or more but I use the earplug too. I'm not comfortable with even 350 milliwatts beside my head.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
if tv is cut down or cut off some kids can exprience loss of appitite,vomiting and bad headaches

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I read a study result last week that said there was no corrolation between powerlines and cancer but to stand directly under 72,000 volts or more really makes the hair stand on end and I wouldn't live under it. Most other sources of RF heating can come from the microwave but I think cell phones are harmless unless you talk on one an hour a day or more but I use the earplug too. I'm not comfortable with even 350 milliwatts beside my head.

I don't like standing around high voltage lines if only because the corona discharge makes an annoying buzzing noise.

top topics

join