It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Boar Versus Cyclists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Not much to say about this. We have a popular cycling area here that is being used for illicit feral pig breeding. Worth knowing how unstoppable a running pig is.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Location? Date?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Date and location stamp on the video.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well that would suck.

We had a Ferrel pig problem here in Mid MI a few years ago. You could shoot on site. From what I heard, you did not want to be caught by surprise by one.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I live on the Southern Coast of Texas. There are areas that are practically infested with wild hogs. They can be very dangerous. I know a guy that nearly bled to death after having his thigh ripped by one.

Imagine 500 lbs of muscle hitting you at 30 miles an hour with 6 inch tusks sticking out the front end. Females with a litter are the most dangerous. I never go in the woods without a pistol.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That is typical behaviour of wild pigs. I even tripped over one on a bush path. I was freaked and so was the pig.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is the season as well here in Belgium for boars. You hit one with your car, it's likely to be totalled (the car ... the boar may get away).
Here is a video from this spring of people having boar encounter in the Belgian countryside.
Boar attack at 0:30 in the video :

As you can see on the vid, an adult male boar is almost the size of a Shetland poney.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Wow, those are some brave ponies!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That was a shrimpy boar. We've got hogs in Texas that can approach a half-ton. They are monsters in the most literal use of the word.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Ah poor bike, hope nothing broke.

We dont have any wild hogs around here, or at least that I know of, some rabbits, deer once in a while you see them crossing the streets or in peoples yards, but I know in some part there are black bears and even cougars as I read the reports of spottings in the area, but no wild hogs yet.

I was riding my bicycle and took the dog with me one day and saw this area with a keep out sign wildlife reserve or something, and all that, I knew it was just park area and trees there as I scoped the area on google maps, but I just had to go scoping around in the woods to see whats there, other then just trees and some small lakes and horse droppings somebody taking there horse rides there but other then that, nothing really there that I seen.

But in my way out of the area I got lost and ended up in some other part, when I went into a neighborhood never been before, trying to find a way back without backtracking through the woods area again, I ran into a neighborhood, not really a neighborhood more like houses here and there.

Thats when I saw it in somebody's yard But some ways off on the neighbors they got a hog the size of a pony. The thing is huge, easily over 400 pounds I am guessing. I though it was a pony at first because some of the other houses had horses in there yards grazing, but boy was I wrong. I guess they just let it run around in there property as its fenced in but it was easily twice the size of my dog and then some, and really wide on the girth, you could tell by the way it moved it was a pig, or boar as it was black and covered in dark hair, no pink piggy it was.

In fact still not sure if it was a hog as I did not get to close and was in a hurry to find a way back before daylight was out. It could have just been a really really stocky pony. Nah! Maybe next time I will go for a ride again and bring the camera with me to take a pic because that is the biggest pork chop I have ever seen. It could have easily broken through that wire and wood fencing if it felt like charging.

top topics

join