It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: We Will Have a ‘Deportation Force’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The way we treat each other is sinful and our problem as human beings who choose to be cruel. The constitution says "ALL" are created equal. One day I hope we catch up with that idea. Is there any other country with a document stating that ALL are created equal?

All are equal just do not break laws, come to our country using the legal ways. Sending people back to the country where they were born and lived a good portion of their lives to then legally work to come back is not cruel. If you think so then you are saying Mexico is cruel in general. Its their country, their home, their history etc.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
What country are you from? In America they just snick in. We do need pickers etc but I would think a work visa would do the trick where workers come here just to work doing a picking season then they go home.

Most of them are doing farm work all year around, if it's not picking it's planting and the picking season is different in different states. A lot of the farm workers are migrants that just go from area to area, though obviously there's less work in the winter and some do return then.

Temporary work visas don't cover it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You have never broke the Law?

ETA: I think we allowed business, wall street, farmers, to lure them here. Consequences suck. We need to fix this without causing suffering. And start anew with immigration. Yeah I know all about Reagan's failure. He failed everyone and never got called on it.
edit on 13-11-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Most of them are doing farm work all year around, if it's not picking it's planting and the picking season is different in different states. A lot of the farm workers are migrants that just go from area to area, though obviously there's less work in the winter and some do return then.

Temporary work visas don't cover it.

I live in Washington state and we have pickers that will out pick any America and they make really good money since they pick like crazy. They can make a year wage in one picking season. Most have homes in Mexico that they maintain, and they have no desire to to live here forever or ever become an American.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You have never broke the Law?

ETA: I think we allowed business, wall street, farmers, to lure them here. Consequences suck. We need to fix this without causing suffering. And start anew with immigration. Yeah I know all about Reagan's failure. He failed everyone and never got called on it.

Yep I paid my parking ticket and speeding tickets, I'm not sure how that relates to coming into a country illegally to live when the punishment is just to be sent home at no class to the alien. I pay a lot in taxes and give a good amount to different charities too. I spend 5 years in France, 5 years in Germany and 5 years in Japan legally, so maybe I should demand those countries to treat me like one of their citizens too and get any benefits they have since I happen to live there.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well, I feel real sorry for you. My husband was a union construction worker from 1970 til 2007. In the 1980's we started losing a lot of jobs and wealth due to the hiring of illegal workers and right to work states. What did you lose? But I still want this done without human suffering.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

half these kids nowadays can't even put their iphone or video games down let alone do some actual work. good luck getting them to do the dirty work for minimum wage.

If there is no money to recharge or maintain those games, and mommy and daddy can't keep a roof over their heads, let alone, provide them with a bowl of Ramen noodles. Getting their hands dirty will be quite appealing when dirty hands are synonymous with survival.

Most idle, lazy, un-involved children are that way because they have been groomed to be so. Got to blame mommy and daddy for that. The majority of these teens are shrewder and wilier beyond their years. I don't fear for their survival, I fear the results.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hmmm...ever spent much time in Moses Lake or Soap Lake? Visit the schools, especially Soap Lake. The place practically emptied when you heard ICE was in town.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well, I feel real sorry for you. My husband was a union construction worker from 1970 til 2007. In the 1980's we started losing a lot of jobs and wealth due to the hiring of illegal workers and right to work states. What did you lose? But I still want this done without human suffering.

I'm lucky, my job required I maintain top secret clearances, so I am safe, but 92 million American out of work, 40 million on food stamps etc really worries me and in my view they come first over every other human on this planet. Got to take care of our own and if that means mass deportation then so be it. If sending 12 million back opened up 2 million jobs for Americans that is a win in my book. What if I stayed in France and one day they sound me and sent me back to America does anyone see that is cruel and inhuman?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hmmm...ever spent much time in Moses Lake or Soap Lake? Visit the schools, especially Soap Lake. The place practically emptied when you heard ICE was in town.

I'm sure it does, I spent 5 weeks in San Diego and I swear I was in Mexico. The schools are over flowing with alien kids and if you had to go to the ER it is like a 12 hour wait since that is free health care for illegals. The local langue is Spanish and the Mexico flag is all over the place. CA is broke and one just needs to look at the cost to the state of the millions of legals that live there.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Wow. You really believe you are safe above the rest of us? You have a long way to fall my friend.

How do you and Donald want to start this process?
How about all employers start with verifying ss numbers with everify and see how many leave? That would be one humane way to do this.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: deadeyedick

I doubt it. The fact of the matter is, there are jobs that Americans won't do. Jobs involving hot miserable conditions in long hours that break your body are things that we simply won't do, Agriculture and Construction are two of those jobs. As a nation we've moved past that, but we haven't eliminated the need for those jobs, so people from other nations are filling them. Working sun up to sun down in 100 degree weather doing unpleasant manual labor for a wage that doesn't even get you what would have given you the purchasing power of minimum wage 50 years ago is something that people have realized is a bad deal. Illegals have no problem with it though because they can take advantage of the exchange rates and give their families in Mexico very nice lives.

If you make the pay for americans equal to that of illegals then there will be no shortage of workers. By pay I mean buying power. The buying power of the dollar is what drives the workers. You would have to pay someone 10 times the wage an illegal gets in order to have the same buying power. If I come across a job paying 80an hour then there is nothing I would not do to get that pay. That is the force that drives immigrant workers.

The only job that an American can get making that amount is selling drugs and just look at the efforts being put in place to combat that. So no a wall will not stop it and neither will America stand by and let some new deportation force operate within our borders. We already have the force and desire to remove the criminals and the rest can be regulated.
edit on 13-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
i do believe if you deport 12 million illegals the united states would implode within 6 months.

first the monumental amount of money it would cost. logistics and man power rounding up millions of illegals will cost the us tax payer big $$$ good luck trying to get mexico to pay for it lmao!!

second without the work force there to do the jobs that lets face it the vast majority of americans do not have the work ethic to do the us economy will crash hard, good luck getting the entitlement era to dig in and get dirty and sweaty doing the hard work a lot of illegals do.

And imagine the sudden sticker shock when the inflation caused by a farm workforce paid even at minimum wage, with insurance and employers ssi taxes, etc. causes an apple to cost $5.00 or more, a bag of oranges $15.00.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

He already said Mexico will be paying for it and you can bet those tunnels will be found and filled with snakes or mines real quick if he is put in charge. Trump is the only way this country has a chance to rebound, the rest are all willing to bend over for Hillary when push comes to shove.

That baffoon isn't going to "make Mexico pay" for anything. All talk. Won't matter anyway, that waste of air won't come anywhere close to the Presidency.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wow. You really believe you are safe above the rest of us? You have a long way to fall my friend.

How about all employers start with verifying ss numbers with everify and see how many leave? That would be one humane way to do this.

I understand I can fall too, and I would not like that either. We can start by building the wall and finding companies that use these workers. We need to cut off the work to force these companies to hire Americans or it will cost them a lot. These companies want to pay 3 bucks an hour to illegals and not 10 bucks per hour to Americans. Hit them with 5k per legal found and things will change with many heading back home on their own with no jobs available.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
And imagine the sudden sticker shock when the inflation caused by a farm workforce paid even at minimum wage, with insurance and employers ssi taxes, etc. causes an apple to cost $5.00 or more, a bag of oranges $15.00.

That is where a work visa program comes into play. Xfarmer needs 50 pickers for 3 months we give 50 3 month work visas and send him 50 workers. This allows millions of others a chance to work here. I also read that there is only about 500,000 pickers out of the 12 million and switching their jobs to Americans with pay around 15 pucks would increase food cost less than 5%. I kind of wonder what the other 11.5 million are doing...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I live in Washington state and we have pickers that will out pick any America and they make really good money since they pick like crazy.

That's part of what I was getting at earlier. They have the experience and they're good at it. It might be racist to say this but because of varying cultures some races are simply better at some jobs than others. When your culture is grounded in being farm labor parents are going to teach their children, people exchange tips, and that culture tends to be very good at it.

This is one of the reasons why it's so difficult to pass anti illegal legislation because if we get rid of all the illegals the replacements don't know what they're doing. 1 illegal picks as much as 3 legals, and they do it for 1/3 the wage.

When you have jobs that need to be done and they're important it's a good idea to not get rid of the people that know how to do that job.

Farm workers can take advantage of the exchange rate, work hard a couple months a year and live like a king in Mexico. Others stay in the US year round and support entire families with a nice lifestyle back in Mexico.

I don't see a problem with this arrangement, they're getting their families out of the bad areas in Mexico, they're doing jobs we need done, and they're saving consumers a lot of money at the grocery store since they're working so cheap.

Lets face it, we all know that if we get rid of these people that Americans are not going to do the jobs for what these people are working for. In Georgia they couldn't get people to work the fields at $20/hour. It literally just rotted in the field since there was no one to pick it.

That is where a work visa program comes into play. Xfarmer needs 50 pickers for 3 months we give 50 3 month work visas and send him 50 workers. This allows millions of others a chance to work here. I also read that there is only about 500,000 pickers out of the 12 million and switching their jobs to Americans with pay around 15 pucks would increase food cost less than 5%. I kind of wonder what the other 11.5 million are doing...

Americans won't do the job for $15. All the estimates I've read have said we need to pay more along the lines of $40 to $50 to actually get enough people in the fields.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
It's pretty easy I think. Follow the laws.

1. Build a barrier and have enough enforcement of the border. Stop the flow.

Well, there's you big problem, isn't it? We continually cut budgets to agencies and then say "Make it work better." Sorry, but that doesn't work. You want a wall (decades to build) and enough enforcement to stop everyone getting through before and after said wall? Fine. You need to accept some serious tax increases, and bigger government as the agencies expand to accommodate.

If ICE and BP were funded adequately to employ enough agents to actually cover the border (it's really, really long, with hundreds of miles in between cities and border stations) detail people crossing illegally, send them back from as far away as North Dakota or Maine, and have other agents stationed everywhere in the country, you still wouldn't be able to keep them all from getting in, but it would be a start.

And as mentioned before, you remove all the migrant farmers and you won't be able to get past the incredible inflation of food prices.

"No let them in on work visas" they say. Dandy. You know plenty of them already come in on work visas. Guess what? When the visa expires, who is going to go find them? people form all over the world come in on work or student visas and simply disappear into the population. Are we now investing billions into ankle monitors to further make sure they understand they were imported as slave labor at rates of fifty cents an hour?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Do you know how many people from around the world come in on work or student visas each year? How to you suggest we monitor them? Many are nowhere to be found when that visa expires. And in that scenario are we simply allowing the farms to pay them the fifty cents an hour that they do illegally (both in paying them and in paying them below minimum wage) and just accept we have a new slave labor force?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Americans won't do the job for $15. All the estimates I've read have said we need to pay more along the lines of $40 to $50 to actually get enough people in the fields.

I agree we need them, but not 12 million as I said before pickers and farm workers only account for less than 500,000 of the 12 million, and most of the pickers maintain a house back in their country and working here is paying for it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join