It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example of why one should be allowed to possess/carry a firearm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So with all the on-going debate of a persons right to own/possess/carry etc a firearm/hangun I find it best to illistrate my side of the argument with real life.

Now, I pray to my good Lord I NEVER have to use my sidearm but I am thankful for the ability to do so. Like these Israelis who werer just minding their own buisness.... and it happen.

Just like a terrible event can happen anywhere.

Our nation (the US) is too quick to blame the gun instead of the issues with the shooter(s). I could go on but I want to hear what you think. AFTER you watch the video. You have to go to the story link for the video.

Breaking: Palestinian Terrorist Tries to Stab Israelis – Picks Wrong Group (Video)

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
edit on 11/11/2015 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2015 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yup. The video pretty much speaks for itself. The police are only minutes away when seconds count.

If someone doesn't want to carry a firearm I certainly respect that decision, but don't restrict my ability to protect myself, family, and home.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72
Any instrument designed to maim or kill should never be made in the first place.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Too late for that! Firearms are here to stay nothing will take that back.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Well..... true. But. live in reality, please.

Check this video out. I bet you the people of Europe had the 2nd amendment.

www.facebook.com...

Did you watch it. That is reality. Humans are humans.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Many impliments unintended for weapons are easily turned into weapons, like a car...a lethal weapon under control of ill willed driver.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

here are two other examples,

Breast-feeding mom exchanges gunshots with home intruders

Gun in hand, woman saves boyfriend after leaf attack

i'm sure we could find more if we wanted to.

edit on 11-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

A car is not designed with the primary purpose of killing something. Guns are designed to kill or maim.

a reply to: joemoe

Keep telling yourself that fella, they're coming for your guns, it's plain to see.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
a reply to: NewzNose

A car is not designed with the primary purpose of killing something. Guns are designed to kill or maim.

a reply to: joemoe

Keep telling yourself that fella, they're coming for your guns, it's plain to see.

NO guns pistols rifles are designed to launch a high speed projectile reliably and accurately

what its pointed at is solely at the whim of its operator just like a car or a pencil all equally deadly if used incorrectly.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

In the Utopian society you have dreamed up in your mind, are all guns gone and never to be re-invented?
Since Cain killed Able with a rock, are you going to remove them as well?

People who can't realize reality make me smile.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

If it's not made, it will be handmade. The realities of hate in this world are very saddening, but lethal weapons can be found and made from the most innocuous things. We can't ban weapons any more than we could ban rocks or fists. It's sad, infinitely sad....but it's a reality we have to admit in order to save innocent lives. We can't just bury our heads in the sand over ideological fallacies.

Instead of banning something that will only lead to more complications, we need to educate one another - sit down around the campfires and discuss alternatives to hate and violence in order to make sure all grievances are understood and accounted for so that we can provide solutions that don't involve any unnecessary deaths.

Until everyone agrees to play by those rules - and sadly, many don't want to - there will be weapons out there - up to and including (but not limited to) firearms.

But I'm a hippie peacenik myself so, believe it or not, I understand where you're coming from.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I don't possess any magical skills to make things disappear or reappear even. Are you referencing a story in a fake book to back you up. I also smile at people, ironically, at people who don't realise reality.

a reply to: ShayneJUK

Yes of course, they are designed to launch a high speed projectile reliably and accurately..... at people or animals primarily, to maim and kill.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I am pro Israel and have reservations about the migrant crisis, but those comments on the filth you are linking to makes me realise that barbarism is everywhere. It is in your head big time.

I could not celebrate the loss of human life no matter how much of a criminal the victim is. Reading those comments made me feel ashamed and vomit to be counted as a human alongside that trash. Their hate will be visited on them for sure. I see only death in store for people so full of hatred.

I'll not be lowered to that disgusting trash, no matter what. What comes out of their mouths is actually as bad as anything I have heard from the most extreme Muslim. Obviously there is no difference now.

I don't want to ever communicate with you again OP. You are invisible to my eyes from now on no matter how extreme your hateful words and examples. Now disappear.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Boxcutters are not intended to be weapons either, but open boxes. Try to take one onboard a plane.

More deaths are caused by unintended weapons(cars, etc.) than firearms.

If we were to take a realistic study of ALL ammunition fired for the year 2014 inside the boarders of the USA, we would find a miniscule used for lethal intent.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Okay.

Must be nice to live in utopia. Where are you located again?

I will yell loud and often where the people like you live. I am sure there would be a lot of interest.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Guns are not designed with the sole intent of killing and maiming.

They are designed to project force over a distance.

A very refined way of throwing rocks, and nothing more.
edit on 11-11-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: I am stoopid and cannot proofread

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes of course, they are designed to launch a high speed projectile reliably and accurately..... at people or animals primarily, to maim and kill.

Not.

It is a line launching gun.
It is designed to launch a line.
It is not designed to kill someone with.... yet, it can kill you.
There are more examples, other guns that are not designed to kill.... yet they will.... if used for other than their intended purpose.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just heard on the news of a young person home alone. A man broke into his home. He took his mom's firearm and the perp will not be breaking into anyone else's home again.(my son says the young feller probably had just gotten Fallout 4.No way the crook was going to get his XBox And FO4. Wouldnt gonna happen)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You never bring a knife to a gun fight.

BTW I have no sympathy for terrorists. So for all those opposed to this situation, just save your breathe.
edit on 11-11-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I can't get over PC Thanos in here.

You killed half the multiverse with the Infinity Gauntlet but I can't have a gun.

Awful fishy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join