It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H25 crashes into apartment building

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A chartered Hawker H25, carrying 9 people crashed into an apartment building in Akron Ohio yesterday, killing everyone on board.

The aircraft departed from Landmark Aviation at the Lunken airport, bound for Dayton Ohio. The aircraft clipped several power lines, knocking out power to the area, before striking a brick apartment building, then hitting an embankment and exploding. A nearby house also burned. There were no injuries on the ground.

m.wlwt.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Holy cow! Wonder what happened? I'll be thinking about the 9 on board all day. At least no one on the ground was killed.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That's a shame. Rest in Paradise. I hope the families get the space and the time they need to grieve.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sad...Hopefully not multiple generations of the same family in this crash. Also hazarding a guess that it was because of a luggage/weight shift in the cargo area that brought it down.

Guessing it was likely a corporate jet or charter of some type?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It was a charter by a development company out of Boca Raton. Two crew, the rest were employees. They had been up to Minnesota and several other places prior to Akron.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Zap,
The plane left Dayton and crashed near Akron. The force of the crash broke windows in my sister's apartment.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Glad she's OK.

The reports had it going the other way, but that makes more sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I know everyone is just repeating press reports but there is no such aircraft as a Hawker H25. The aircraft that crashed was a Hawker 700, a derivative of the British Aerospace BAe125, which has a familial relationship with a Hawker Siddley HS125. Hawker doesn't make any jets any longer since its bankruptcy under the Beechcraft-Hawker name in 2013.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I hope they are able to find a cause for this. My rayers go out for the family members, who might not even know yet that a loved one was lost!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They were on an instrument approach in bad weather, and had been cleared to land when they suddenly went out of control. The aircraft had been chartered by Pebb Enterprises out of Boca Raton. They had visited several potential sites in multiple states. They have several properties in the Ohio area. The company didn't release any names, but said that it was "two principals and five employees" on board.

A teen on snapchat caught the moment the aircraft crashed into the apartment building.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They released some security footage today that showed the plane was about 80° banked to the left I believe when it went in.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They were on an instrument approach in bad weather, and had been cleared to land when they suddenly went out of control. The aircraft had been chartered by Pebb Enterprises out of Boca Raton. They had visited several potential sites in multiple states. They have several properties in the Ohio area. The company didn't release any names, but said that it was "two principals and five employees" on board.

A teen on snapchat caught the moment the aircraft crashed into the apartment building.

Akron Fulton is not a fun place in bad weather. There is no precision approach to Runway 25, only a GPS, a localizer approach and a non-directional beacon approach,none of which gives you glide slope info.There is no control tower there and the closest weather reporting is at KCAK, 7 miles away. The airport sits down in somewhat of a bowl.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I saw that snapchat video....pretty crazy. I would flip out if something like that happened in my hood.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say icing. Perfect weather conditions for it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My best guess is a asymmetrical flap failure.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A Hot Pocket and a trip to the pet store saved two people's lives. Jason Bartley went out to run errands, and stopped at the local Dollar General store to buy Hot Pockets. Six minutes before he got home, the aircraft slammed into his apartment building. His next door neighbor is also usually at home during the day, but took her dog to the pet store that day.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm going over tomorrow to fix my Sister's windows. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the crash site.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say icing. Perfect weather conditions for it.

The 700 has full antiice/deice with bleed air, fluid and electrics. What I would like to know is why he was on an instrument approach at all. The closest METAR (weather report) had the ceiling at 400 feet. The minimums for all of the Runway 25 approaches require 500 feet since the approaches are non-precision and offer no glide slope info. Part 135 of the regs now prohibit even starting an approach if the weather is below minimums. In the old days we could shoot the approach and "take a look." Some people still try that. Not all survive. They could have gone to Akron-Canton and used the ILS approach there which has 200 foot minimums.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
My best guess is a asymmetrical flap failure.

The NTSB has no reports of any incidents or accidents where the flaps were implicated and a review of FAA Service Difficulty Reports show no flap problems except one case of a spot of corrosion on the skin of an HS-125-700 flap. They now have the CVR so we can all quit guessing soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Actually, it was far too warm, with the surface temp at 52F. The freezing level was at 5000 feet or slightly above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join