It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not the Centre of the Universe!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I know by posting this I am going to be met with hostility but I'm sorry I have felt the need to post this because I've noticed more and more that unless something directly affects America then it isn't news. Contrary to what some may believe on here America is not the centre of the Universe! This isn't directed at all Americans, because I know there are many on here who aren't narrow minded and do see the bigger picture, but I have also noticed more and more some American ATS posters who just seem to have a complete disregard for anything unless it is happening in America. They seem unable to empathise, or even try to put themselves in the position of other Countries.

I am not an America hater. Far from it I love American people and I consider them to be our closest allies. However, I do know that some who bear a grudge against America say it is because they feel they are arrogant, insular and the World Police. I have never felt like that but I am beginning to see some of these things. The crisis which is going on in Europe and UK has definitely highlighted some of those traits.

Europe and the UK cannot be compared to America. Although, we are very similar in so many ways we also have lots of differences with our demographics, policies and beliefs but what astounds me is that it seems on here, in particular, that if it isn't happening in America then it isn't news. I see so many times how the situation with the immigration crisis in Europe is compared to America and the fact that they have immigrants and there is somehow a self-rightenous about it. Europe and the UK have taken in hundreds of thousands of Immigrants. We are open and welcoming Countries and have always accepted people and helped people in times of need. Even though the UK is a little island and there are austerity measure, we are the second largest donor in the World. We have given £1 billion in Foreign Aid. The same with European Countries they collectively give large amounts. This immigration is different it is people coming from a completely different culture and mindset in their hundreds of thousands. It has now reached 1 million this year and is growing. This has happened just over a few months. Regardless of where these people are coming from how do Americans think they would cope with these numbers? How would Americans feel if these people were coming over to their shores by boat in their hundreds of thousands and just walking over their borders without any security checks? In America, the security checks following 9/11 are extremely strict even for Westerners just going there on holiday, because they believe in keeping their citizens safe, so I can never imagine a situation where America would allow this to happen on their shores. Maybe that's why some Americans on here can't empathise because they know it will never happen there.

However, what really upsets me is the comments telling Europeans and British people we have somehow deserved it because of war. I am sorry how any American can utter these words is beyond me. If it is the case that all these people are coming here because of war (which I deny is the case) then this IS the time that America should be the centre of Universe. However, that doesn't seem to be the case when looking at articles such as this in the Guardian www.theguardian.com... where it says that America have taken an handful of Syrian refugees.

I'm not saying America should really take these refugees, because I don't believe they should, for the same reasons we here in Europe and UK don't want to take them all, because the cultures are so different and because there is a war taking place in the Countries they are running from, which is really against all non-muslims. I believe we are mad and America are the sane ones. However, in saying that, I just wish Americans would open up their minds a little and look beyond American demographics and imagine how they would feel if is this was on their shores. I've seen people saying they are bored with this however, imagine if this was on American shores I am sure we would hear about nothing else. Just please try and empathise or if you really do believe Europeans and the UK should be taking these people because of past mistakes, then please look in the mirror and then push your government to do more, because I think they should above anyone!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The Americas are actually generally the centre of earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

If you wanted to get all technical.. The earth is round. If laid flat, the center would be Lybia, Niger and Algeria.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

If you actually think that is correct then I wish you well.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Weird. I see way more comments trashing America and Americans, coming from both Americans and non-Americans, than I see trashing the UK and/or Europe from Americans.

Ah well.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Weird. I see way more comments trashing America and Americans, coming from both Americans and non-Americans, than I see trashing the UK and/or Europe from Americans.

Ah well.

I can't remember the last time i saw someone trashing the UK, Or Eu outside the whole refugee scandal. But generally agree that Americans are pretty self centered. I however don't think it's their fault. It's what happens when you live inside walls with windows that only show other parts of the house.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Tjoran

If you actually think that is correct then I wish you well.

It's true, if you lay the world flat. Geographically the "center" is about 6kkm's deep.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

If you wanted to get all technical.. The earth is round. If laid flat, the center would be Lybia, Niger and Algeria.

Oookay, so here I was thinking America was the metaphoric centre, but I guess I was wrong..

Nah, dead center should be the main Pyramid in Giza, Egypt.

But hey, perhaps America has been "the" centre stage more often than any other country, that when Russia stole the stage in Syria, it kind of made it too obvious about there being a centre stage to begin with and it somehow triggered the patriots to set matters straight and air their inner rumblings to warrant a rant.

Just my observations, no qualms on the good people of America.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Actually we are all at the center of our own universe. We share a common reality but in fact none of us know for certain that any of the others are real of just actors in our universe. Americans are sharing the common reality that they are part of the strongest and most prevalent nation on this planet so perhaps they do see themselves as the prime actors of this part of reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Ah well.

I was about to say the same thing. Some of the threads about our military personnel get pretty bad too. Even though 90% are just oblivious to what is really going on and just want to do right by their country.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Ah well.

It's just natural human reaction for people to talk bad about that shady charater who comes around every so often and picks a fight with the next guy.

And America just happens to be that metaphorical guy.

Again just my observation.

Peace

edit on 11-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Duh

London's Obviously the center.

It has a a line in Greenwich and everything showing you the center of the world

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

BUT, US Military intervention in foreign arenas effects all of her allies - and US military bases exist in 63 countries. There is US military personnel in over 150 countries.
www.globalresearch.ca...

So, it's an assumed relationship that "if I have bases in your country, then by proxy, your country supports my actions militarily in any given global theatre of war".

So, when the US Government via her military takes action abroad, the planets population is effected, oil prices are effected, economies are effected - these are facts.

As we approach the latter half of 2016, you will indeed feel this strange pull, a force if you will, propagated by the global propaganda machine, where the whole planet will gear up to prepare themselves for the show of the century - the choosing of Americas next Muppet-in-Chief.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

There we go again. America is not the name of the country that you seem to be talking about.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I believe we are mad and America are the sane ones.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. We have crazy in the genes.
If you haven't noticed, we are the ones who usually get trashed on here. Everything is our fault or at the very least, we made it worse.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Earth is not the center of the Universe, let alone the US.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Blasphemy, the universe revolves around the Earth since the Earth is the center of God's creation. The Earth is 7K old too. just so you know.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: reldra

Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.

You're welcome Ambassador Rain on my Parade.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is true, that many Americans have a faint notion that other nations exist, that aren't vacation destinations. They would have a hard time telling you anything about those nations, except what is most prevalent and oft repeated in the news. But you also have a growing number of Americans who have figured out there's a whole world out there, and they need to be paying attention to it, because like it or not, we ARE becoming a global community. Sooner or later, what happens to other nations, makes its way across the pond, and we must deal with it to some extent.

I feel for you folks over there. You aren't just importing a people. You are importing a belief system. One that isn't compatible with any other faith or lifestyle in the world. The more of them you import, the more they will demand privilege, and even entitlement. It's going to get a lot uglier, before it gets better. And America isn't immune. At some point, we're going to have to deal with this on a larger scale as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join