It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: ATS Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, and more...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have something to add to this conversation.

I've been warned for a one-line response, a couple times, it's really no big deal to me. I just look at it like a reminder for me to keep the quality up.

The really annoying thing about this forum, is that a Two Line response can still take up an entire page in my browser. One post = two lines = entire page! The avatar's are the culprits, I suspect. Instead of oversized avatars stretching the table horizontally, they do it vertically. I consistantly have to scroll down 1/2 a page to get to the naxt post. Th empty space on the forum needs to be fixed somehow, there is no need to have two sentences take an entire page in my browser, that's just ridiculus.

Thank you

EDIT

I would post a screenshot, but I guess the picture is too big. I keep recieving a red X when I preview my post.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Enrikez]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wonder if the rules for ATS also apply for BTS or PTS,but maybe not.I also wonder if the database can handle the posts in BTS,since BTS is HUGE!!

^^^Enrikez has a good point.^^^
Posts with short response take too much space sometimes.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by tormentor]

JAK

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They do indeed apply whatever board you are on Tormentor be it ATS, BTS or P@ATS.

They are though perhaps relaxed a little over at BTS to allow for it's more 'coffee time', easy going feel while P@ATS is moderated with the consideration in mind that tempers may well flare occasionally due to the sometimes emotive or even provocative nature of the topics raised.

But technically any violation of the T&C's can afford the same staff action elsewhere as it might on ATS.

Generally though two simple things to bear in mind no matter where you are posting are to always please remain courteous to those you are chatting with (whether agreeing wholeheartedly or rejecting a proposal outright) and that ATS, BTS and P@ATS are all meant to be 'famliy friendly'.

Jak

[edit on 3/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I posted my experiences with a freeze-dried food company in "Survival" and it was removed. I reviewed the terms and conditions of this forum and could not see that I had violated them. Why was it removed?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Part of my question is being answered by asking this question as I can now see the Post Reply interface. It says 4000 character maximum.
I've been looking for too long on starting a new Topic and unable to find if the 4000 character limit is also in effect for the start of the page or topic.

Can someone please point me to more of how to Post a Topic guidelines.
Short of hitting that button I'd like to know ahead of time to edit down my first post. Also, I noticed someone avoided cutting there's down by simply being the 2nd poster on their own topic to add to it.

I'm trying to be as comprehensive on my first topic as possible without going to far on saying too much in too long winded of a fashion.

Thanks for your help.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ETL71

Once you have enough posts, you'll be able to post 10 thousand characters instead of 4 thousand.

New topics usually have a limit of 10K characters per post, although I'm nto sure if this applies to new members as well, but once you reach the appropriate level, which I believe is a couple of hundred posts, the limitations are removed.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/19/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks.

200? I hope this is not the case for New Topic Posts. 200 for chatroom - I think.

Please correct me but I believe the system said I need 20 posts in order to be able to post a topic. I do not just want to randomly try or can I just cancel in the "New Post" interface without wasting or causing a problem?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

FYI for beginners:

Currently I have under 30 posts and for a New Topic I was only allowed 4000 characters+spaces. I had to break up the topic to more than submission.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Does posting a thread that is deemed a hoax normally result in a banning of a member, if that member had no previous warnings for violations?

Shouldnt the member at least get a warning or an explanation not just an outright ban?

This system normally applies in all walks of life,have all hoaxers been banned?
Iam enquiring most respectfully Iam just trying to deny my own ignorance and understand.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Does posting a thread that is deemed a hoax normally result in a banning of a member, if that member had no previous warnings for violations?

Shouldnt the member at least get a warning or an explanation not just an outright ban?

This system normally applies in all walks of life,have all hoaxers been banned?
Iam enquiring most respectfully Iam just trying to deny my own ignorance and understand.

There is warning. It is clearly laid out in the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use that you and every member agreed to abide by when you registered.

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

7) Violation Violation of any aspect of the Terms and Conditions of use are subject to our Actions for general abuse and violations. Or, in extreme cases, immediate banning of your username/IP from the domains and/or the removal of your email/password from the database. You agree that, all disputes, of any type, regarding any transgression or disagreement with the policies of The Above Network, LLC, the decisions of one of the Partners or administrative staff are final

Any more complaints or questions please take it to ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff and stop spamming this board with the same questions over and over.

[edit on June 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

With all respect more than you have shown me by the way, I believe this is the first time I have contibuted to this thread , and how does asking a question constitute spamming?
Can you tell me where I have asked this question over and over?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Moderators need to start showing some respect and reap what you sow...Completely on topic and look what happens the second this topic has been brought up...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

You were directed to use the complaint feature if you have an issue.

Please do so.

Thank You.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I recently started viewing again, but, feel lost in the new enviornment. Where did you put the "how to" info. I do not know how to reply to a U2U anymore. Help!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Explanation: Hi!

If you click the Blue TOOLS+ button up the top right of your ATS webpage it will take you to an ATS webpage where you can access the messages button [far far left of that page on row of buttons under the BLUE buttons OL mentioned before!].

Or you could simply click the messages tab/ button on the vertical ATS tool bar to your far left on most ATS webpages ... there is also another vertical ATS tool bar to the far right which has more functions as well such as Chat Voyuer etc!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps and OL'll be watching this space for confirmation of that! Or you could u2u me and show me that what I just taught you actually does work etc!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Are there a certain number of mistakes us Newbies are allowed before we get in trouble? Do the rules about one liners apply to the Introductions forum? "hangs head" I have been bad. Not to intentionally spam, but just to say a short, in some cases one word, hello to some of my fellow newbies. It is like first day at school on here.....I feel sooo alone! Am I going to be punished?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I thought this thread is very helpful. I have been a member of a couple of frums before this one and even though this one is alot larger than those I found the guidelines for this group to be more helpful and more concise. Thank you for putting it together.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have tried to search every single 'button' on ATS and cannot find anything on Flags.
Is there a place I can read about that function? Are flags good or bad?

What are the stars for?

I'm also not sure how to get the formating buttons to work. Do I highlight the words and then click on the buttons? I've tried that, and it doesn't show up in the preview window.

Sorry, but I have completely read Terms and Conditions and almost everything in these threads. Help!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
:flame Freedom of speech.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join