It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid Patriotism: JV Reveals How the Pentagon Paid Pro-Sports Teams Millions in Taxpayer Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This past week, I discovered that our very own Department of Defense has been funneling millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to pro-sports teams in order to bankroll patriotism. And it's just not sitting well with me at the moment. In this exclusive clip, I reveal how the DoD paid off at least 50 sports teams to salute America's military. Agree or disagree with the me?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Link is NOT....

working. 404! Someone doesn't want this aired !

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Hmmmm, is this not an ancient Roman tactic? Keep the masses entertained so the people don't revolt.

I've always thought Nascar and ancient Roman chariot races had something in common...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
Link is NOT....

working. 404! Someone doesn't want this aired !

I just watched the video. Checked again. It's working.
edit on 10-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Disregard my comment! I commented before watching the clip.
I sir have backflipped and now agree with you "you God damm sexual Tyrannosaur's"
edit on 11-11-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
What's wrong with patriotism?

Nothing, but shouldn't need to be paid for as propaganda. Unless you think that's patriotic

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Would this be comparable to the money paid for television commercials recruiting soldiers?
There have been flyover events for years to, that can't be cheep.
Paid advertising.
I would like to compare the costs.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I really do not see how this is any different than a paid television commercial. Honestly, the government should not be using taxpayer money on these events; but, then again, these events cost money and the sports teams should not have to shoulder the cost of recruiting for Uncle Sam.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am PO-ed about this. Before I found out it just seemed like a community/patriotic thing to do.

But the DoD pays for it? Forget it. Save your money. Fake 'good-stuff' is not good at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 9/26/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

The revelation about the Department of Defense funding pro-sports teams for patriotic displays raises concerns about the use of taxpayer money; whether one agrees or disagrees depends on their stance on government spending priorities and the ethical implications of such sponsorships.

top topics

join