It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surging Seas: Sea Level Rise Analysis by Climate Central

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
At the COP21 in Paris the subject will be that; The world is almost at a boiling point and will be under water if we dont reduce emissions from developing countries

Over a 100 leaders including Vladimir Putin will attend, to work out a solution during the three day meeting.

Source

Absolutely ridiculous.
ALL the "models" have failed. ALL OF THEM.
ZERO predictive value over the last 20 years plus.
By definition, models that don't work are NOT science. This is ONLY politics

And now, we should trust their predictions for year 2100 ?
Seriously ?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Revolution9

4037 Cities In The World With Over 100,000 People apparently. It is a long way short of seven million coastal cities isn't it!

Yes.
But par for the course with the rest of the lies of the "global warming" crowd.
Green is the new Red.
Orwell would not be surprised....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I like this guys answer the best:

[url=https://www.quora.com/How-many-towns-and-cities-are-there-in-the-world]https://www.quora.com/How-many-towns-and-cities-are-there-in-the-world[/ur l]

How many towns and cities are there in the world?
2 Answers
David Nivala
David Nivala, Worked and traveled in Europe, Asia, North America and South Africa.
2.1k Views
Here is one way of looking at your challenge!
There are 192 countries in the United Nations. Check out the details at How Many Countries?
The populations of the world is approximately 7,300,000,000 (7.3 billion) at the start of 2015. See PopulationPyramid.net
There are only about 100 cities with about 4,000,000 people or more (making up about a tenth of the worlds total population. City Populations, Largest Cities of the World
Approx. 54% of people live in towns and cities (urban) in 2015.
If USA is used as the yardstick:
USA has approx. 27k cities for 300 million people there would be 600,000 towns and cities
If India is used as the yardstick:
India has approx. 650k cities for 1.3 billion people, there would be over 3,000,ooo towns and cities.
The true answer will be in between - perhaps 2,000,000
Written 4 Oct

No way there are even 7 million cities on earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread.

I assume you mean things like extreme weather and also areas that already have temperatures in the late 40's (c) being even hotter.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Yeah. Droughts in currently moist areas. Floods in moderate areas.
All kinds of stuff to disrupt the status quo and force people to move around.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
The world is almost at a boiling point and will be under water if we dont reduce emissions from developing countries

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sea level has risen and dropped countless times in the past. Ask any geologist of this fact.

If the elite really cared, think of all the carbon emissions that would have stopped if clean energy invented by Tesla was made available to the poor.

Looking at 50ft high "raised beaches" of earth and pebbles along southern England coastlines shows that the sea still has a minimum of 50ft to rise yet before it even reaches the same level that it was at during the last ice-age melt 10000 years ago.

COP21 is a alias for 'final solution' or population control.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Sorry not a chance seeing we were told in 99 that costal cities would have a sea rise of 1 meter by 2015 and it never happened

A 2000 report for the Pew Center on Global Climate Change had a figure of 50cm rise by 2100 for coastal areas.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Its so good these scientists can precisely predict 7 million cites will be submerged. One report I read said only 6,999,999 cites will be submerged - someones lying

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

how much sea rise have we had since 1990?

Minus the lowering also during that time, Where is the sea level today?

Not much higher or lower than it is usually.

Tides and other global as well as solar issues affect sea rise and fall also.

I go down to the beach and it is still the same.

Dana point and the Newport harbor (home of the late John Wayne) the water level is still where it was 25 years ago. If we had such a rise the water level, it would have almost exceeded the break water they built to protect the harbor by now and they would have had to add 5 more feet of rock to shore it up. The original wedge body surfing spot would have changed drastically. However none of that has taken place. Why, because there has been no real sea rise that affects our current coastal Cities as AL Gore and his group would want you to believe.

if the rise that was predicted in the 90's had happened most of the homes in Newport beach would have their lover levels in about 1 ft of water.

Phage, I was in on some of the presentations given by Mayors around the world Hagadorn in Palawan on the 8th wonder of the world, Gov Schwarzenegger in California, and some others. I have heard from 50cm to 90cm, Hagedorn went as far as to say 1 meter. All of them show so called projected mean sea level rise maps that showed by 2015 Manila, San Francisco, LA and the like would be under water. But the same streets are still accessible and no new infrastructures were added because the the mean sea level rose even 30cm.

edit on 11-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Even as a proponent of Climate Change I'm going to have to say that your title is a tad over-sensationalized.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another point is "Erosion Factor" if global seas rose even by three inches in 20 years it would have an across the globe erosion affect that would have changed the shape of every land mass to the point they would not be recognizable with the maps we have today.

Even a 1 inch rise would have changed places like Dana Point, NY harbor, and the coast of Florida so drastically it would have everybody believing the whole global warming issue was real.

So the real sea levels have not rose. They still remain where they are minus some normal erosion

edit on 11-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, I guess fortunately for me I will be long under the ground by the year 2100.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That will make for some awesome scuba diving. Too bad I will be worm food by then.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join