It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd occurrence while trying to astral project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm fairly new to the world of astral projection, like some new people I thought I could look at a few YouTube videos and the next day become a natural at it. Well of course that's not the case. I was recently attempting to astral project (like 15minutes ago) and I wasn't successful, Im pretty sure I was just in a state of sleep paralysis. But while I was in that state, I could hear things. Kind of like when you can hear the TV from the floor above you, but you can't make out any words or noises but you know you can hear something you just arnt sure. The noise seemed to be coming from the back of the basement I was in,(if you think it's running water or other household noises, it stopped immediately after I exited sleep paralysis and I haven't heard it since). i have heard stories of the "shadow people" and figures appearing during sleep paralysis and other weird things but I'm not familiar with hearing things during sleep paralysis.

I have had an OBE before so I think I know what to expect with astral projection and this wasn't it

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23

The mind is powerful, thought processes can change into sounds and voices, and anything else. Just remember you are in charge(conciously or not.) of the events that take place in your head. I attribute it to a sort of mental mind game.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23
Im just impressed someone is trying to astral project.
And say it if so matter of factually.
"Oh I'm just going to run down to the store and pick up some peanut butter, then run home and astral project".
I hope you are successful and can't wait to hear of the outcome.
And no, I'm not trying to sound like an *ss.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It was your mind opening up in a state of relaxation. You are on the right path, keep at it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You are really close to astral projecting! Congrats! Love to see people learning this.

I first read about it on ats about 12 years ago and have been practicing ever since. I've had hundreds of OBE's.

In my experience what is happening is you are entering the theta state of consciousness. This is the jump off point for astral projection. Beta is waking consciousness, alpha is the relaxed state of mind like when your daydreaming, and theta is half awake half asleep bordering on losing consciousness but holding it still at the same time.

That is the goal is astral projection. Fall asleep while maintaing consciousness.

So when your in theta you will hear and feel very out of place things. Hearing voices is one of the indicators for me that I have entered theta. Your body will also start to feel magnetic or heavy or like its blowing up like a balloon and your consciousness will start to feel like it's swirling around sometimes.

So try to remain in the same state of mind when you start hearing the voices, just relax and let them get louder. Allow your consciousness to forget about your physical body. When you feel completely disassociated from your physical body make a mental motion of stepping away or floating away or rolling away from your body. Anyway to move away from your body works. Then try to open your eyes. Not your physical eyes, your astral eyes, it can be kinda weird at first, do it really slowly, if you start to see your physical surroundings from your sleeping bodies perspective keep them closed and move your astral body around more, if your seeing a completely different scene or your room from another perspective you did it.

Sometimes i will get into theta and hear voices, ill disconnect from my body and fly towards the voices and try to open my eyes. There will usually be people and a new surrounding to go along with the voices, from there anything is possible.

literally anything you can possibly imagine.

good luck and congrats on your progress!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Im just impressed someone is trying to astral project.

I try every day or so. Is that strange? I've done it once so far and let me assure you, if you do the same, you will never stop trying either.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Have you tried your hand at anything else psychic? Mediumship, Psychokinesis, Telepathy, e.t.c ? It is amazing what the mind can accomplish, I feel this is a lost art and something we all once knew as magic, but is actually more of a display that we are something more than we think. I keep trying to do these exercises but illness and a family causes a difficulty in focus and concentration. It's nice to see others looking at the possibilities, might see you floating around someday.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i mess around with telekinesis, aerokinesis, atmokinesis, telepathy, astral projecting while awake, healing. I've had some interesting experiences with everything.

the theory is that everything is consciousness at a different level of density. The air is lightest density, then water, then wood, then stone, etc. So by learning how to go into a meditative state and allowing your consciousness to penetrate physical matter it is possible to have a physical effect on it.

This is why things like group meditation help to reduce crime rates, it is because everything is consciousness at a different levels of density.

the astral realm is less dense than the physical realm, which means the astral is basically practice for the physical world.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: househusband

With the high level of nuclear threat doom being so prevalent and people buying up fall out shelters and prepping, do you suppose there would be a way to astral project out of your body, with at least a few minutes warning and shield it from the blast? Is the astral body affected by explosion?

Or at any time facing death?

It seems in some instances, ND Experiences have a similar experience to Astral Projectors.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Try a little harder.
It's worth it - You'll achieve a little more of nothing instead of a little.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: golden23
Im pretty sure I was just in a state of sleep paralysis. But while I was in that state, I could hear things. Kind of like when you can hear the TV from the floor above you, but you can't make out any words or noises but you know you can hear something you just arnt sure.

I had a lot of sleep disturbance some years back, and among other things that were tried, one of them was a BT-5 Brain Tuner. And man, it had an effect. I slept. Sort of. Only not all of me was asleep.

I could feel my body but couldn't move it. It wasn't exactly like an SP dream, where you want to move because the Boogey Man is slithering up to your back or after your kids or whathaveyou. I just understood the part of me that was awake was temporarily disconnected from the rest of me.

And there I laid. Hours at a time. I could feel that most of me was asleep. Hell, I was dreaming off and on at the same time and could watch (and influence) the dream if I turned my attention to it. But other than that, it was lie there and listen to the clock tick, my old lady and myself breathe, snore and poot.

One thing I noticed is this, though, and it is also true when I am SP dreaming and semi-aware of the room.

Sounds are distorted. It took a while to figure this out and compensate for it. When I'm in that state, everything is amped up tremendously. Everything is extremely loud. The jet engine roar is the central AC blower. The mass murderer panting in my ear is my breath against the pillow. The aliens tip-tapping around the room are the little windup clock on the dresser ticking.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I've been experiencing this recently. I lay there, eyes closed, concious for hours trying to sleep. I drift in and out but wake up to distorted sounds that sound like a malicious groan, which is my stomach.

I think to myself, most would get up right now. Most people couldn't handle laying here unable to sleep, they would go crazy. But I just lay there, experiancing my thoughts as they come by. Wondering how this state is different from actual sleep. Thinking about what it means to sleep is shutting off for a few hours. Then thinking well how do I do that? Hahaha
edit on 11-11-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join