It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Brithday Devil Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
although not a project, but seeing how many Marines attend a Marine Corps Ball on a duty station somewhere, i thought that it would be fitting to say happy birthday to all my fellow Marines, active , reserve, and retired.

240 years old and still kicking ass and taking names.

and a play on a the old hitting the rack saying, my DI told us to say when i was in boot camp.

Happy Birthday Chesty Puller, where ever you are.
edit on 10-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Semper fi
I'll even drink another one for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yut.

Lemme tell you about the Old Corps, son. There I was, ready to storm the walls of Chapultepec...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust

if i was still a drinking man, i'd raise one with you. but here my is coca cola( nectar of the gods)

Semper fi

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

funny you say that, i was thinking about a documentary i saw on either the history channel or discovery can't remember which one it was. it was on what they call the crucible or what we called e beach when i was in.

now i'm not saying Marines now days aren't hard, but if what they showed on that is the way they train and act now days, their no where as near as hard as we were.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I have the UTMOST respect for all of our service members, and a special soft spot for the Marines and the Golden Knights.

Thank you for your service and your sacrifices for our country. I am humbled and extremely grateful for you all.

My Grandfather, Alexander Kolankevitz, was an Airplane Engineer in the Marine Corps, stationed in Samoa and other locations during World War II, watching his brethren die and serving our country. Rest in Paradise to all our fallen soldiers and thank you all who are still with us today

edit on 10-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

your welcome and i appreciate your salute to your grandfather and all others.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Cheers Devil Dogs!

240 years ago today a bunch of sailors hired some hard ass drinking men in a bar to protect them on land and at sea.

The rest is a renowned history.

All you Marines out there get my full gratitude and deepest thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Marines, semper fi

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: irgust

if i was still a drinking man, i'd raise one with you. but here my is coca cola( nectar of the gods)

Semper fi

Have to have mine in diet version , but splurging this time (whats it gonna hurt?)

SEMPER FI , and carry on.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yut! Happy birthday, gents.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Happy Birthday 27

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

I tried to say DARPA but voice to text non compute.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Meh. I don't go in for all that Old Corps/New Corps crap. A modern day infantry corporal has more firepower at the end of his comms than any corporal before him ever did, and he knows how to employ it.

I'll relate a joke my gramps (a three war Marine) told me once: back in Tun Tavern, the first guy to enlist was sitting at a table with his new weapon and a mug of ale. A few minutes pass by, and the recruiter sends the next guy over to join him at the table. The new guy smooths the lapels of his his new coat down as he sits, resting his weapon against the table. He looks at the first guy and smiles. The first guy sneers back and says "in the Old Corps, all we got for signing up was a damn gun. Boot."

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's believable that the Marine Corps started in a bar.

I'll sing the Marine Corps Hymn to the tune of Clementine in honor of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What's some of the devil dog experience here, I'm a former 0311. Any hard charging corpsman here as well?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
SEMPER FI! Happy 240th! Thank you for saving my life! 1st MarDiv 89-91

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Semper paratus jarheads

happy 240

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Semper Fi USMC from your British cousins

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Quote from the Holy Bible Genesis 1 colon 1 in the beginning there was the word and the word was God full stop the same was with hymn in the beginning

top topics

join