It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Moves to Criminalize Opposition to Homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well Voice-of-Doom, if any Christian or Muslim members posted a thread stating that atheists should be placed on an island by themselves, you would be whining about intolerance and running off to your attorney to have them prosecuted for "hate crimes". At least you would want William to ban them. Bigotry is bigorty whether done by a Christian, Muslim, Buddist, or Atheist. Futhermore you yap about my Christian brainwashing, well I didn't have any. I grew up an atheist outside any chruch and wasn't brainwashed. As for the advancement of science, check again for your statement about "Christians have stood in the way of most progressive "truths" since their inception". Newton (among others) was a Christian. The problem is that your are just as "brainwashed" because you have studied only one side of the issue. You rant about the wars started by Christians and ignore the deaths done in the name of Communism. Also you have completely ignored the blood letting of India, China, and Japan before those regions even heard of Christianity. Also Afirca had a rich history of intertribal wars before the Christians show up. Yeah - I know, the Christians stated every war that there ever was.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think trying to regulate thought is a pointless waste of tax dollars. This is obviously a violation of free speech. Still, I'm for live and let live. Folk should not try and push their views off on others. The fact is if christians were more tolerant of a person's right to live their life and make their own choices we wouldn't have need for these kinda laws to protect folk that live "alternative lifestyles". After all everyone has choices to make...whether or not you agree with someone's choices is irrelevant.

Shouting homosexuality is wrong at the top of your lungs will not stop folk from living that way. Shouting abortion is wrong will not stop women from making that choice. Free speech is a double edged sword. You have to respect it to get it, tolerance as well. Fact is you can't protest against someone because you don't like who they are making love to. That's just some good ole mind yo own damn beesewax.

It seems you all have different levels of intolerance. That's why government gets so big cause the people don't know how to act towards one another. We get so petty, and start pointing fingers accusing folk of things we become guilty of just by pointing the finger at them. Point the finger at yourself.

I tell you, this kinda thing would never happen in lollipop land.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry, we built this nation, and this nation is based on Judeo-Christian law. Simple, Saph. It appears that others want to highjack what someone else has built and then run it into the ground. Usually hapopens that way; if you didn't build it or pay for it, you don't care as much about it. Unfortunately it appears as if the owners don't, either since they aren't willings to fight to keep it.

And furthermore, it isn't the Christian's task to pry in other people's bedrooms, it is the other people that seems to demand that the ehtics and morals that have been in place for millenia be changed for them so that they can turn this nation into, well, Sodom and/or Gomorha.

Don't worry, all you anti-Christian, anti-moral folk, it will come down as you wish. The Christian morals of this nation will be stripped away. Those that are left.

In the long run I think we'll cause the Swedes to blush!

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well Thomas Crowne, you just do not get it. All the world's problems can be traced to those nasty intolerant old Christians. Doesn't matter that history has to be rewritten five times to support that view point. Doesn't matter the number of times that Christians stood up for what was right. No one remembers the 1840's and 1850's when it was the Christian churches of the north that spoke out against slavery. Doesn't matter the number of hospitals started by Christians. Doesn't matter the number of homeless shelters operated by Christian churches. No Thomas all the world's problems are caused by the nasty old Christians. The sooner we nasty old Christians learn that and get the hell off this planet, the better off the world will be. Yeah right.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"The sooner we nasty old Christians learn that and get the hell off this planet, the better off the world will be. "

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
what can i say my signature says it all i hate political correctness with a passion and like said before a lot of athiests discrimate as well, they are like don;t hate people, then they themselves go hate religous people

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting comment TC. Who are the "we" people. Are you refering to the millions of non-christian africans that were shipped over and "built" this country? Maybe you refering to the wave of non-christian chinese immigrants that came over from 1820 to 1920 and were responsible for "building" most of the transcontinental railroads for this country.
While I will admit that some christians have played a heavy role in guiding this country to where it is today, I think thats exactly why they needed to be removed from any power position.
I think judeo-christian ethics have had there cycle in time and humanity needs to move on.
Let me put it this way...as a scientist... Im willing to implement my plan just on a experimental basis. Help me setup the system Im talking about for say 200 years. At the end of that time we can all get together and evaluate the situation. If humanity (outside the religiously isolated community) is not happier and progressing then we can look at augmenting the experiment. If the data supports your viewpoint, then I will concede.
Lets try and then we can have a more reasonable debate about this whole subject. What does it cost you, really? 200 years is the blink of an eye...let me know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join