It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mars suffered a nuclear explosion? What do you guys think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was reading this link wondering what's the real story on Mars. Why did we send a rover? Were we really looking for missing water? There are all sorts of ideas on what's happening at mars from marine bases to aliens and I'm sure more. I also find it interesting that article is now buried behind many articles before it saying that we should bomb mars to make it hospitable. What do you guys think?.
P.S. This is my first thread so please be nice!
edit on 10-11-2015 by staywellinformed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: staywellinformed

The guy is pushing a book. Dismiss it patently.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Aside from this being in the wrong place, if Mars was once a thriving planet, you might think some form of remnants would still be visible. There doesn't appear to be any, aside from some very interesting rocks.
But as for us destroying ourselves with nuclear weapons, it's not only likely, it's probable (IMHO).

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Where would you suggest i put this? a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

the real question is if mars was once thriving how long ago was it? if it was in the last million years we might see something if it was more than that who knows.. it would also depend on what took them out of play.... so here is what i can tell you for sure on the subject we dont know and we possibly never will..

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It is an interesting hypothesis and I do believe that mars is littered with ruin's but very ancient one's.
One of my favourite page's no explanation required just study them,
www.marsruins.com...

And a very popular video by NewAndromeda35 on his youtube channel, some of his videos are crud but this is very interesting and I don't buy the image stitching explanation as I actually believe they are what he believes.
youtu.be...

That said there is and have been other alternative answers, take this one, perhaps the best, This guy was serious about his theory and used to work for NASA as well.

metaresearch.org...
metaresearch.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Aside from this being in the wrong place, if Mars was once a thriving planet, you might think some form of remnants would still be visible. There doesn't appear to be any, aside from some very interesting rocks.

This "nuke" could've happened hundreds of millions of years ago

Plenty of time for any signs or structures of civilizations to be eroded into dust.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It is an interesting hypothesis and I do believe that mars is littered with ruin's but very ancient one's.
One of my favourite page's no explanation required just study them,
www.marsruins.com...

And a very popular video by NewAndromeda35 on his youtube channel, some of his videos are crud but this is very interesting and I don't buy the image stitching explanation as I actually believe they are what he believes.
youtu.be...

That said there is and have been other alternative answers, take this one, perhaps the best, This guy was serious about his theory and used to work for NASA as well.

metaresearch.org...
metaresearch.org...

I also believe that Mars was struck with some kind of super weapon; maybe a very long time ago. I think they wiped themselves out from fighting stupid wars.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think you are wrong.
No star, no flag.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Atten:

Please keep the conversation on the topic, which is never each other.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: staywellinformed
I was reading this link wondering what's the real story on Mars. Why did we send a rover? Were we really looking for missing water? There are all sorts of ideas on what's happening at mars from marine bases to aliens and I'm sure more. I also find it interesting that article is now buried behind many articles before it saying that we should bomb mars to make it hospitable. What do you guys think?.
P.S. This is my first thread so please be nice!

‘The discovery of dead civilization on Mars, whose end was apparently catastrophic and due to unknown causes, reinforces our understanding that the cosmos can be a dangerous place and requires a vigorous response from the human race, to reduce the probability that we will perish the same way.

What discovery of a dead civilization on Mars?? and how vigorous in response can the human race get??

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think a more logical explanation would be maybe civilization was destroyed from being pummeled by asteroids i think it's save to say they are natures nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But as for us destroying ourselves with nuclear weapons, it's not only likely, it's probable (IMHO).

No, not really ...

If Russia, for example, thinks this to be likely ... then it should act now, not later.

However, I disagree ... these are big bombs, meant to inhialate big areas ... why bother. Instead of doing this, create smart bullets ... micro rockets, that seek out targets. Nano robots, that will invade the target and cause damage ... heart failures.

Think about it, why should I bother with a nuclear bomb? it's too big, too heavy ... instead, or a disease it doesn't differentiate between friend and foe. Nano technology, robotics and drone technology, will let you create systems that can fly in the air, small and be rechargable ... carry small nano ammunition. Imagine a bullet, that is in reality just a nano-robot like a fly, that stings the target. Or a small spider, that crawls on you during night ... and their sting, is small but deadly.

This is the future of weapons system.

Now, you'd argue ... "deployment" ... you could stop this, by stopping the missiles. I'll deploy them immediately, and activate them later ... imagine your house, infected by small nano robots that were hiding in corners you couldn't see. And then later, they get a signal and activate and crawl out at night ... no need for deployment.

Scary stuff, heh

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The OP could take note that the article does not have much in the way of peer disclaimers, of which there are some, and just rests the case as being not verified. It also has no pictures of any value other than they are from Mars.
Rational Wiki opinion seems to think John Brandenburg a bit er, wacky.
I suppose I need add that John Brandenburg is also a Science Fiction writer. It's interesting up to a point, because if it were true...it seems that the 'Alien' nukers..the given, should be of distinctly human orientation at least intellectually, and the other thing is that the other 'blue marble' was around then too. Add that to the destruction value of a young civilisation as opposed to old, seems to smack of a somewhat nervous God.

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yes
There was a detonation there sometime last year.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
One would think that blowing up a rover on the red planet would be enough but they must have liked the results.

boom

fox 2011

They are pushing their luck very much as if no one is watching.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Unless of course WE are THEM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join