It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious children are meaner than their secular counterparts, study finds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
whaaa?
edit on 12-11-2015 by olaru12 because: W$%HEET^&

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: FyreByrd

What they are saying is that pro-social (sharing and caring) behavoir is a natural part of biological development initially. And that growth or decay of such tendencies are more 'nurtured' by home, family and other close interpersonal modeling.

I saw this yesterday out and about but wasn't here at ATS - was so hoping this would get posted

So, we are born good

:-)

I know it's not that simple - but, I feel pretty good about being able to say it anyhow

You know, now that I think about it, I think it is just that simple in the vast majority of cases.

It's what the science seems to indicate and is in direct contradiction of 'original sin' ideologies. We have to learn to be mean and hateful and we learn how to act/be from those closest to us during our early years. Monkey see, monkey do as it were.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The entire subject of good and bad is pretty interesting. Trying to separate us from our cultures(s) is almost impossible - or, actually impossible

:-)

But still - yeah, when it comes to crime and punishment...judgement and all the rest of it, I think it is reinforced more here than there

If you know what I mean

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join