It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny Gamers - Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

Is anyone on ps4 and would like to help me do this mission at some point in the future?

See at the bottom of my reply to threeeyesopen.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Cool ill send u a friends request, any help is very much appreciated

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Hey PuIpp,

Got my Black spindle last week (woohoo) and have the quest for the exotic pulse rifle 'No time to explain' where one of the quest steps is doing the Vault of glass.

I might request your help if we are online the same time.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Cool, ill be sending u a friends request also my friend

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hey friend, i put your name in the search on ps4 and their is no results what so ever for that user u gave me??

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

There you are! I was legitimately starting to worry about you!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid

Hey friend, i put your name in the search on ps4 and their is no results what so ever for that user u gave me??

So sorry, I just edited it when I saw this reply.

Playstation tag is sonjalovestyson

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc

There you are! I was legitimately starting to worry about you!

Cut down to only a few hours a day in preparation for Fallout. daylight savings has started so I think we are 16 hours difference now instead of the 14 it was before.

Funny enough, I will wait until the weekend as fallout requires a good chunk of time so I have just installed it, created my character and gotten out of the vault and began exploring just the surrounding areas.

I thought I wouldn't play destiny for a while, but its like smoking, people ask me why don't you quit, I reply with "I'm not a quitter".

I guess there will always be time for destiny, especially with the little additions here and there.

I am waiting on either someone discovering the missing exotic armor pieces ( apparently there are 3 pieces for each class that haven't seen the light of day yet) or hoping it will be released at a certain time like some of the other quests.

Getting Black spindle was a pain, ran it about 5 or 6 times before a friend of friend joined and had a strategy that worked really good, only took 2 runs, on the second we finished with about minute to spare and beautiful exotic sniper that sounds awesome and has one hell of kick.

Black spindle drops at 290, however with me chewing through 3 of coins like there's no tomorrow I have already infused 2 special weapon exotics that dropped at 310 and have it at 309.

Man is it powerful, getting critical hits just keeps it firing, I reckon it would be a Golgoroth killer, although I have heard its perk doesn't work on Oryx but the rest of raid it works just fine and is a go to weapon up until Oryx.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Since its a Destiny Discussion thread,

For any Guardians out there that chew through 3 of coins that are sold by Xur here is a link (at bottom of post) with a new strategy that claims will make exotics drop more often than not.

I will be trying this in a few hours and will report back tomorrow with results.

Since the 3 of coins have been available, I have chewed through at least 300 if not more, just last week I bought 50 with my titan alone and around 20 with each other character, so probably close to or over 400 3 of coins I would say.

I have had quite a few exotics drop, maybe a ratio of 1 exotic to every 5 coins.

there was one time where I went through just over 25 coins and nothing dropped, man was I getting pissed after about 15, furious after 20 and then so relieved when one finally dropped, this was all in one playing session of about 6 hours, I didn't want to log of until an exotic dropped.

another time I had 2 exotics drop out of 1 coin in the sunless cell strike after killing the end boss, Alak-Hul the Darkblade.

Anyway, enough of my bragging,

here is the link

gamerant.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Just FYI to you all that do not have enough "friends" to do the raid. There is a website called DESTINY TRACKER, google it, should be the first page to pop up. Navigate to LFG (Looking for game) and you can message others to join their game or start your own fireteam from there. Only takes a few minutes to hook up with a group for the new raid, the older ones might take a bit longer... It's a nicely done site and looks great on mobile.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Update on the strategy in the link I supplied.

Ran 6 heroic strikes, didn't use the 3 of coins until the 3rd and then on the 6th, finished each strike with a full fire-team and nothing dropped.

Ran 3 level 36 strikes from the strike playlist, didn't use 3 of coins until the 3rd and nothing dropped, finished each with a full fire-team as well,

Stayed in the playlist and did one more strike (was going to do 3 so a total of 6 but was getting tired) so I used another 3 of coins on the 4th strike and exotic helmet engram dropped.

So the strategy seemed to fail for me, like others said it did on other discussion sites and in comments of articles. Some said it worked but not 100%.

Anyway,

My strategy which has paid off quite well for me is to use a 3 of coin when ever you are going do something, be it patrol ( as you have the taken show up every now and then in patrols where you need to kill 3 captains and then an ultra boss shows up) a strike (where just about every strike has an ultra at the end, some have 2 ultras, one during the strike another at the end, the only strike with out an ultra is the Dust Palace strike on Mars where at the end you need to kill the 3 Psion Flaires.

The 3 of coins stays activated until you kill an Ultra ( a big boss) once I kill an ultra I immediately drop another 3 of coins.

A few times after getting an exotic to drop I would drop another 3 of coins, go to the tower to pick up my loot and log off.

When I log in the next day, I still have the 3 of coins buff activated and a few times on my next ultra kill I had another exotic engram drop, so that is 2 in a row with a break in play time when logging of and coming back to the real world to eat sleep and go to work.

One friend has had 2 drop in a row in a single game play. I say its random as Bungie I believe have said that 3 of coins stack up, meaning if you don't get an exotic after using one, your chances increase on the next and so on and so forth.

You can use more than one at a time, I used 5 at once a couple of times and once I think used 7 at once with nothing dropping, I personally have had better luck with using one at a time, running strikes, doing patrol, doing missions with ultra bosses at the end to kill and they seem to drop at about a ratio of 1 exotic every 5 coins.

I have read on the net that others aren't that lucky and are more closer to a 1 exotic to every 20 coins used, have a few friends that have had much worse luck than me in getting exotics to drop.

Is it random? is there a special technique on when to use 3 of coins?

So my only suggestion is to use one at a time, next big boss you kill the 3 of coins buff should be gone so drop another.

Personally this has worked fine,

I enjoy playing the game , yes it does get frustrating when I am only playing to farm exotic engrams and they don't drop as often as I would expect but I guess its designed that way to keep you playing.

Lately I have playing more so to farm exotic engrams, the least kind that have dropped for me are gauntlets and have had maybe none or one heavy weapon engram.

I am trying to get a heavy weapon exotic drop and hope its at 310, if this happens I know it could happen again then I could level up even higher without doing the raid.

Maybe Bungie do have some sort programming installed in their servers to make sure it doesn't happen and force players into certain things if they want better gear.

Like some of the quests, require you to play both PvP and PvE, some force to to do a raid if you want to complete the quest.

Yes its pushes players into a variety of game play but for those that choose not to play crucible or not to do raids then I guess they miss out, which bugs me a bit but at the same time see its purpose to push players to do all whats available if they want all the loot that's available.

No complaints from my end, one of the most addictive games ever in my opinion.

Awesome scenery, amazing gun play, interesting story once you realize there is one and most of it is available not in game but on the net (which is stupidddddddd) in terms of ease of use but really clever in a marketing sense.

The game has massive potential to evolve the story into something really epic, which if one has read whats available seems like it will be, I never really understood all the complaints about lack of story, its there and seems to be given in drips and drabs to keep you hooked.

I cant wait to see where it goes, maybe the traveler is not what we have been told or know so far.

Guardians might be fighting on the wrong side, the time traveling vex maybe trying to change the past because the present with us Guardians defending the solar system is maybe not whats suppose to happen and only is due a manipulation by the traveler and those that follow every word of the speaker.

I do think there will be a big twist down the line, what ever it is, it will be worth the wait.

Although hopefully with all the DLC and sequels I hope it really worth it, I mean I have already spent about $200 AUD on the game with the DLCs available along with some of the new silver currency to acquire some emotes which is not a necessity but simply an extra, I really wanted the Thriller dance and the Carlton (from Fresh Prince) dance.

I hope if anyone uses my strategy they are as lucky as I have been if not luckier in getting exotics to drop

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Thanks for the heads up

Its one hell of a grind,

However if you have more than 1 Guardian, one of each class for instance, you can use any piece of armor to infuse into another.

Meaning if you have a Titan chest piece but your Titan already has something with that light level you can use it for your Hunter or Warlock to infuse into their chest pieces to up the light level.

That is how I got my first Character up to 300.

It was My hunter, I used a piece of chest armor at 298 from I think it was Titan that I didn't need as I already had a chest piece at 298 but for my hunter it was only 295 and only needed about 2 more light on something to get my hunter to 300 light.

Infused it, got my Hunter to the 300 mark and then decrypted all my saved exotics and had a lot of fun upgrading weapons and armor along with keeping some nice pieces and weapons I would use.

I saved up about 25 if not more, at least 6 chest pieces, I got 3 Crest of Alpha lupi for my Hunter at 310, kept one and used the other 2 to upgrade my most used chest piece on my Warlock and Titan.

Same with weapons, used whatever doubles I got at 310 to upgrade legendaries.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I know there is a specific way to use them. Deej said a few weeks back that's there's still exotics that ARE available that no one has found yet.
He also flat out said, "Guardians still have yet to figure out the right way to use the 3oC"
I can't figure out what it could be though.
Maybe killing specific enemy's that instead the odds?

I've gotten VERY few exotics from them, hell I think you've been there every time I have.
But for me, I noticed I defiantly get more of them while killing Taken, especially the Zealots.

I think they'll have something to do it...maybe.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc

I know there is a specific way to use them. Deej said a few weeks back that's there's still exotics that ARE available that no one has found yet.
He also flat out said, "Guardians still have yet to figure out the right way to use the 3oC"
I can't figure out what it could be though.
Maybe killing specific enemy's that instead the odds?

I've gotten VERY few exotics from them, hell I think you've been there every time I have.
But for me, I noticed I defiantly get more of them while killing Taken, especially the Zealots.

I think they'll have something to do it...maybe.

I heard that as well,

I have heard that they also stack up, meaning your chances get better on your next one once you kill an Ultra and nothing drops.

The description of the coins says it raises your chances of an exotic drop so this is what confuses me when Deej said that,

Using them the proper way sort of points to having exotics drop always if you use them the right way but that contradicts the description of the 3 of coins of increasing your chance of an exotic dropping in a way, increasing your chances really doesn't imply guarantee drop so if it does by using a technique that no one has yet to work out I sort of hope no one does.

Or I get the feeling that Guardians are being trolled by Deej, I mean if someone works out the correct way I would say that would be the end of them as then everyone would find out and everyone would have exotics drop like rain drops from the sky. It would either be patched and the technique changed or they would simply not be sold by Xur anymore due to the ease of getting exotics

Stupid destiny, even with fallout out I am still getting pulled back into the game.

New quests added just today/yesterday, New Iron Banner, not control but clash style play.

I read an article that a few people have found some exotics than no one else has and that its only like 5 out of the 15-20 million destiny players world wide.

It could be fake, as I do remember Deej saying about no one finding certain exotics.

In the article it was suggested that there are still exotics that are timegated, that sounds logical seeing as a few other weapons were.

Whatever it is, it keeps me reading Destiny news every night and logging into the game just about everyday.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I feel your pain. I've been trying to play fall out a lot too. But I also find myself getting sucked back in. I had a buddy come over yesterday to hang out and play fall out. He asked me about Destiny, so I popped it in "real quick". I started him with Cosmodrome patrols to get a feel for the controls. He liked it, so I sent him into lvl 32(?) Strike playlist. He did a few of them. Then says to me, "OK. Let me see something else. I know there's gotta be other cool stuff." I put him into lvl 28 PoE. Before we knew it, it was almost 1am. 15min after he left, I got a text saying he had started the download for the legendary digital edition. Tonight, I fired it up saying to myself, "I'm just going to see what Xûr has. Then I hop off and play FO4." A few hours later and I'm just stopping now.

It's like Meth, just once and you're addicted.

I got a 310 Red Death drop from using 2 at once, while on patrol. I infused it into my Bad Juju, got it up to 307.
But then, tonight, I've gone through 20 of them. I tried to do the strike method but something was wrong. I played S.A.B.E.R 2 3 times in a row. It just kept playing it on repeat. So I figured I'd go take out some of the Taken ultras, I've gotten the most out of them, and nothing.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Fun fact, that I learned the hard way yesterday:

If you use a three of coins during the raid, use it as close to the end as possible of each boss fight.
If you wipe, or Misadventure, it gets removed.
I totally wasted like 3 or 4 of them while doing it yesterday. I kept thinking, "huh, I thought I used one. Guess not"
Then we all tried it and all lost one.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Looks like thread is becoming my own destiny notebook!
As it turns out, you only lose yours ToC I'd you wipe on Oryx, or if you misadventure.

Also, for those that don't know, as of today, they've released another wave of Exotics! I'm most excited about the MIDA Multitool, No Land Beyond, and my favorite Exotic ties. Armor, the Armamentarium! With Sun breaker, I'll have a grenade about every 10 seconds! I have my Armamentarium up to 309 already!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Don't forget the sparrow racing league.

Ran a few races, there are only 2 maps or courses so it can get boring quick but I enjoyed it doing about 10 races.

You can level up your Rep. for the races and once you get to higher level the loot dropped gets better.

320 light gear is possible to receive as prizes.

I will be grinding it for the 20 or so days its available to try and pick up as much high level gear as I can to either keep or to infuse into other items.

Onto the exotics that arrived,

I have read on the bungie forum that Dragons Breath is kick ass,

Cant wait to start picking up some of the new or old exotics that have been brought forward.

!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!

If you receive an exotic leg engram, DO NOT DECODE IT. I repeat, DO NOT DECODE IT.

People reporting that they receive nothing, quite a few seem to be reporting this and one girl brought it up with Bungie and they responded that they are looking into it but haven't given a time frame for a fix.

Similar to the rare leg engram glitch a few weeks ago that they patched, it seems that now exotic leg engrams have the same glitch,

So save them until Bungie patches the glitch.

With the rare leg engram glitch , I believe it was patched the week after it was discovered, so hopefully it will be as quick.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up on the exotic engrams

As for the sparrow racing league I'm glad you're talking about it because it saves me from making a thread :p

Seriously though I am loving it and hope that it becomes a permanent addition to the game, along with new maps of course.

Bungie has mentioned that all future dlc until destiny 2 will be free so this could be an indication that sparrow racing is here to stay, and more maps will come free of charge.

Also I really want a leaderboard to be made because I am on top of the game but have no way to prove it to anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join