It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny Gamers - Discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ive watched a few games made by the Bungie crew, so lets see if we can get a future plot together;

I think the House of Winter joined with an Archon, discussion, wrong right?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

That is an interesting assumption however it seems the story is taking more of a turn towards the Vex having a larger role.

If you read the lore you find out that the Vex are pretty much the biggest threat because they can go through time and space, and are plotting something that has yet to be revealed.

ETA: I thought skollas was an archon ?

edit on 10-11-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

please continue!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Loved the PvP but...This game has a story???

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

One of the most frequent negative comments I've come across is that destiny has a terrible story, but it doesn't. it's just not presented in a way that captivates the person playing.

The game has a great story but unfortunately it's hidden in the grimoire cards you get throughout the game (reviving dead ghosts etc)

Basically you need to unlock the pieces of the story as you play however there is no database in the game itself where you can see which ones you have.

In order to do that you have to go on the bungie website and log into your account, which in my opinion seriously hurts the games storyline.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I wish I knew more to tell you but honestly most of my info is fragmented as I have only bits and pieces of the story unlocked in the game.

If you check on YouTube there are some good narrators who have unlocked more than I have and put the pieces in the correct order; I would suggest looking in that direction for more info.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I must say i love the game! The story is alright, just as standard as call of duty, in fact the game is call of duty but in space. But whats better is there is always something better to strive for ie equipment where as cod u just prestige and thats the end of it. I cant see why this game isnt bigger than the cod series already?? By the way only brought the game on saturday and already hit level 40 and light level 260, and apparently thats where the game gets more interesting. Im glad i havent hammered every mission yet as i do want the game to last longer. The only let down to the game is i cant complete the glass something crota mission without other players which is a pain in the ass!! Is anyone on ps4 and would like to help me do this mission at some point in the future?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

I'm on the 360 working my way to lvl 300+ but I have to complete the kings fall raid and have the same problem as you.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I hear u friend. The biggest let down about these multiplayer games is they wont cross console multiplayer on the same servers which sucks big time!! Ive made friends on destiny through playing crucible but no one seems interested in doing these missions that we need more players. And i like completing games thoroughly so my OCD is off the wall! Haha

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Lol you said it, plus you can only get the best gear by completing the raid so looks like I will be waiting a while to get to lvl 300

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ive seen guys with light levels over 400 on the game and when i checked their players out they just had 2 exotics equiped and the rest legendary so its definitely doable! Ive been saving up rare coins to exchange for exotics from that weird dude that shows up only on weekends to traid. His name is xur or something like that? And the legendary equipment drop rate in the crucible seems pretty high so id just keep grinding friend and you'll get there

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
In order to do that you have to go on the bungie website and log into your account, which in my opinion seriously hurts the games storyline.

Yeah, that's a poor way to unfurl a videogame story arc. I wondered what those cards the game kept telling me I'd unlocked were for. My gosh, at the very least Bungie could have developed a smartglass app to send your cards to so you can view them quickly on your phone or tablet.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Just put into google 'Destiny 100' and then go on the first one to find people who are also in your position.Thats how i eventually got the Vault of Glass and Crota's End done.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I stopped playing when the latest expansion dropped. I have Forgotten King...just never played it. I have 3, 32 level characters just waiting. I check here and there at what's going on with Destiny and I feel like the game has become ten times more complicated! LOL

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Once you start reading the Grimore cards, as threeeyesopen said, you find out the Vex are a huge deal.
I'm best guess, or hope anyway, is that we'll be able to use a Vex time gate at some point. Maybe we'll get to go back to the Golden Age, or before, to stop them from (un)doing something. It would be awesome to see The Traveler in action. Maybe get to fight alongside him!! Now Fallen, and Hive have had their own expansions. Vex are still left out, along with Cabal, my guess is one of them is next. Vex are way cooler, even if they annoying teleporting #'s.

Also reply to: [post=20015391]threeeyesopen/post]
Skolas was a Kell.

ETA:

reply to: ParanoidCovKid

I play on the PS4 with a couple other ATS members, IIt didn't attract much attention, but I did make a thread for people to find other ATS members.

Vault of Glass is kind of a pain in the ass. Crotas end is easy though. We finished it in like 40min the last time.

We do Kings Fall every week too. I'd be more than willing to run through it with anyone here that doesn't have a full fireteam. Some times I do it more than once a week just because I like it.
My user name is PuIpp, on PS4. BUT thats a capitol i, not L.
I'm on right now
edit on 11 10 2015 by MDpvc because: add.

ETA 2:

All the Grimore cards, that you have, are available on the Destiny app for Android and iOS.
If you don't have the app I recommend it. You can do all sorts of stuff with including moving items to/from characters and your vault in real time. Comes in handy especially when doing the raids and Court of Oryx.
edit on 11 10 2015 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It was ok but the game killer for me is their move towards pay to win, right now it's for dance moves but give it time activision will soon move it for weapons and armor.

At least we have Fallout 4 to keep us busy for a while.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yay! Microtransactions!

Not.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The biggest problem destiny has now with the new raised light level is RNG loot

In some ways it's perhaps better as you can't do the hard raid a few times and get lucky and become max light because now all the drops range from 310 to 320 light in kings fall hard

Last weeks hard raid on my Titan resulted in light level drop weapons and armour lower than the week before

So it's even more of a grind now for the best gear when all drops roll between the 310 and 320 range,need to get very lucky to get more light

Trials of Osiris drops 310 to 320 exotics from time to time in the silver chest rewards and the flawless lighthouse visits can net you 310 to 320 primary's (I got a 318 adapt auto and 319 hand cannon,both terrible weapons so I infused them in my pve gear)

A fair few of my mates are playing cod 3 but I'm sure they will return to destiny as cod pvp is frankly not as good when in destiny you win gun fights on headshots and in cod you can kill them in micro seconds shooting at their feet:-/

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I'm on the 360 working my way to lvl 300+ but I have to complete the kings fall raid and have the same problem as you.

No need to finish Kings Fall to get over 300. Although its endgame and probably the quickest way of getting loot 300 and over.

Its a bit of a grind but once you can to get 300 light level you have a chance of exotic engrams decrypting at 310.

So when you get close, 298 or 299 light level save any exotic engrams you might come across, do the strike playlists either level 36 or the heroic level 41 ( i would suggest grinding the lvl 36) to get heaps of blues engrams, chance are you will get a piece that will nudge you to 300, once at 300 decrypt whatever exotics engrams you have and some should drop 310 level gear or weapons.

Doing Nightfall strikes also gives you better chances now of getting gear above 300.

When I was at 299/298 with my characters I started saving every exotic engram I got (due to having most of the exotics you could get through engrams) I saved up about 25 and went nuts when I got my hunter to 300. close to half of the engrams gave me 310 gear and weapons and the others just the normal 290.

Used any doubles or gear that I wouldn't use to infuse stuff I do use and now have my 3 characters up to 304-306 light level depending on gear and weapons equipped.

Edit.

To ParanoidCovKid:

sonjalovestyson is my PS4 tag, need help just send us a friend request and I can help out with everything, just am not to experienced with the Raids, that's where poster MDpvc can help better I could.
edit on 11-11-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2015 by InhaleExhale because: edit playstation tag

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Viking9019

Thank you very much for letting me know. Im truly grateful, ill be checking it out soon to try it out

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join