It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD is GOD of the Earth not God of the universe...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just shows if we ever meet aliens then we will go to war over GODS.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi
The only new thing about that is the aliens..

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I've done some thinking and from what I can 'work out' GOD is not GOD of the universe but GOD of the Earth. It makes more sense.
So it would only make sense that on other worlds there will be other GODS.

I hope I don't get replies saying GOD doesn't even exist or there are no other worlds....

What do you think?

Sorry man, but nope. God is the Lord of All Existence. In fact, one of His many titles in the Qur'an is "Lord of the Worlds". And the Ethiopian Orthodox word for "God" is Igzee'abihier/Igziabeher, which literally translates into "Lord of the Universe". (And remember, the Ethiopians made Christianity their official religion before the Romans did & about 1,200 years before the Protestants branched off from the Catholics.)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
LOL. A god who always was and always will be, who has no beginning or end, has to start somewhere?

The premise is that he is working with humans, who exist within the structures of time and space.
A process or relationship which takes place within the structures of time has to have a temporal starting-point. Obvious enough really. Silly quibble, since you knew what I meant.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here's an incarnation of the "Throne of God":

I've seen an epic battle of all the God's of Myth and Legend in an all out war with some non-traditional "alien" gods, on a few occasions. It is awe-inspiring and absolutely brutal! The stuff that sci-first and fantasy are made of. The strangest and most fascinating is the various forms they shed when one of them is taking a beating. Similar to a Martyoshka doll. I'm still processing the mechanism's framework (either Archon induced or chakra color).

Anyhow back on topic. All natives to this solar system are a product of our Sun, and its gift of life. So, in effect, that can be a direct expression of "God". But if you fly that kite, you also know that this universe is a collection of fractals, like the Martyoshka doll. Our Sun maybe just one of "God's" digits.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Then what makes Earth so special that GOD would want to be here-OVER the many many worlds with other more advanced aliens?

I always figured that, possibly along with fuel/time considerations, is why they don't actively visit often. Also, didn't they leave some others behind (Lucifer and friends) to rule over things?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

the bible says it

The god of this world is NOT God

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Silly quibble, since you knew what I meant.

It was an observation of irony. You made it a quibble. Also, I didn't claim to know what you "meant". I said "I understand what you're trying to do.
edit on 10-11-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Firstly, we don't know that he isn't also communicating in the same way with other populations.
Secondly, he would have to start somewhere. On the planet earth, he started with the Israelites and then worked outwards from there. If he started from the planet earth and then worked outwards to other planets, that would only be an extension of the same principle.
What made the Israelites so special? Nothing, except that he had to start somewhere. And it would be better to choose a small and unimportant people, because then they would be less likely to take all the credit upon themselves.

Better to choose a primitive, ignorant, superstitious and illiterate people to spread what is claimed to be the ultimate truth about reality........rather than a more advanced society where people can read and write......I wonder why......
edit on 10-11-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
Perhaps because the great and powerful nations will be too full of their own self-importance to be willing to acknowledge obligations elsewhere.
They think they know everything already, so they make themselves unteachable.
Choosing the less self-important is a consistent policy that Paul notices in 1 Corinthians-
"Not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth" (1 Corinthians ch1 v26).

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well, I am a Christian. I believe there is a God in charge of all reality as we understand it, and I am also a believer in extra terrestrial life. The idea that God is only God of our "Earth" would seem to go against the Bible ( Colossians 1:16 - For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him ).

The way I see it; whatever intelligent beings are out there also have their own Bible and a relationship with our very same God. They may even have their own version of Jesus. In fact, if I ever get to talk to an alien the very first thing I am going to ask them is to be able to read their Bible. I want to know their history and get to know who God is to them.

So this is how I see it. It is my own individual interpretation and anyone is welcome to disagree.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Perhaps because the great and powerful nations will be too full of their own self-importance to be willing to acknowledge obligations elsewhere.

I'm sure that would be a difficult task for an all knowing master of the universe.....or maybe it's because only those in primitive and desperate places would be easier to work up into a hysteria?

They think they know everything already, so they make themselves unteachable.

Again, why would that be a problem? Is a vague collection book of stories and superstitions the only possible tool at a gods disposal?

Choosing the less self-important is a consistent policy that Paul notices in 1 Corinthians-
"Not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth" (1 Corinthians ch1 v26).

I'll agree that it does seem to be christianitys MO to find and convert the most desperate and vulnerable...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So is space similar to international waters in your views? Would the areas between planets be considered no gods land? How do stars and moons fit into all of this?

edit on 10-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I personally disagree, maybe I am a dimension shifted entity myself but here is what I remember from my reality?.

In Genesis (in my reality) when Jacob took the stone and placed it for a pillow to rest his head on so that it was not on the ground and then slipped off into an exhausted sleep he heard a voice calling him by name.

"Jacob, Jacob, Jacob my son".

He turned over opening his eye's and looked seeing a great ladder with a multitude of beings which it then described as the angels of the lord going about his business ascending and descending, the ladder seemed to reach from all the earth into heaven (so dimensionally not like the corporeal plane), above the ladder and above heaven into which the ladder reached (above/over rather than in heaven) he saw a mighty throne, all the colours familiar in the description of new jerusalem were described and the throne was likened unto a sapphire and an emerald, now standing before and amidst it (so not sitting on he derrier) was a being like a man but also very different, he was described like this.

He was surrounded by light, His face shone like the sun but brighter, his eye's blazed like coals in a furnace (which I take to mean white hot), his hair and beard were whiter than snow, his hand's and feet shone like burnished (polished) brass reflecting the light of a furnace - so like they were in flames or reflecting great fires), he was robed in a long white robe also whiter than snow with a golden belt/girdle around his chest and he was crowned by a rainbow but with more colours than any rainbow Jacob had ever seen.

He then said to Jacob "I am your FATHER and the GOD of your forefathers Abraham and Isaac and behold this place upon which you now lie Jacob, as far as you can see to the north and to the south, to the east and to the west I give unto YOU and your descendants for all generations as an inheritance".

He then continued and said "And can you count the sand's of the earth upon which you now lie or the STARS OF HEAVEN ABOVE YOU yet I ALONE - WHO MADE THEM - KNOW there TRUE NUMBER and behold Jacob I shall multiply your seed until they are greated in number even than these but your seed shall not always obey me and I shall punish them, like chaff upon the threshing floor blown by the wind I shall scatter them into every family and nation of man, to the north and to the south, to the east and to the west I shall scatter them until all the world is blessed by your seed (are your descendants) but a remnant I shall keep true to my name and when I have fullfilled all that I have told you I shall bring them back to this place and raise them up even to my throne and set them as rulers over all the world".

When Jacob awoke in the morning realising it had been a vision he took the stone he had used as a pillow and stood it on it's end's in the earth, then he took what little precious oil he had with him and poured it over the stone (anointed it) as an offering to GOD saying "Surely this place is the House of God (TEMPLE) - (BETH-EL) and I knew it not", now in your reality it is recorded as being near to an ancient city called Luz that was abandoned at the time of Jacob but in my reality I do not remember any reference to Luz or a city of light, today there are many who claim to have that very stone but they most likely do not, including the Stone of Destiny used for crowning british monarch's, it is not Jacobs pillow as no normal human could have used that stone to rest there head for a sleep.

Of course maybe I am dimension shifted but I have not made this up, I have added my understanding in brackets of what I read in my youth before something nasty happened to me in the period of 1989 to 1994 so take it or leave it but as far as I am concerned my understanding of God is that he made the universe and any being lower than that order is not a GOD at all, it may be powerful in it's own domein which is limited but to be God is to be truly unlimited.

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven"
"Who then lord can be saved"
"For man this is impossible but for GOD ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

For god a thousand years is but a day and a day a thousand years?.

edit on 10-11-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

I've done some thinking and from what I can 'work out' GOD is not GOD of the universe but GOD of the Earth. It makes more sense.
So it would only make sense that on other worlds there will be other GODS.

I hope I don't get replies saying GOD doesn't even exist or there are no other worlds....

What do you think?

What a pathetic and tiny 'god' you have... you might as well worship Donald Trump!
If you are going to dump the main God definition of 'Omni-'...

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

..and yours is even punier (if that's even a word ). The real master Coder of Existence built not only this world, this Universe but the Multiverse, the infinite dimensions of the multiverse and infinite realities of each version. I often ponder if anyone can really grasp how incredible this feat is/was/will be ?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
(And remember, the Ethiopians made Christianity their official religion before the Romans did & about 1,200 years before the Protestants branched off from the Catholics.)

Maybe they needed it more then, Romans had a much better religion, they couldn't care less about Christianity,
it was forced on them with blood and suffering.
Anyway how did they explained their diversity, since we all come from Adam?
And since ''Ethiopians made Christianity their official religion before the Romans did'' why the earliest gospels were written in Greek? Why christianity didn't took it's form in Ethiopia, instead of Rome?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

you might as well worship Donald Trump!

Huh? Who doesn't ??

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Maybe he could be just be god of this galaxy. Assuming such an entity exists.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Are you basing this on an interpretation of scripture or is this your own metaphysical musings?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
According to modern astrononomy, all the galaxies resulted from the same process.
Whatever was responsible for one of them was responsible for all of them.
"Creation" means bringing something into existence in the first place.
Therefore it is impossible to be Creator of one galaxy alone.
If he is Creator, he has to lie behind the Big Bang.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join