It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD is GOD of the Earth not God of the universe...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've done some thinking and from what I can 'work out' GOD is not GOD of the universe but GOD of the Earth. It makes more sense.
So it would only make sense that on other worlds there will be other GODS.

I hope I don't get replies saying GOD doesn't even exist or there are no other worlds....

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

That depends how you define god?
To me god is a metaphor for the force(dark matter/dark energy) in the universe.
So it is definetly universal. Earth is female, a goddess nature etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Not according to my religion, Islam. Allah calls himself multiple times, The lord of the Worlds, other transations say Lord of the Universe. If every planet had its own God wouldn't those Gods fight each other in order to conquer/destroy planets you think? To me, 1 God makes much more sense.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If you're talking about the Biblical God, he identifies himself as the one who made the heavens, who made all the stars.
A couple of references out of many; "who stretches out the heavens like a curtain" (Isaiah ch40 v22); "He who made the Pleaides and Orion" (Amos ch5 v8).
If he made all the stars and planets, he has rights of ownership over the rest of them as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel
Maybe only us humans feel the need to fight over a god or gods.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Then what makes Earth so special that GOD would want to be here-OVER the many many worlds with other more advanced aliens?
edit on 10-11-2015 by gell1234 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Firstly, we don't know that he isn't also communicating in the same way with other populations.
Secondly, he would have to start somewhere. On the planet earth, he started with the Israelites and then worked outwards from there. If he started from the planet earth and then worked outwards to other planets, that would only be an extension of the same principle.
What made the Israelites so special? Nothing, except that he had to start somewhere. And it would be better to choose a small and unimportant people, because then they would be less likely to take all the credit upon themselves.

edit on 10-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Interesting concept - thanks for sharing your thoughts. I subscribe to the belief that our there is One True God and that this Almighty is God of all worlds, but your thoughts here are still very important. What if there are multiple gods, who reign over different worlds? It is an intriguing idea to say the least.

link   

Your mistake is you have a limited perception of god. He is every where, at the same time.

link   
What do I think?

I have not got a clue. I only know what the Bible says about Him.

Jesus never described God at all. Think about it. There is not one place where Jesus spoke of what God is like. He would have been describing Himself: He said "I AM" to them when they asked who He was and He told us "Ye are gods" when informing us of our potential power. Yet the Heavenly Father is not described as a form in any of the Gospels.

In the Bible YHWH is described as

Exodus 33:20; “You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” (I love that. It is one of the best one liners I know equal with Christ's answer, "I AM".

Ezekiel 1:26-28; “Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.”

"Revelation 1:14-16; “His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance".

Revelations4: 2-5; "and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

and,

Revelations 4: 6-8; "6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come”

That describes my God and His Christ. Remember the commandment,

Exodus 20: 3-4; 3"You shall have no other gods before Me. 4"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me".

Also, remember why the image of the beast being worshipped breaks this very important commandment. What we visualise as God is not God because we do not know what God looks like because we would die if we saw His face. I do not visualise God. He is Spirit JUST like Christ told us He was, is and yet shall be HalleluJAH!

So if any of you tell me what God looks like I will call you out on it in advance. To me you would be telling a lie as you do not have the authority or ability to see God until that time we shall all be able to see His radiance.

(sorry the writing went bold during the post and I can't seem to edit it out)
edit on 10-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I think that you're both right and wrong--I think that our modern version of "god" has evolved from what it used to be, which was a superstitious way for relatively uneducated people to explain away mysteries and happening for which they had no answer.

So, in thinking about my viewpoint, I'm absolutely certain that there are other gods in civilization on other worlds, but I'd bet that the theory of a god began in much the same way as it did here on earth.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Ha! His radiance. May the force be with you.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Gods fight each other in order to conquer/destroy planets you think? To me, 1 God makes much more sense.

I believe one GOD as well, but I can't imagine in fighting GODS, if there are more than one. Why fight if your a GOD? What could possibly be greater or higher? Can a GOD have any need to fight for more? Perhaps at some point we'll know, right when we transition out of this plane of existence.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
God says otherwise many times in His Word: He created the heavens (note the plural) and the earth. Easy.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A war of the gods would surely ensue!

I'm sure that they would all claim to be the one master and commander of the universe, they apparently seem to be quite egotistical like that.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think you should Google Universim. A game where you are God of a planet and influence the people and only spread your influence of people spread. Personally I don't believe in a Creator God.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Maybe only us humans feel the need to fight over a god or gods.

because only us humans have the ego to ask "why am i here" and then answer that question with "because im special".

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Secondly, he would have to start somewhere.

LOL. A god who always was and always will be, who has no beginning or end, has to start somewhere?

But I understand what you're trying to do.........

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One God many names.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I've done some thinking and from what I can 'work out' GOD is not GOD of the universe but GOD of the Earth. It makes more sense.
So it would only make sense that on other worlds there will be other GODS.

I hope I don't get replies saying GOD doesn't even exist or there are no other worlds....

What do you think?

What a pathetic and tiny 'god' you have... you might as well worship Donald Trump!
If you are going to dump the main God definition of 'Omni-'...

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join